Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How did my ranger die?  (Read 1402 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: How did my ranger die?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 08:20:27 pm »

Having modded everything in my game to different sizes after they spawned and then watching them be no better at fighting AND drop the number of bones, meat, and chunks as their pre-modded size, I can fairly well assure you that they do not, in fact, change size. Go ahead and mod up an animal to size 6000, then butcher it and see how you do not get 6000 bones, chunks, or meat. Rather I'd posit that, since you were fighting demons, your champions had probably been training for quite some time and had reached ludicrous stats and were possibly wearing good armor and frog demons are kinda not that big of a threat.

Just did it to cows. Butchered cow. Got 6000 bones.

If i mod Dorf size to 6000 they can't wear the armor i made before i made their size 6000, and any armor i make while they're size 6000 is 'large' when i return them to normal.

You do have to restart DF for the changes to take effect though.

--EDIT--

Interesting, now when i mod cow size back to normal i contine to get 6000 bones from them, even from the cow calfs.

How very strange.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 08:29:48 pm by Neruz »

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 10:16:30 pm »

I had been restarting Dwarf Fortress, obviously. I even deleted my Data-Objects folder just to make sure.

Now to hear that it sometimes changes and sometimes doesn't... I'm a little baffled. Every time I've changed it, it has failed to alter their size. Just to be 100% sure, the cows that produced 6000 bones weren't brought onto the map (or born, or whatever) after you changed the raw, did they?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 03:42:29 am »

Nope, i embarked with cows, butchered one, changed size, butchered a second one, changed size, butchered a third one.

Got normal bones the first time, 6000 bones the second two times.

Interestingly, if i mod Dorfs to size 6000 they demand size 6000 armor, and if i mod them down again they say they can't wear size 6000 armor because it's too big and want size 6 armor.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 08:06:47 pm »

Man, I really wish I knew what was causing it to work sometimes and not others. Because if I did, I think that'd solve my "Cacame won't wear armor" problem.

What version are you using?

bluea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 08:40:13 pm »

Were all the cows critters you had in cages right from the start?

Because a cow -entering-the-map-, say via a migration, caravan or birth might be handled differently.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 01:37:13 am »

I'd only just embarked, so the cows were chilling out around the wagon.

Also, using D11.
Pages: 1 [2]