Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 11972 times)

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #240 on: September 17, 2009, 03:01:06 pm »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:12:56 pm by Stany »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #241 on: September 17, 2009, 03:11:50 pm »

The only way it could be better is if they had megaphones.
I dunno, they do sometimes have weird stunts.  Like that purple powder.  And the one who randomly stole the Seargant at Arms' mace.

Personally, if I were in the Shadow Cabinet, I'd much prefer to lose the next election.  Sure, you get paid a little more as minister rather than shadow minister, but suddenly you're the one being baited over the dispatches box.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2009, 03:13:56 pm »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:12:21 pm by Stany »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 17, 2009, 03:23:52 pm »

They will win, but a landslide doesn't seem likely.  Sure, Labour have lost a lot of ground, but so have the Conservatives - they've just lost less.  Plus, they're likely to win on the back of a hated Labour government, rather than any enthusiasm for a Conservative government (and their comments on healthcare and public spending seem to be dimishing this by the day).  So it looks like we can look forwards to a government with a much slimmer majority than the current one has.

What does this mean?  Much more arguing.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #244 on: September 17, 2009, 03:26:23 pm »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:11:50 pm by Stany »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 17, 2009, 03:58:31 pm »

Looking at British politics to me seems more and more like looking at a rock and a hard place.  I mean, as much as I think the current government is awful and useless, I'm not sure if that means I'd prefer the fire sale that the conservative government would gleefully engage in when elected.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #246 on: September 17, 2009, 04:02:05 pm »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:10:49 pm by Stany »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2009, 03:32:28 am »

Damn straight. I don't want some bigoted Nazis running England. Unfortunately, the new leaflet they are handing out makes them seem like a good idea to the average person, saying how they will remove immigrants so we will have the jobs we deserve.

If they get into power, i forsee concentration camps within ten years.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2009, 04:27:16 am »

*snrk*

Sounds like V for Vendetta is actually coming true? Just about 10 years late.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2009, 10:15:44 am »

Vote Monster Raving Loony. They'll be just as hopeless at running the country as new labour, but it'll be a lot more fun.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #250 on: September 18, 2009, 11:05:15 am »

It's really funny to see, since it's usually a bunch of doctorates and Ph.D holders or even Nobel prize winners acting not much different from internet Youtube commenters.
this made me rememeber:
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/youtube.png

I cant access the page to find the forum link but if one of you can pm it to or post it yourself it would be cool.

Damn straight. I don't want some bigoted Nazis running England. Unfortunately, the new leaflet they are handing out makes them seem like a good idea to the average person, saying how they will remove immigrants so we will have the jobs we deserve.

If they get into power, i forsee concentration camps within ten years.
Yeah... because inmigrants have the best jobs out there... The jobs every native wants... ::) 

That push of Xenophoby from the authorities everywhere irks me.  They try to blame others for problems caused by their innaction.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 18, 2009, 11:49:07 am »

Luckily, the BNP seem to suffer from Nazi Torrette's Syndrome.  No matter how much they try to remain respectable and moderate their views in order to try and gain some popularity, they always accidentally let their real thoughts through.  For example, party leader and MEP (ugh, pains me even to say it) Nick Griffin said that it would be a good idea to sink the boats of immigrants going to the EU.  Yes, not even turn them around, just sink them.  Funnily enough, he was rebutted with "The EU does not murder people".

Then there was that case of the crowd burning a "gollywog" (a doll, created as a charicature of a black person) and the BNP councillor suggested getting a real one to put on the fire.  If a single member gets a seat in Westminster...

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 25, 2009, 03:46:14 pm »

Oh God, the Bay12 games forums are full of intellectual posers. You know the type.. the ones who talk for hours about astrophysics, quantum mechanics, nuclear fusion, genetic engineering, 4 spatial dimensions but don't actually know anything about it. They just spout fancy sounding facts, only half of which are true, and the other half are empty words.

It makes me wince. Just like it made me wince that time when I saw two computer illiterates argue about how the Internet was a knowledge base, comparing it to libraries, and trying to spout out words like TCP, peer-to-peer, and the wonders of the USB port, compared to a PS/2. The guy is no longer a computer illiterate but I still slam him down when he starts bringing up the names of obscure integrated circuits and compares them to a transistor.

Bonus whine rant... I hate the Sydney weather lately. So dusty. Why can't we have a snowstorm? :(
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 25, 2009, 03:52:04 pm »

4 spatial dimensions

Aaaw, I feel like that was aimed at me.  :(

When I refuse to acknowledge time as the fourth dimension it's largely because I've never had anyone explain it to me in any kind of intelligent way, just people say it is and no-one says why. I realise I know nothing about, I want someone to actually tell me why damn it!
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 25, 2009, 03:52:19 pm »

Just like it made me wince that time when I saw two computer illiterates argue about how the Internet was a knowledge base, comparing it to libraries, and trying to spout out words like TCP, peer-to-peer, and the wonders of the USB port, compared to a PS/2. The guy is no longer a computer illiterate but I still slam him down when he starts bringing up the names of obscure integrated circuits and compares them to a transistor.

I'm not  ashamed to tell you i don't know what ANY of the words in there meant.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18