Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Post your strangest defence plan!  (Read 6582 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post your strangest defence plan!
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2009, 05:19:50 pm »

A long corridor with fortifications carved on one side. 30 tiles away, through mined out space and fortifications, is a row of catapults. As soon as the ambush/siege gets inside the corridor, drawbridges covering up pits on either end are raised, sealing even the most powerful of megabeasts inside. Then the catapults, preferably low quality catapults manned by new recruits, open fire.

Hilarity ensues.

However, I liked the corridor of copper whips. In my experience though, even low damage modded gore weapons made from wood are often lethal. Traps right now are absurdly strong.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2009, 05:48:01 pm »

By DF standards, I have the strangest defence system ever. It consists of a wall, a drawbridge, and a gatehouse full of marksdwarves. also, when the drawbridge goes up, it has a 50% chance of raining {Stray Puppy Chunks [2]}.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2009, 06:08:52 pm »

By DF standards, I have the strangest defence system ever. It consists of a wall, a drawbridge, and a gatehouse full of marksdwarves. also, when the drawbridge goes up, it has a 50% chance of raining {Elf Chunks [25]}
Fixed for great accuracy

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2009, 06:10:22 pm »

A long corridor with fortifications carved on one side. 30 tiles away, through mined out space and fortifications, is a row of catapults. As soon as the ambush/siege gets inside the corridor, drawbridges covering up pits on either end are raised, sealing even the most powerful of megabeasts inside. Then the catapults, preferably low quality catapults manned by new recruits, open fire.

Hilarity ensues.

However, I liked the corridor of copper whips. In my experience though, even low damage modded gore weapons made from wood are often lethal. Traps right now are absurdly strong.

That reminds me of those vampire vines from 'Mazirian the Magician'... haven't read that for a while, though.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]