Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: taking the fight to the conservatives!  (Read 1865 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
taking the fight to the conservatives!
« on: September 07, 2009, 12:38:46 am »

So, I'm rather new, but have been having lots of fun on nightmare mode, just having lost all my guys after a horrible death squad incident. But I've been running into some problems, mainly that I can't seem to ever get any units any good with firearms.

So, I'm wondering whats the best way to get your guys trained up, short of throwing them out to the police? I would like to get them some training before I have my conserative killing machine go at it. As well, dodge trains in melee now? So, does that mean i could let them punch a bunch of random crack addicts, and they'd gain dodge? This would be good to know.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: taking the fight to the conservatives!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 01:43:39 am »

Yea, melee gives dodge now.

Training firearms is the hardest, you tend to splat em outright or just miss.

Find a place like the vegan stand, conservative nightmare mode....  lay waste to as many conservatives as possible...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 08:37:34 am »

The safest way to get decentish gun skills is to recruit someone who has such skills and have them teach.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 11:29:45 am »

if your insane go into the industrial apartments. in nightmare mode there WILL be civvilians with guns, though.
Hello Hunam

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 12:06:49 pm »

I tried just going to the labs, with the animal rights down at arch conservative, the mutants make some good training. So, just to clarify, its them attacking you in melee that gives dodge no?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 01:27:41 pm »

if your insane go into the industrial apartments. in nightmare mode there WILL be civvilians with guns, though.
  Losses are acceptable.

I tried just going to the labs, with the animal rights down at arch conservative, the mutants make some good training. So, just to clarify, its them attacking you in melee that gives dodge no?
  Yes, they have to be attacking your character...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 01:43:15 pm »

I'm not entirely sure you can conquer enemy safehouses on nightmare mode. I mean, I've tried killing the CCS Eagle grill place forEVER. I once killed what, 20 of them at once. Third time around, I molotoved the damned place, but it only gets shut down (which apparently doesn't hamper CCS progress).

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 01:53:56 pm »

Closing down a CCS base should result in it becoming yours, shouldn't it?

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 02:00:24 pm »

I belive you jsut have to keep killing CCS during the same day till they surrender
Hello Hunam

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 02:14:00 pm »

I've closed down that base five times by now, and it's not becoming mine. I've killed what, a hundred of their men? When does it become good enough? ;_;

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 02:30:09 pm »

You have to kill 25 in one day. It should actually tell you when you've accomplished that now. I forgot about the molotov strategy and shutting them down; perhaps if you inflict enough damage via molotov, it should kill the safehouse without letting you capture it for yourself?

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 03:29:54 pm »

I'm fairly sure I killed 25 in one day earlier. At a minimum. But I'll give it another six goes.

Out of curiosity, can I send SEVERAL squads in one day to accomplish this 25 kill goal, or must a single squad be responsible for all of it?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 03:31:19 pm »

It has to be a single squad. It's like a raid on your base; you have to kill 25 attackers to stop one of those too.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 06:49:33 pm »

Interesting! So you can use molotov cocktails to shut places down? Sounds fun.

Edit: A bit off topic, but figured I'd just ask here, what the heck does disbanding do?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 06:58:56 pm by tehstefan »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 07:35:20 pm »

Disbanding accelerates the game and lets you press a single keystroke to advance the game by an entire month. You get to see the political situation and an average of all the poll issues, so you can watch society change over time. Your sleepers stay active, switch to advocate Liberalism, and jump to 100% effectiveness, but all your activists go into hiding, and may even abandon the LCS. You can reconstitute the LCS at any time and return to normal gameplay, but the penalty is that you might not have all your people come back. Basically, disbanding is what you can do if you believe you are on track to victory and you need to just coast for a year or two without crawling one day at a time and fighting off continual police raids.
Pages: [1] 2