Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 2 - Game over.  (Read 31143 times)

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 2 - WAKE UP! It's Day 1.
« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2009, 12:01:17 pm »

It's gone past noon though...

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2009, 12:06:30 pm »

I'd bet hard cash that if Free Beer flips town, the mafia will leave major_sephiroth alive to incriminate him.

We have a world of WIFOM ahead of us.

Also, many experienced players consider LyLo to be a flawed policy, with that article obviously only having been touched by its supporters. While that applies more to games with roles that retaliate on death or when targeted, it still remains the case that major_sephiroth may be a townie trying to bait the mafia or a cop/doctor failing massively at being inconspicuous.

Or m_s could be a Goon and Free Beer could be a townie who's right. Or they could both be scum, forcing a day 1 bus to try to clear whichever of them survives.

m_s, I won't blame you for the OMGUS vote on Free Beer, just for reference.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2009, 12:11:27 pm »

firstly, i dont see that your reasoning is flawless. you refuse to accept the possibility of the fallacy of your premises, particularly that as he is being evasive then he is anti-town. i remember getting into a flap about random voting before, but its not a definitive sign of mafia-ness...

additionally, i am going to vote Free Beer for being overly aggressive. you voted for sephiroth several pages ago, and have been gunning for him ever since, jumping on any excuse to lynch him, and refusing the possibility of you being wrong.

You will note that nobody actually made any attempt to argue that I was in fact wrong. Prior to your post, the only person who even suggested it was Pandarsenic, and his only reason is the patently ridiculous theory that I'm rolefishing mafia.

and what are you accusing him of lying about? his role not being powerful? um... well... id kinda want to avert the eyes of the mafia from me too...
sure, maybe he is trying to hide, but that doesnt make him mafia - he could be a doctor or a cop.

If he were the Doctor or the Cop, then I blew his cover a long time ago. There is no point in him trying to hide it now. And yet, hiding is precisely what he is doing.

if im wrong, we can always lynch him when the mafia dont kill him tonight

No. We should lynch him today for being obviously scum.

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 10, 2009, 12:27:12 pm »

I agree with Free Beer, I may regret this but unvote Free Beer and vote Major_Sephiroth

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 10, 2009, 01:14:51 pm »

You will note that nobody actually made any attempt to argue that I was in fact wrong. Prior to your post, the only person who even suggested it was Pandarsenic, and his only reason is the patently ridiculous theory that I'm rolefishing mafia.

No, I'm excited about having found scum for the first time. My reasoning is flawless.

you refuse to accept or acknowledge your possible fallacy - even though it is clearly very possible that you are wrong. this suggests to me that you don't actually think he might be mafia, but are actually trying to influence the town to knock off one of their own.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2009, 03:04:43 pm »

Free Beer, do you even care if we lynch a townie?

I'm at least as suspicious of you as I am of him, mainly since your only grounds for accusing him is about as likely to hit useful town roles.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2009, 04:10:40 pm »

Vote Free Beer. he does not have any reason to be leading a lynch right now other then the fact that some one doesn't want to reveal their role.
Back to Mafia with me!

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2009, 04:52:25 pm »

And I thought being aggressive was bad. I am a regular townie. That is what I mean by not powerful.  If I was mafia I would have alluded to having some sort of power, so a townie would hesitate to lynch me.  Free Beer, you are just going over the top.  If I was the cop, I would have alluded to it to let the doctor (if there is one) know. If I was the doc I would have hid it too.

I now have solid bets on Free Beer being mafia, because he is a little too trigger happy. He also seems to have a vendetta against me. Free Beer, if it is any consolation, I am likely going to be lynched in Vote Mafia because I thought you were remorseful.

Sonerage, don't bandwagon. I am now suspicious of you as well.

Screw OMGUS, vote Free Beer.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2009, 07:31:43 pm »

And I thought being aggressive was bad. I am a regular townie. That is what I mean by not powerful.  If I was mafia I would have alluded to having some sort of power, so a townie would hesitate to lynch me.  Free Beer, you are just going over the top.  If I was the cop, I would have alluded to it to let the doctor (if there is one) know. If I was the doc I would have hid it too.

I now have solid bets on Free Beer being mafia, because he is a little too trigger happy. He also seems to have a vendetta against me. Free Beer, if it is any consolation, I am likely going to be lynched in Vote Mafia because I thought you were remorseful.

Oh, so I'm the one that's trigger happy, when it was you who didn't want to be random voted and ignored any inquiries? Yeah, right. I will refrain from talking about Vote Mafia, since it's an ongoing game.

You claim to be a regular townsperson, and yet you have not provided any sort of account for your suspicious behavior. Furthermore, you provide us with this gem:

This is an obvious attempt to intimidate Sonearage into unvoting. You'll notice I tried to pull similar tricks in Vote Mafia 3, when I was scum. I classify your response as an overreaction. Yeah, you're scum. I'm certain. Your latest post is nothing but an attempt to salvage the situation.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2009, 07:43:39 pm »

Vote Free Beer. he does not have any reason to be leading a lynch right now other then the fact that some one doesn't want to reveal their role.

Diakron, my reason for attacking major_sephiroth is that he acted scummy by going out of his way to avoid answering questions. You will note that my inquiry into his role occurred AFTER I FoS'd him twice.

