Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 2 - Game over.  (Read 31151 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Beginner's Mafia 2 - Game over.
« on: September 05, 2009, 11:02:14 pm »

special flavor removed: Going to keep it strait for my own sake

So begins another Beginner's Mafia.  We will need at least 8 player that haven't played in a mass of mafias already (a few is fine though) and 1 person that will act as IC.  If there's many more players, I may consider an additional IC. 

sidenote: If you are IC, feel free to play the game like you normally do, but be ready to explain about terms, game theory, and other questions. 

I'd also appreciate it if a few others came in as commentators.  How I envision it: at the start and end of each day, they sent a PM to me telling their views on the game: how everyone looks, and mistakes, ideas on how they would act during the situation.  At the end of the game, the PMs will be posted. 

The Rules:

You may NOT PM to anyone except to me or from one mafia member to another.  Furthermore, ALL discussion about this game, even indirectly, can only occur in this thread.

All votes must be colored red.  To avoid confusion, only use that color when you are voting for someone.  You must also Unvote before you vote for another.  No Lynch votes are allowed.

Days will last for 48 hours or until everyone is voting.  Nights will last 24 hours or until all night roles have been sent to me.  The deadline will be posted regularly and I retain the ability to hurry the deadline for inactivity or extend the deadline if enough request it.  Note that any deadline that falls on a weekend will be pushed back to the following Monday.

Upon deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched.  If there is a tie, there will be no lynch.

Once dead, you may not speak or PM anyone about the game, living or otherwise.  A Dead chat will be made available.

Mafia will be given their own Chat to speak to one another once roles have been sent. 

Bolded sentences can be used to catch my attention.  Italics used by me is flavor and is just there to be interesting.

Lastly, do NOT quote my PM text and do NOT edit your posts (you can double post if you need to)

You can, of course, ask any questions you may have.  Also, if there is enough requests to drop the flavor I'll just play it strait.

Roles: (stolen recklessly from Beginner 1)
  Townsperson: The basic town role. Your goal is to help the town lynch all of the mafia players. You win as long as the town wins.
  Mafia: The basic antagonist role. You and the other Mafia players work together to kill off the townspeople. During the day, you pretend to be normal townspeople and voting on who is to be lynched. During the night, you get to kill one other player. You win once you have greater then or equal to the number of town aligned players.
  Mafia Godfather: Leader of the Mafia. He cannot be detected by the Cop's ability.
  Cop: An honest cop, he may choose one player each night to investigate. He will then learn if that player is Mafia or Town.
  Doctor: The doctor may choose one player each night to protect from the mafia's night kill.

Players:
1. Major_Sephiroth
2. Twiggie
3. Free Beer
4. Sonearage
5. Eduren
6. Diakron
7.Jetsquirrel
8.Org

Possible ICs
9. Pandarsenic
10. Toonyman
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 12:41:21 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 2 - Sign ups
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 01:32:21 am »

Hmmmmm.  I wonder if I count as a beginner now.  I'm pretty ok at Mafia now.  *shrugs*

/in

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 06:40:04 am »

In as my 4th mafia, 3rd forum.

Also, nice avatar Toony.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 08:34:29 am »

in as 3rd or 4th mafia... cant remember now...

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 08:38:35 am »

Idea: have TWO IC's, with one mafia and one town. The sub-game of trying to figure out which is which would alone be quite instructional IMO.

In as this would be my fourth mafia as well.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 09:00:22 am »

SOMEONE CALLED FOR A MATERNAL FIGURE?

*Strikes dramatic pose and joins*
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 10:55:45 am »

Not too sure you'd be a true newbie Toony, but you're in.  Pand, you'll be the IC then.  If I have more than 8 'new' folks I'll let in another IC.

However, they won't be "one town one scum".  That gives an edge on town since they can prove one person once the first is confirmed.  The roles will be randomly set and the ICs encouraged to play to their full power. 

The IC part is sort of a 'separate role'.  They should help the folks explain about the various matters and ideas that come in a game.  That can include theories (like "why are we voting so randomly?  Why is it bad not to post so much? What's WIFMO?  Why are you being so threatening? What's WOT?)  A good IC can do that separately from their 'game face' no matter their role.
I KNEW IT!

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 12:26:20 pm »

in please

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 03:28:18 pm »

Also, nice avatar Toony.
Toony always has awesome avatars.

I guess I'm in on this.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 03:53:08 pm »

I would like to suggest that we strongly limit the number of players, because with too many things are just going to get insane.  The 9-player cap worked well because it forced people to interact and talk a lot.

That said, if I still fit I'm in.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 03:57:47 pm »

Possible ICs
1. Pandarsenic
2. Eduren

I guess I should take it as a compliment, but I really don't think I'm qualified.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 04:14:49 pm »

:P  Alright alright
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 11:28:13 pm »

Should we try advertising this in General Discussion again?

Also, I'm curious, was that a mistake or did you actually think I'd make a good IC?

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 12:02:24 am »

im in if you will have me
Back to Mafia with me!

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 10:58:14 am »

Be warned I have NEVER played Mafia before!

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24