Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Creature  (Read 539 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Creature
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:43:26 pm »

Right, so I've decided to create a hannibal creature with the intention of having him lead an elephant army like the badass he is.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is my current idea, any recommendations? I want there to be only one on the map at a time, but I fear that having his genpower type stuff too low will cause him to go extinct.
Is there any way that I could make elephants actually follow him?

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 09:54:14 pm »

Set cluster number to 1 to ensure only one on the map at a time. Babies will always be of the same species, no matter what name you call the young, and births are dependent on the presence of an opposite-gendered creature of the same species on the map so in practice this will almost never occur with a wild creature that appears in a group of 1.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 09:58:05 pm »

Set cluster number to 1 to ensure only one on the map at a time. Babies will always be of the same species, no matter what name you call the young, and births are dependent on the presence of an opposite-gendered creature of the same species on the map so in practice this will almost never occur with a wild creature that appears in a group of 1.
Yeah, I know. I don't intend to have him reproduce, the calf thing was just a joke. Changing the cluster number to 1, then, I suppose I'll increase the genpower.
I was considering simply adding a hostile version of elephants and calling them "Hannibal's Elephants" with the only difference being that they're not benign, which I think makes them only spawn in high savagery areas. My main fear is that they'll attack each other though, will that happen and is it preventable?

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 10:01:11 pm »

I don't think GENPOWER does anything right now; it was originally supposed to relate to the non-existant magic system.