I'm at least as suspicious of you as I am of him, mainly since your only grounds for accusing him is about as likely to hit useful town roles.

Do you even care about lynching scum, Pandarsenic? Furthermore, now that major_sephiroth has roleclaimed as a townsperson, the defense you presented on his behalf is now void.

No, I'm excited about having found scum for the first time. My reasoning is flawless.

you refuse to accept or acknowledge your possible fallacy - even though it is clearly very possible that you are wrong. this suggests to me that you don't actually think he might be mafia, but are actually trying to influence the town to knock off one of their own.

The only way I could be wrong is if major_sephiroth is indeed a regular townsperson. In that case, the only motive he would have had to behave that way (assuming that he is not just stupid, of course) was if he wanted to bait the mafia into nightkilling him, which after I called him out became a useless proposition. He would have dropped the act shortly thereafter. However, he did not. However, I'm operating under the assumption that the other players are not stupid. You call my argument a fallacy, when it is in fact quite sound.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2009, 08:12:53 pm »

I'm gonna be honest, this whole song-and-dance makes me think we should knock them both off.

Possibilities I see, in order of likelihood:
m_s is a townie or doctor, Free Beer is scum who picked him as an easy lynch, knowing he's bad at defending himself from other games.
m_s and Free Beer are both scum, one will die, the other will seem cleared.
m_s and Free Beer are both town; Free Beer is on crack?
m_s is scum, Free Beer is town and is legitimately onto something.

Either way, I'm fairly certain killing both will yield at least one scum death. Assuming no Doctor or Cop successes, we're no worse by Day 3 than:
D1: 2S to 6T. Result: -1 Scum
N1: 1S to 6T. Result: -1 Townie
D2: 1S to 5T. Result: -1 Townie
N2: 1S to 4T. Result: -1 Townie
D3: 1S to 3T

That's assuming, of course, no Doctor successes and no Cops confirming a second Scum for death.

Fake edit: I'm tired, I'm making sense, right?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2009, 12:34:19 am »

The outside eavesdroppers have all since gone home.  Outside, the only sound to be heard is the symphony of crickets

Current Vote:

Major Sephiroth[2]: Free Beer, Sonearage
Free Beer[4]:Pandarsenic, Twiggie, Diakron, Major Sephiroth
Sonearage[1]:Eduren
Eduren[1]:Org
JetSquirel[1]:Toonyman

No-errors Deadline: Friday, 11th  Noon EST

less than 10 hours left till the end of the day.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 02:21:04 am by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2009, 12:35:48 am »

Free Beer[4]:Pandarsenic, Twiggie, Free Beer, Major Sephiroth
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2009, 12:53:15 am »

he probably meant me...
Back to Mafia with me!

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 11, 2009, 01:06:56 am »

Oh, so I'm the one that's trigger happy, when it was you who didn't want to be random voted and ignored any inquiries? Yeah, right. I will refrain from talking about Vote Mafia, since it's an ongoing game.

You claim to be a regular townsperson, and yet you have not provided any sort of account for your suspicious behavior. Furthermore, you provide us with this gem:

This is an obvious attempt to intimidate Sonearage into unvoting. You'll notice I tried to pull similar tricks in Vote Mafia 3, when I was scum. I classify your response as an overreaction. Yeah, you're scum. I'm certain. Your latest post is nothing but an attempt to salvage the situation.

Diakron, my reason for attacking major_sephiroth is that he acted scummy by going out of his way to avoid answering questions. You will note that my inquiry into his role occurred AFTER I FoS'd him twice.

Do you even care about lynching scum, Pandarsenic? Furthermore, now that major_sephiroth has roleclaimed as a townsperson, the defense you presented on his behalf is now void.

The only way I could be wrong is if major_sephiroth is indeed a regular townsperson. In that case, the only motive he would have had to behave that way (assuming that he is not just stupid, of course) was if he wanted to bait the mafia into nightkilling him, which after I called him out became a useless proposition. He would have dropped the act shortly thereafter. However, he did not. However, I'm operating under the assumption that the other players are not stupid. You call my argument a fallacy, when it is in fact quite sound.

You sir, are an idiot. I'll keep my list of how crap you are organised:
1: Being trigger happy is going out guns blazing, killing all you see, etc. It is NOT avoiding bullets and ignoring enquiries. If I was trigger happy, I would have voted you far earlier than I did.  And when did I ignore an enquiry? If you ask me something, make it obvious so I don't just look over your post as another rant against me.
2: The Sonerage bit. I see that as they are scum, who you bullied into voting for me. They seemed hesitant.  I didn't realise you pulled this 'trick' off. If I was scum, I sure as well wouldn't copy what you did, as it led to failure. If I was trying to intimidate someone, I would do it in alot more words.
3: Here is the evidence of why I am acting suspicious: I'm a paranoid prick. My character is having an influence on this game, it would seem.
4: This one isn't for FB, but for Diakron: I have claimed to be a regular townie, so your argument has to be re-thought.
5: I would say, with conviction, that Pandar is just cautious. The crap that caution is a scumtell is way off. He is (likely) waiting for more evidence before he attacks anyone.  I would have done the same, if you didn't want me dead.
6: I would likely call your argument a fallacy, if I understood a word of it. I looked at the wikipedia page, and sheds no light on it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24