Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My haunted location sucks  (Read 555 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
My haunted location sucks
« on: September 08, 2009, 04:11:21 pm »

There was just ONE werewolf, he died, and now I only get regular fauna.

Is there any way to enhace locations after starting the game? IE: editing in more creatures, whatnot? Or will I have to imagine that there are fell creatures stalking outside?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
Re: My haunted location sucks
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 04:25:31 pm »

Look in the werewolves' raws and change [POPULATION_NUMBER:10:20] to [POPULATION_NUMBER:100:500]

You'll be swimming in werewolves. Well, more like being torn to shreds by them, but still.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 04:58:31 pm »

Also change [CLUSTER_NUMBER] to something bigger. Or you could change ALL creatures to appear in EVERY biome like I did. I see 25 Werewolves in a 'Wilderness' spot.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 07:49:05 pm »

Kill the current fauna, new ones will spawn.

I used to do the military challenge (embark with 7 military dwarves with weapons but no supplies) in evil biomes. Usually I ended up hunting the evil life from the region until I ended up with something benign so I can do basic scavenging and woodcutting tasks. But the reverse is just as true, if you want new wildlife kill the old ones.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 08:18:37 am »

Kill the current fauna, new ones will spawn.

I used to do the military challenge (embark with 7 military dwarves with weapons but no supplies) in evil biomes. Usually I ended up hunting the evil life from the region until I ended up with something benign so I can do basic scavenging and woodcutting tasks. But the reverse is just as true, if you want new wildlife kill the old ones.

Really? I was under the impression that once it was dead it was gone. AKA - depletion via hunting.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.