Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 2 - Game over.  (Read 31135 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 2 - WAKE UP! It's Day 1.
« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2009, 12:10:01 pm »

Note: Flavor is slightly based on the conversation but I take all rights to interpret as needed for the story. 

In other words: Don't read anything into it.

The debate began calmly enough; as well as any conversation about who should die could be.  Around mid-day, however, an argument brewed between Major Sephiroth and Free Beer.  Accusations became tense and bitter as the day passed into night.  Finally, Sonaerage silenced the argument with a scream.

"ENOUGH!  It's almost morning! Let's...let's just end it already."

She then slumps into her chair, having used the last of her strength.

Cards are handed out, small and white, where each person is to write one name.  A few shake their heads when a card is handed to them, unable to decide.  Eduren, being one of the undecided-he accepted the card but simply left it blank on a chair-stood up and counted the votes. 

Major Sephiroth[3]: Free Beer, Sonearage, Jetsquirrel
Free Beer[4]:Pandarsenic, Twiggie, Diakron, Major Sephiroth
Eduren[1]:Org
JetSquirel[1]:Toonyman

Major Sephiroth pulled Free Beer up to him by the collar. "Try to kill me scum?  Well look who's killed their last."  The others, not as eager, drag the chosen man away to the town square.

It took too long for the breath to finally leave him.  Too long.  Yet, it was done.  Without a word, each person left the hanging corpse to pick up their things back at the building.  Before they could leave, however, a gasp is heard nearby the center table.  Turning around, everyone runs back to see the source of the panic.  The rush of people meant that finding the one who called out became impossible, but the reason for the gasp became clear.

One of the white cards was left behind.  Instead of a name, two words were written:

You missed.

Free Beer, Townie, has been lynched.

It is now Night 1.  You may not post, PM, or discuss this matter in this or any other forum. 

Night Roles, send me your PMs with your choices. 

The Night will end on Saterday, about 1am EST or when I receive all required PMs. 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 2 - WAKE UP! It's Day 1.
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2009, 10:52:19 pm »

Explanation for the delay: For some reason, I couldn't access the website all day today.  I thought the whole thing was down but, judging from the PMs, I guess it was just me.  Sorry.

In any case...
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 2 - It is now Day 2. Hope you slept well.
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2009, 10:53:16 pm »

No one got any sleep.  Each and every one of the Townspeople stayed up though the few hours remaining in the night.  For most, those hours were spent watching Free Beer's final moments in their mind over and over and over.  When they got ready for the day, it was an emotionless act.  When they entered the building now referred to as the 'headquarters', they all shared a new, sharp emotion: horror.

It is unclear if the rope hung around Eduren neck and tied to the ceiling killed him or the pair of bullet holes to his gut.  What is clear is that he suffered more than the ones in Town Square. 

There was no note, but why would one be needed?  The mafia are not content to kill us.  They want us to suffer; both those they kill and the ones left behind.

This must end, and soon.

Eduren, townie, was killed in the night.

It is now Day 2.  Current deadline: Wednesday 16th, 11am EST
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 11:32:53 pm by dakarian »
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2009, 11:09:02 pm »

I'm still voting JetSquirel guys.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2009, 11:50:03 pm »

any reason for that vote?
Back to Mafia with me!

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2009, 11:55:51 pm »

Free beer has a piont
Unvote Free beer
And vote for Major_Sephiroth
what does happen when there is a tie? they both get lynched?
im not giving reasons because i just cant see them well
and this is also my first mafia game
I'm with Toony because of this.
He doesn't give reasons, and yet votes? Trigger happy, just like Free Beer.  I'm not actually voting yet, but I am very suspicious. Heavily bandwagony as well.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2009, 12:05:06 am »

if you believe so strongly why didn't you vote him? why ask permission unless you are scum?
Back to Mafia with me!

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2009, 01:05:08 am »

I never stated I was strongly against him, now did I?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2009, 03:06:23 am »

now your suddenly ganging against me so i could believe that you both are scum because free beer could have possibly blow your cover away,

I vote for Major_Sephiroth
PS the reason why i cant give a reason is that i am not very good with reading and getting a conclusion out of it

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 13, 2009, 03:54:12 am »

That sir, is worse than an OMGUS vote, it is a pre-emptive OMGUS. OMGUS is oh my god you suck voting, where you vote for someone for no other reason than they voted you. If I was scum, I would at least be more subtle.

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2009, 08:14:43 am »

I am still with Major_ Sephiroth because he is scum, and I know it!

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2009, 08:33:10 am »

I'm voting Major_Sephiroth, in accordance with my earlier statements that I was fairly sure one or both was scum. Seeing that Free Beer was a townie, I'll take a shot at m_s, particularly seeing his behavior today - namely, he's trying to start a bandwagon on Jetsquirrel before one starts on him, but he refuses to "cast the first stone," if you will.

MAFIA THEORY TIME.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Oh_My_God!_You_Suck

I'm of the opinion the OMGUS votes are essentially a null tell (a tell that is essentially meaningless, for the reasons that follow) among the Bay12games crowd.

First problem: Everybody knows it's a scumtell becuase nobody can vote for someone who voted for them without it being mentioned.

Second problem: It's used, if a scum is using it, to bring someone they want dead closer to a lynch. Jetsquirrel, though I agree his lack of reasoning is irritating, is casting m_s's first vote.

Third problem: Because it's so well known, Scum make a point of avoiding it and when someone does OMGUS, if they don't want to look like scum, they have to provide huge amounts of justification.

I'm going to take a look at Jetsquirrel's actions yesterday to see if I may choose him over m_s, but m_s is not really acting very townlike....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2009, 10:23:43 am »

NO FUCKING SHIT MAJOR_SEPHIROTH this is my first mafia game what do you expect to see that im pro? or fucking what?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2009, 10:25:40 am »

MAFIA THEORY TIME.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Oh_My_God!_You_Suck

I'm of the opinion the OMGUS votes are essentially a null tell (a tell that is essentially meaningless, for the reasons that follow) among the Bay12games crowd.

First problem: Everybody knows it's a scumtell becuase nobody can vote for someone who voted for them without it being mentioned.

Second problem: It's used, if a scum is using it, to bring someone they want dead closer to a lynch. Jetsquirrel, though I agree his lack of reasoning is irritating, is casting m_s's first vote.

Third problem: Because it's so well known, Scum make a point of avoiding it and when someone does OMGUS, if they don't want to look like scum, they have to provide huge amounts of justification.

That stuff is all my commentary just for reference.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2009, 10:52:07 am »

quicknote:  The anger is fine: this tends to be an emotional game and all.

But mind calming on the actual swears?  It's less a hard rule and more a sociable thing.

The "While I'm posting" Vote Count:

Jetsquirrel[1]: Toonyman
Major Sephiroth[2]: Jetsquirrel, Pandarsenic

Note 1: Just for tutorial's sake: Whenever you want to cast suspicion on someone but don't want to vote, there's a term for it: Finger of Suspicion, or FOS.  It's not a true vote so you can treat it as you like (bold it.  Don't bold it.. ext..).  It means "You caught my eye and I'd like to shine a spotlight on you."

Note 2: Last reminder, Make sure you use red with a name  or else it won't count as a vote

I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24