Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding a bronze colossus  (Read 6343 times)

Voligne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding a bronze colossus
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:53:58 am »

How do I mod my game so that I might play as a bronze colossus in adventure mode? I have read the mod guides but do I really have to create all those tags/tokens/whatever to create a bronze colossusable adventure game?

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
Re: Modding a bronze colossus
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 01:16:41 pm »

i think it's [INDIV_CONTROL]

it's at the top of the humans. in entity default. just add it to the colossus and i think i'm not to sure if it'll work or not but you should then be able to play now:collossus in adventurer mode
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 01:45:31 pm »

[ENTITY:whatever]
[CREATURE:BRONZE_COLLOSUS]
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 12:15:19 am »

Bad things happen when you put bronze colossus in place of dwarves

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 12:24:27 am »

Also, no matter what I do I cannot seem to get the colossus playable in adventure mode.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 12:37:53 am »

You may need to add the [ADVENTURE_TIER] tag, and assign it a number that isn't already taken.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 01:30:26 am »

You may need to add the [ADVENTURE_TIER] tag, and assign it a number that isn't already taken.

I think the problem was the megabeast tag. I'm not sure though... I did get it working by making an identical creature entry to the bronze colossus, called the steel colossus. I then stripped out the megabeast tag and a few other things, gave them all the civ stuff that dwarves get, and made them a full civilization. Now I'm playing colossus fortress... woot!

By the way, a steel colossus can go toe-to-toe with a demon pretty easily.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 01:44:03 am »

I think the problem was the megabeast tag. I'm not sure though... I did get it working by making an identical creature entry to the bronze colossus, called the steel colossus. I then stripped out the megabeast tag and a few other things, gave them all the civ stuff that dwarves get, and made them a full civilization. Now I'm playing colossus fortress... woot!

By the way, a steel colossus can go toe-to-toe with a demon pretty easily.

Hmm, I've adventured with a modded-in megabeast with the [MEGABEAST] tag still intact. I dunno.

It'd be funny if you let them keep [BUILDINGDESTROYER]. That way every time you tried building a bridge it'd probably get wrecked.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 05:34:35 am »

Yeah, colossus fortress stopped almost immediately when I realized I'd left in the building destroyer tag. Fixed and embarked on a new area, its going well. They're ridiculously tough though. I may need to mod supergoblins and add in orcs.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 07:34:12 am »

This reminds me of a thread over on 4chan a few months ago. Someone had tried modding Colossi as playable in Adventure mode, but didn't do a good job of it. When they went to play a new game in Fortress mode, the Bronze Colossus civilisation took a dislike to them and staged a siege. Much "fun" was had.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 01:19:04 pm »

This reminds me of a thread over on 4chan a few months ago. Someone had tried modding Colossi as playable in Adventure mode, but didn't do a good job of it. When they went to play a new game in Fortress mode, the Bronze Colossus civilisation took a dislike to them and staged a siege. Much "fun" was had.

Oh lord.  The horror.

Semi-topically, is there a way to add a race as an adventurer but not as a civilization?  So I could, for example, Play Now! as a colossus or what have you.  I'm assuming [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] with [ADVENTURE_TIER:#], but I don't want to have them show up as a civilization.

Edit: Thanks LegoLord, need to read more carefully.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 01:27:40 pm by Bricks »
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 01:23:19 pm »

That's kind of the idea behind:

[ENTITY:whatever]
[CREATURE:BRONZE_COLLOSUS]
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
Plus adventure tier.  If there's no site type or biome preferences, an actual civ can't form.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember