Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beds  (Read 1823 times)

AxisofLint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beds
« on: September 06, 2009, 09:36:24 am »

Is it possible to mod in beds that can be made out of other material (namely stone), and/or will this appear in any future releases does anyone know?

Rvlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beds
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 09:47:54 am »

I know someone has made a glass mod, which allows a large amount of stuff including beds to be made from glass, AFAIK no near future change will be made to allow bed from other materials. It might be annoying, but you will learn to live with it... Hell in my average fortress dwarfs dont get beds before year 5-6...  ;D

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 10:32:25 pm »

Beds can be made out of just about any material in this list, as long as you make a smelter reaction. Right now I'm experimenting with making stones and logs out of glass and bones.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 02:56:31 pm »

[REACTION:BED_GLASS_CRYSTAL]-----[NAME:cast a crystal glass bed][SMELTER]
[REAGENT:3:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:GLASS_CRYSTAL:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NO_SUBTYPE:GLASS_CRYSTAL:NO_MATGLOSS]
[FUEL]
Finis sanctificat media.

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 04:10:32 pm »

Beds can be made out of just about any material in this list, as long as you make a smelter reaction. Right now I'm experimenting with making stones and logs out of glass and bones.

I would like to see beds made from filth. Or at least FILTH_B (what is that thing?)
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 08:31:04 pm »

I just made 5 beds out of vomit. only problem is, since vomit is a liquid, they immediately melt into puddles.

Edit:I just tried making elf logs. they just turned out as weight 1 wood logs. Too bad, if it had worked, it would have opened up a great modding possibility of making walls, beds and doors out of elves, and literal dwarf fortresses.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:17:42 pm by Keuran »

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 12:43:28 am »

I just made 5 beds out of vomit. only problem is, since vomit is a liquid, they immediately melt into puddles.

Edit:I just tried making elf logs. they just turned out as weight 1 wood logs. Too bad, if it had worked, it would have opened up a great modding possibility of making walls, beds and doors out of elves, and literal dwarf fortresses.

Man, this is how I imagine how Hell could look like - the damned souls used as building material
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 01:41:03 am »

You can make beds out of fat but they seem to have a problem with recognizing the creature's ID, same with other animal products. Stone and logs can only be made from stone and wood respectively, though I successfully made blocks of yellow sand, and I assume they can be made out of literally anything (barring creatures and plants, though I haven't confirmed this).I haven't tested many finished goods but it's safe to assume most can be made of anything except creatures and plants, since they most likely work on the same principles as doors, barrels and beds, which all work fine. I may in the future try modding vermin to be butcherable and adding reactions to turn the remains into corpses, thus creating -rat bone scepters- and *fire snake leather bags* (I plan on using fire imp leather bags to test magmaproofing of items by containers eventiually)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 03:59:32 am »

Could also mod in a type of 'wood' called (for example) iron frame, then a smelter reaction which turns iron bars into iron frame logs (no way I know of to exclude the log part) so that anything you made of this modded wood would show as 'iron frame bed' or 'iron frame table'