Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 3, Need One Replacement!  (Read 22094 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 1
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2009, 01:57:20 am »

So, then, I take it you're not a survivor-type, then?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2009, 02:12:13 am »

So, then, I take it you're not a survivor-type, then?

What a strange way to word that. Yes, I am a "survivor-type".
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2009, 02:51:24 am »

Funny, I was asking the opposite of that statement.  Quite simply, I consider myself a member of a religion, I just don't know which one yet.  Joining up with a religion is possibly the safest way to survive, as it allows you to be a part of a group which will look out for your interests (namely, your survival) in return for your loyalty/vote.  The fact that we don't have any zelots in this game makes it all the more useful for a survivor to be a part of a religion, as the religion can't kill off the survivor (I have a feeling that the televan will have other uses for the merc). 

Hence, a survivor hunting for a religious person to lynch makes little sense to me, unless said survivor has been converted already; you may be hurting your future team.  Hence, I implied that you were not a role with "survive" as its goal, possibly a mod.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2009, 07:43:00 am »

survivor type?

I'll go beyond Frelock and declare you either completely missing the point or a liar.

There's been no conversions yet so all agnostics are still unreligious. 

what's more, hunting religious has one VERY dangerous wild card: the televan.  The televan manipulates the merc into hunting religious.  Since Aria only gets 3 shots and is much weaker in the path of conversion, they NEED those 3 shots to off the power roles.  blah, once they hit the prophet they can just convert any ex-agnostics.  It still means the merc may hit a town, but the religion will cringe over it.  Also note that after Day 1, they'll have an investigation to help narrow down their choices.

If you hunt a religious and kill the televan, the merc runs free and becomes desperate.  Now he has to kill all 6 religious power roles to win and lynches don't count.  Go run THAT scenerio in your head and find out just how that would work. 

Beyond all that, you have just about nothing to gain for actively hunting religious since there's no one else ready to kill you.  So long as you don't get lynched, you'll win. 

I'm actively hunting for one big reason: I'm NOT survivor type or the merc.  I won't be hand fed the win so I HAVE to act.  However, I don't want the town killed, so I'll need to be careful. 

You, however, just don't seem to worry about that.  I don't think you're survivor.  I think you're trying to kill actively, and I don't think you're that worried if you mislynch. 

Unvote:  Vote Mr. Person

Perhaps you're a Dragon trying to use the vote to make up for your lack of zealots/televan.  Perhaps you're an anti-religion getting very hostile.  Perhaps you're a survivor that's acting very anti-survivor.

But you're dangerous, whatever you are.  You're putting the rest of the unreligious at heavy risk.  Whether you are nieve or lying, I want you gone.  Who knows.  Perhaps YOU are my target: you're active enough for it. 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2009, 07:46:54 am »

Btw; Mind if I request an extension?  Many people don't log in on the weekend so they'll miss most of the debate if it ends today.

Perhaps late night Monday to let everyone else have a say.
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2009, 11:17:30 am »

Hmhmhm,  let me wait 'till Mr.Person responds.

Day extension?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2009, 11:33:38 am »

Day extension granted. You got until...Tuesday.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2009, 11:34:59 am »

Hmm, so this day will have lasted nearly a week...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2009, 11:40:24 am »

Votes, copied from Leafsnail:

Dakarian: ToonyMan, Kashyyk, Leafsnail [3]
Leafsnail: dakarian [1]
Mr.Person: Pandarsenic [1]

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2009, 11:43:46 am »

Heh, just noticed that I bolded instead of used red.  There's another forum where Bold= vote

Unvote: Vote Mr. Person
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2009, 12:23:55 pm »

So lemme get this straight. You're voting me... for scumhunting. Do I have this right? Have you ever considered I want one religion dead, just because that will end the game faster? Your argument about killing the Televan is silly, the game probably won't even LAST 4 nights, much less 6. As far as I'm concerned, having the Televan dead makes the game faster. At the same time, if I knew who the Televan was, I wouldn't want to lynch that person. Pure and simple, I'd rather try and find the merc or an e-evangalist.

Now, as to your post, Dakarian, I'm not sure about you anymore. I think you're a "survivor-type" role, but I'm also thinking you might just be the Televan. In either case, I think a vote on you is wasted. So yes, I'm not going to vote and I'm going to continue to not vote Dakarian. Well, now that I think about it, I suppose you could be the merc, since he's a "survivor-type" as well. What do the people voting Dakarian think?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2009, 12:27:19 pm »

Well, he has been acting fairly suspiciously, as you pointed out. If I had a second vote it would go on Dakarian as well.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2009, 12:30:42 pm »

So lemme get this straight. You're voting me... for scumhunting. Do I have this right? Have you ever considered I want one religion dead, just because that will end the game faster? Your argument about killing the Televan is silly, the game probably won't even LAST 4 nights, much less 6. As far as I'm concerned, having the Televan dead makes the game faster. At the same time, if I knew who the Televan was, I wouldn't want to lynch that person. Pure and simple, I'd rather try and find the merc or an e-evangalist.

Now, as to your post, Dakarian, I'm not sure about you anymore. I think you're a "survivor-type" role, but I'm also thinking you might just be the Televan. In either case, I think a vote on you is wasted. So yes, I'm not going to vote and I'm going to continue to not vote Dakarian. Well, now that I think about it, I suppose you could be the merc, since he's a "survivor-type" as well. What do the people voting Dakarian think?

Yeah, I think Dakarian is the Merc.  The question is, do we want to ban him?  Sure, he might kill someone the next night, but we should really be aiming for a religion.  More exactly, the Asia religion, they have control of Dakarain, although I believe he can choose to not kill, correct?  So yeah, I'll Unvote for now and read through this again.

FAKE-EDIT:
Well, he has been acting fairly suspiciously, as you pointed out. If I had a second vote it would go on Dakarian as well.

I've just been thinking this, but could it be because of his role?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2009, 12:32:21 pm »

Well, what would make him so jumpy apart from having a role that is bad for the town?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2009, 12:34:15 pm »

Well, what would make him so jumpy apart from having a role that is bad for the town?

Having a role that is bad for town?  Think about it.  You get a role that is a town role, but anti-town.  DO you want the others to know about it?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14