Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] tamed exotic creatures hate liasons.  (Read 1009 times)

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] tamed exotic creatures hate liasons.
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:10:10 am »

I start a map, manage to catch a giant bat and giant cave swallow in cage traps when I accidentally tunnel into a bottomless pit, leave them in my stockpile and forget about them till the dungeon master turns up and I assign my animal trainer to tame them since the DM is busy smelting. As soon as the dwarven caravan arrives and the liason enters my fort they both attack and kill him. They both have the tame animal designation, and the stray animal one as well, so it's not the 'buying exotic animals before you can tame them breaks them' bug, it looks like it's something different. I have a save a minute or so before the caravan arrives if anyone wants to check the problem out.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] tamed exotic creatures hate liasons.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 04:13:42 pm »

Three things:

1. This is funny.

2. Have the creatures ever killed a dwarf that you know of? It may have in world gen, so they are never truly tamed.

3. Possibly, since the Dungeon Master didn't tame them they could be not fully tamed.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 04:39:30 pm »

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 06:40:38 am »

Yeah, I'm really leaning my suspicions on number 3 there. Also whoops, looking through those links, it seems someone with a name very similar to mine posted a very similar thread, hehe.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 06:44:38 am »

Oh wow, you posted two of those.  Guess I'll add this one to that compilation and make it three.