Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [embedded] tag  (Read 1232 times)

Gortrek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[embedded] tag
« on: September 07, 2009, 05:47:09 pm »

You gouge The Child's right lung with Your left hand!
The Child's right lung has been torn out!

You gouge The Mace Lord's brain with Your left hand!
The Mace Lord's brain has been torn out!

If you add the [embedded] tag to any organ, or ear, or anything really, you can get some interesting gouge effects. Obviously some of these things make playing on adventure mode as a wrestler MUCH easier, but I do say, the effects are really something else! To make some of the organs work, you would obviously have to RP as some sort of super warrior, but things like making the ears gougable would be safe.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [embedded] tag
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 06:28:05 pm »

All hail Gortrek! The dude who was not as lazy as me to figure this out!
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Gortrek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 10:43:44 pm »

The only thing that I found that was slightly confusing but pretty understandable is that in order to gouge out organs etc, you would need to grapple with the upper or lower body. I first tested this out on ears and was confused when I could no longer find ears listed as things I could grab ahold of--I had to grab the head and THEN I could gouge the ears off!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 11:08:15 pm »

You could also give your fists the latch tag, so that when you punch something you can shake him around... and probably tear a chunk off.

EDIT: punch attacks. hehe.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:10:41 pm by Vester »
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Gortrek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 11:12:30 pm »

That's a pretty good idea. The thought of elvish and human children latching onto my adventurer and tearing off chunks when I'm slaughtering a town is good.

If I gave my humanoid mouth a latch tag, would it be selectable during wrestling?

EDIT: Also I'm really tempted to put embedded on the spine, just to see what happens.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:14:13 pm by Gortrek »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 11:15:27 pm »

You might have to give it grasp or make it a limb, I think.

Not too sure. It's one or the other.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Gortrek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 11:27:47 pm »

Yeah, mouth is unselectable sadly. Ripping out spines surprisingly does little damage. I ripped out the spine of a little boy and all he did was crawl towards me--barely any bleeding, but still pretty hilarious.

Also ripping out brains doesn't really seem to stop anyone from continuing to crawl after you.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 11:32:04 pm »

They do suffocate after a while, though.

(I think.)

Hmm... try removing aperture from the mouth. Or small.

Gortrek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 11:45:05 pm »

Sadly ripping out organs doesn't cause as much damage as I hoped. I would have hoped that it would have caused quite a bit more bleeding etc much like typical wounds such as axe/sword/spear etc wounds would, but they seem to only do minimal damage. This lasher I'm testing things out has managed to survive with me gouging out both eyes, ears, right kidney, rights lung, and his guts. Apparently guts aren't vital?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 11:50:33 pm »

Damn.

I think the reason it's not working as well is because ripping out their organs technically doesn't hurt their torso, it's as if you reached in and just pulled it out without damaging any skin.

I can't think of any way to rectify that. Damn.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 12:03:42 am »

I've managed to rip out every possible non-vital organ and bone from a human. In the end, all that he has left is one lung, a heart, a brain, and his spine.

I removed his guts, kidney(s?), stomach, pancreas, a single lung, eyes, and every single joint.

Now if only I could put them back in...

I've also modded every limb to have the [GRASP] tag, so I'm literally pulling out someone's kidney with lower left arm.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 12:06:51 am by blah28722 »