Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 3, Need One Replacement!  (Read 22075 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 3, Need One Replacement!
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2009, 05:54:58 am »

No lynch.

Also: I was the one who suggested to convert you ToonyMan. Sorry, my religion.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2009, 06:01:24 am »

Although some pettiness was there, the real reason was simple need: FBI would protect the Dragon, effectively making the merc win impossible.  Even if we turn to banning the Dragon, the FBI would still lose due to not being able to remove the merc. 

After Night 1, the entire game was about deciding who would win and who wouldn't.  Religious Mafia has a VERY awkward set of town strategies: Either try to rig the religious fight to steal your win opportunity OR try to figure out which religion will win and buddy up with them.  Next game will still have that feature, but it'll be much harder for the religion to become cozy with the town.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2009, 06:05:18 am »

No lynch.

Also: I was the one who suggested to convert you ToonyMan. Sorry, my religion.

Why me?

Also, this is the second time my religion has been insanely lucky.  And this is the second Religious Mafia.  :-P

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2009, 06:37:39 am »

My reasoning was that you were the hardest to read and thus the most useful recruit.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2009, 06:52:16 am »

To be true, the lack of townies made recruiting a mess.  There were only 4 available, one pulled a WIFOM, and another was the merc.  The mod wouldn't have been good for you guys either since they wanted 2 out of three of you guys dead. 

Thus out of 7 possible, you had 3 that would kill the evan, 1 that couldn't be recruited, 1 that would be a waste to recruit, and a WIFOM.

I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2009, 10:42:47 am »

Although some pettiness was there, the real reason was simple need: FBI would protect the Dragon, effectively making the merc win impossible.  Even if we turn to banning the Dragon, the FBI would still lose due to not being able to remove the merc.
I know I'm dead, but there's not much I can say now that would change the game.  Basically, as far as I can see, you had a 50-50 choice - either lynch the merc and cheeetar the next day (everyone except Mr.Person and Dragon win) or NK me and cheeetar (everyone except me and Dragon win).  Since either course of action would result in exactly the same thing for you (win by day 4), I guess simple revenge is a good enough motive :P.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2009, 11:26:45 am »

There were a few more paths actually.  I had spotted one that ended up with everyone but frelock and Aira losing and one where just about everyone BUT frelock winning.  After pondering it all I decided against the petti.

Thus it was mostly you win or Person wins.  There really wasn't much to go on except see who helped more.
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2009, 11:54:14 am »

If I win, Mr.Person would lose, and vice versa.  Can't see any way we could both win.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2009, 12:08:10 pm »

How would you have "Everyone but Frelock" wins?

I know of how the mod can win, but it seems you aren't going down that path. How come?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2009, 12:30:34 pm »

Well, it's a little hyperbole.  What I mean is there's a few situations that can occur today that can cause:

Frelock and Person to win
Frelock alone to win
Person and Daikron to win

The first one is where we're heading.  My 'petti revenge' had the second scene.  I found the third while planning the second.  I'll tell the last two AFTER end game. 

All scenes involve a Aria victory, of course.   ;D
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2009, 12:37:42 pm »

Isn't Frelock part of Aria now?  Isn't his win condition now "Aria wins"?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2009, 01:03:58 pm »

Still 'Survive'.  He wins either way actually.  The Evan didn't want to take chances.
I KNEW IT!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2009, 02:06:46 pm »

Yea, sorry about that WIFOM; I didn't read the new rule where any attempt at recruiting ANY power role results in the death of your recruiter. I just saw that there were no zealots, and figured "why not?"

And yes, I'm still agnostic.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2009, 11:09:14 pm »

Cheeetar smirked. "You, Frelock, has found me. Tonight, I'll be killed, but the merc will never kill the truth. I am the Prophet, and the revelations I have received from the Heavens has already been recorded."

Frelock, the Armchair Theologian, posted, "You're taking this well."

Cheeetar laughed. "Of course not."

Mr. Person, the Mercenary hacker laughed. "I don't care about killing the truth, just making cash. Once you die, Cheeetar, I'll have enough money to start up an organization of Atheist Mercs that will wipe out both your religions." Little, the televangelist squirms.

"I might as well reveal everything", said dakarian, "I'm not the Pseudo. That honor goes to Toonyman. Rather, I'm the actual head of the Religion, I'm the E-Evangelist behind this entire purge of heretics!"

Diakron sighs. "As much as I love this forum, I will resign my position as Moderator. I have failed in stopping this flame war by banning the E-Evangelists, and I believe I am no longer fit to run this board now."

Frelock: "So who will run the board now?"

There is silence.

Death chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/dt6mjQKqUVKs
Brotherhood of Dragonfhain: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/CJG6KN6MxmdxM
Nation of Aria: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/6kGZtrmtUsk2E

Mr.Person, Nation of Aria, and Frelock wins. Brotherhood, diakron, and Leafsnail loses.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2009, 11:59:22 pm »

You know, Diakron, if you had been open about your role, you could have won by helping to ban the merc yesterday, and then working with Cheeetar to find and kill Aria's E-evangelist.  It would have been you(2) me(1) leaf(1) and cheetar(1) vs Mr.Person(1) and Aria(3).  Then it would have been you(2) me(1) and cheetar(1) vs aria(3).  Aria would trade their e-evangelist for the win.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14