Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Picking up entrails!  (Read 1406 times)

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Picking up entrails!
« on: September 08, 2009, 12:31:44 pm »

(Warning: the following suggestion is gross, disturbing and I'll probably be called a wierdo for posting this)

So, you know how wounds to the lower body may cause your entrails to shoot out. Well, when I first saw that happen to a gobbo, I tried to pick 'rm up, but I couldn't. I assume they only act as "decorations" like blood. But wouldn't it be awesome if we could pick them up and throw them at stuff (we already do this with vomit, so why not?). Just imagine...

The Goblin Swordmaster slashes you in the lower body.
Entrails shoot out of the wound
You pick up the Human entrails
You smash the Goblin Swordmaster in the head with the Human entrails
It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass!
The Goblin Swordmaster has been struck down

(Ok, you probably won't survive getting gutted, but you get the point.)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: Picking up entrails!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 12:34:39 pm »

Smashing their head with entrails? That's weird, I'd rather use the entrails to strangle them.
<3

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 12:43:35 pm »

Well, strangling would work too. Or you could use it as a whip! Or hook it up to a barrel full of air and use it as scuba gear! What can't they be used for?!

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 01:00:20 pm »

(Warning: the following suggestion is gross, disturbing and I'll probably be called a wierdo for posting this)

New to the community :P ?
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 01:16:09 pm »

Entrails!!!
They're like God's disgusting ropes.

Ok, as soon as ropes are properly implemented, making entrails behave as ropes will be a piece of cake.
<3

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 09:38:05 pm »

I'm almost certain Toady has mentioned strangling someone with their own guts. :)
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 01:38:20 am »

Use fire imp entrails as tubing for pumping magma. Hook them up to the fire imp who you got them from, who then had their limbs amputated, and were kept alive through implants, so their lungs could be used to pump the magma through the entrails.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 05:25:38 am »

I'm almost certain Toady has mentioned strangling someone with their own guts. :)

Indeed.  It's in the dev notes:

# Bloat136, WRESTLING, (Future): Various ways to involve exposed guts in wrestling. Grab the guts. Strangle with the guts. Flames should affect spilled guts. Guts should remain on the field after death.

And it's also sorta being implemented in the next version:

Quote from: dev log
01/17/2009: I did partial fractures today and did some more with healing breaks and scarring, did some changes to permanent deformation wounds (bends/dents on metal creatures for example), handled how heavy bruising and miscellaneous damage causes function loss, did permanent bleeding for wounds like heart bifurcation/throat removal, and refined the contents under pressure characteristics for guts; the ability to grab the exposed guts, attack or sever the exposed guts, the guts getting dirty when they drag on the ground and other such things all came basically for free. There are some dev items on that I guess... you can't yet strangle people with the exposed guts, though I suppose that's now within reach (grabbing the guts now would only open up a pinching attack I think, which would be the least of your adversary's problems). All very disgusting.