Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 3, Need One Replacement!  (Read 22087 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 1
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2009, 09:15:54 pm »

1. All by himself, the merc earns $500 for each Religious Power Role he kills.  That amounts to having to kill all 6 roles all by himself.  Since lynching doesn't count, he CANNOT let one of them get lynched.  He gains nothing for anyone else: not even converted players.

You know what? That's a bit...TOO hard...for the Merc. I'm thinking of letting the Merc get $500 for killing any Religious person, Power Role or not. Should this rule change apply for this game though?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2009, 09:30:55 pm »

@ Panda

So your view is to neutralize one of the religions and join the other?
As opposed to what, exactly? Getting recruited to a solid voting bloc is the best way to stay safe. I know you won't waste your recruit on me, since you're going to grab the Armchair Theologian. :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2009, 09:32:02 pm »

@Servant Corps: Next game. It's not good to change rules mid-game.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2009, 09:39:37 pm »

Attempting to step outside of the game for this:

VERY hard to decide.  The merc role is already showing to be a VERY *VERY* big driving force in the game and it is really an anti-religious role.  The change would give him an anti-town tint. 

I'm tempted to say: let it be for now and consider the merc as a role that is dependent on the Televan to win.  Next game we'll tweak him.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2009, 10:38:27 pm »

Alright then. Merc's loss.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2009, 10:43:11 pm »

As opposed to what, exactly? Getting recruited to a solid voting bloc is the best way to stay safe. I know you won't waste your recruit on me, since you're going to grab the Armchair Theologian. :I

1. And what about the 2nd day? You'll still be alive for it after all.

2. You havn't showed very much about who you are.  As you've seen, this isn't a normal mafia.  There are times when you need to hide and times when you need to be more open.  I won't say that you have to be open or closed.  I will say that there's little room to take a chance on a closed player until they open him up.

The Tuesday deadline allows us to think and talk a little more.  This is NOT a game that can rush quickly with a typical 48 hour day. 
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2009, 12:41:32 am »

A few days without a post?   ???

I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2009, 01:59:53 am »

We were gonna vote you, but now we have no idea who to vote for. Personally, since I just want to get somebody else lynched, I'm just going to vote ToonyMan. He's been lurky and jumped onto the Dakarian bandwagon very late.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2009, 02:31:57 am »

You ARE dangerous.  And this is from the religion that holds the night kill.

Who are you?  You claimed 'survivor' but you are in no way acting like one.  You're aggressive, struck at me for not seeming to be merc-focused, and now you're just wanting to kill anyone. You're not scum hunting.  This isn't a normal mafia, after all.

Don't talk like you're "part of the town".  You're in it for your own gain.  I DON'T want 'just anyone killed'.  I want Dragons.  I want my religion to win.  I'll lob my own head off if it means a win for my side.

So I spilled my beans.  I already asked you what your angle is and for that I get bandwagoned.  Now talk:  Who are you?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2009, 02:52:18 am »

You just want me to roleclaim, which is actually quite understandable, considering your position. Sorry sister, I don't play that game. Or, at least, not without everybody else.

Actually, fuck it. Dakarian, I just realized something. The Nation of Aria has a night kill. The other religion doesn't. Thus everybody should do what Dakarian says. What's the other religion going to do, convert us? So? The goal's still survive, why bother with conversion? They can't kill us, Dakarian can. Dakarian (and the rest of his religion) can make us lose. Dakarian, whoever you vote for, I'm voting for. Well, unless it's me, of course, but since I'm pretty sure there will be people who won't go along with this, I strongly suggest against lynching me.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2009, 06:46:06 am »

Meh.  Dangerous to play your game instead of mine.  I havn't concluded that you absolutely aren't Dragon yet.

I will say this though: killing me won't stop the merc.

But fine, how about we test you a bit. 

Unvote, Vote Leafsnail

Yes, THAT one again.  He says he's worried about Aria when it's Aria that keeps the merc from being a crazy random killer to an anti-dragon Vig.  "Psudo could work out targets to kill" is odd.  That should be a GOOD thing, unless you're religious.  Besides, all that goes away once the merc is dead since then NO ONE has a night kill.

And to help show that he's religious hunting, not merc hunting: he posted AFTER my reveal, didn't comment on it, and is still voting for me. 

So Person, if Survive is your only goal, then vote for Leaf.  I believe he might be a Dragon that's willing to let the merc go wild just to kill an Aria.     

Meanwhile: The other two voting for me: Mind declaring instead of trying to play at lurking?  Call me a liar or get that vote OFF OF ME!
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2009, 07:00:23 am »

*Scratches head*

You present a compelling argument, I suppose. I've been thinking about the implications of your claim; while I trust Aria less than Dragonfhain (or however it's spelled), you have the power to end this fight quickly if you can land any two of your three kill opportunities. Since we want this to end quickly, unvote.

Leafsnail it is.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religion Mafia #2---Night 1
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2009, 11:22:17 am »

Calcuating vote totals is hard but...

Leafsnail: dakarian, Pandarsenic
Cheetar: ---
ToonyMan: Mr. Person
Frelock: ---
Little: ---
Pandarsenic: ---
Mr. Person: ToonyMan
Dakarian: Diakron, Leafsnail

It's a tie, so no one gets banned, and the vote totals are cleared. It is now NIGHT 1. Power roles, send in your night actions.

Sorry for the lack of flavor.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 2
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2009, 11:29:59 am »

When you arrive back, you see that neither Pandarsenic nor Kashyyk is on. You check up on 4Chan TV to see if they can tell you more...

"...and tune in next week for our documentary on lolcats. We have just received breaking news. We have received unconfirmed reports that Pandarsenic's computer has been infected with malware, meaning Pandarsenic will not log onto the MichealJackson Fans forum anytime soon. Our investigate reporters found some evidence that "Pandarsenic" is in fact German Mogens, the Brotherhood of Dragonfhain E-Evangelist."

You then see that a new topic has been posted on the forum. Some new guest has posted on the forum a disturbing image: the dead body of Kashyyk. Underneath this picture was a link to some documents proving that Kashyyk was the Sleeper E-Evangelist of the Brotherhood of Dragonfhain. The only text underneath the picture was: "Make sure to wire me the money."

DAY 2 begins. It will end Next Wednesday, assuming no request for an extension.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 2
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2009, 11:33:27 am »

Oh wow, that's just... wow. I'm speechless.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14