Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squashed Square Tileset (troubleshoot)  (Read 640 times)

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Squashed Square Tileset (troubleshoot)
« on: September 08, 2009, 04:49:58 pm »

I'm putzing around with the Kobold Camp mod (the one that downloaded altogether with a version of the Mayday graphics DF, with cutebold graphics) and the tiles are coming out squished rectangular, though it uses the square 'font' it looks really awkward. I haven't really used 'graphics' before so I'm at a loss as to what's causing this.

Here's my init:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which all looks normal to me -- what in the graphics settings could be causing this, and where do I poke around to fix it?

The squished-ness happens whether or not I have 'graphics' turned on.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 05:15:53 pm by Chromie »

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Squashed Square Tileset (troubleshoot)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 05:26:19 pm »

Your GRID and FULLGRID are smaller than the minimum size. Nothing below 80 columns is allowed by DF, if memory serves. I forget what the limit is for rows. Don't have the game in front of me right now. The default settings for these two are the minimum I believe.

You should probably upgrade to the 40d16 release. The grid sizes and everything work differently and will probably be able to do what you are trying to do here. (Don't quote me on that)
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: Squashed Square Tileset (troubleshoot)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 05:47:23 pm »

You should probably upgrade to the 40d16 release. The grid sizes and everything work differently and will probably be able to do what you are trying to do here. (Don't quote me on that)

Nope, sorry. The minimum is still 80:25
<3