Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 3, Need One Replacement!  (Read 22091 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 1
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2009, 12:40:11 pm »

if it is Anti-town then he will most likely be on his own. This will mean if he gets lynched he will lose. Although you would still win if you were town and you died, if the town won.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2009, 01:13:50 pm »

Yeah, I think Dakarian is the Merc.  The question is, do we want to ban him1?  Sure, he might kill someone the next night, but we should really be aiming for a religion2.  More exactly, the Asia3 religion, they have control of Dakarain, although I believe he can choose to not kill, correct4?  So yeah, I'll Unvote for now and read through this again.
1: Yes.
2: No, we should be choosing one religion to neutralize so we can join the other and *not be dying to a Merc*.
3: Aria. Not Asia.
4: He doesn't win if he doesn't kill.

If I'm not voting Dakarian already, I'll unvote and vote for Dakarian.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2009, 01:26:23 pm »

I'm not sure if taking out the Televan would be a solution to the Merc problem.  After all, once the Televan's gone, the Merc desperately needs religious Power Role kills, and he also needs to stretch out the game as much as possible.  Sure, he's aiming for religious PRs, but he's no better placed to judge who's a PR than any of us.  For this reason, the Merc is a menace.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2009, 01:45:10 pm »

I'm not sure if taking out the Televan would be a solution to the Merc problem.  After all, once the Televan's gone, the Merc desperately needs religious Power Role kills, and he also needs to stretch out the game as much as possible.  Sure, he's aiming for religious PRs, but he's no better placed to judge who's a PR than any of us.  For this reason, the Merc is a menace.

Alright, I see everyone's point.  Dakarian must be banned.  Let's see what happens.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2009, 02:01:49 pm »

Wow, thanks for agreeing with me, Dakarian, but I'm afraid you agree far too strongly.  I can believe that you're not a survivor, but not the merc?  The merc would have every reason for scum-hunting, in case the televan gets killed off.  Either that, or you are a mod, which is dangerous to all religions.  Therefore, I'll hope we have an admin who sees how harmful you could be to his future team, and vote Dikarian.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2009, 02:15:00 pm »

Clarification: The merc does not need to kill Power Roles, just people believing in the religion.

Whoops. Look like I didn't read my own rules. Ignore that. The merc does need to kill Religious Power Roles.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2009, 02:20:26 pm »

When you say "Religious Power Role" must it be one of the three core power roles or can it be, say, a converted Armchair Theologan?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2009, 02:48:09 pm »

The only character that is the most ugly for the town as a whole is the merc.  All other roles are anti-religious. 

The merc can't really scumhunt since a lynch kill of a religious power role does NOT count.  The merc HAS to NK the religious and keep the lynch OFF of them if he doesn't have the Televan. 

As for me.  No, I'm not the merc and I find all this foolish that everyone would think that I am the merc when my play is pretty much the worst merc play you can get.  I'm religious: the Psudo of Aria.  I'm the one who's job it is to figure out who is or isn't religious. 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2009, 02:51:35 pm »

The rules are actually pretty vague on the Merc Hacker. For instance, does he still get paid if he takes a hit the Televan sends him on, even if he hits someone he wouldn't normally get paid to?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2009, 02:56:54 pm »

Hmmm, a desperate ploy to keep from being lynched, or the truth?  I'm actually inclined to believe him, in which case unvote.  If he's not, then the real Psudo will probably tell the televan to kill off dakarian, so I don't think we have to worry too much.  Unless, of course, he is the televan or the Eevagelist for Aria; but in either case we're best to let him be.

And I think the Merc can kill anyone so long as the Televan is paying for it.  I don't think he has to hit a power role then.

Actually, I just realized; if we kill the televan now, the merc automatically loses: he can't kill the required 6 religious power roles in order to win on his own, as they're down to 5, and he can't kill 3 people for the televan, being dead and all.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2009, 03:02:13 pm »

I suppose the televan also has to be careful in who he chooses to ask the Merc to target, as if he chooses the obvious one then the FBI Agent will block him, and the party will be over (even if the players don't believe the FBI and lynch him, they will then find out he really is the Agent, and lynch the merc).

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2009, 06:29:01 pm »

Rules on the merc:

The merc must earn $3000 in order to win.  He only earns that money from night kills.

1. All by himself, the merc earns $500 for each Religious Power Role he kills.  That amounts to having to kill all 6 roles all by himself.  Since lynching doesn't count, he CANNOT let one of them get lynched.  He gains nothing for anyone else: not even converted players.

2. When the Televan is in play, the merc is given commands on who to kill by the Televan (relayed via Host).  The merc CANNOT ignore the command unless it's targetted to himself.  For EVERY kill he makes this way he earns $1000.  The target doesn't matter.  Note that this means we get 3 hits with him before he's gone.  Also note that Aria's win condition is to be stronger than the Dragons, whatever the condition of the town.

3. In either case, if the merc earns $3000, he wins, leaves the game, and causes the FBI to lose.
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2009, 07:13:23 pm »

So I was right about point 2. Ugh.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2009, 07:24:16 pm »

So killing the merc makes the Asia religion have one less power role in all essence.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2009, 08:06:09 pm »

@ Panda

So your view is to neutralize one of the religions and join the other?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14