Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 11986 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2009, 02:15:53 pm »

I don't like music at all unless it is accompanied by a movie or game. Does this mean I have bad taste?
No... it means that you have NO Taste... XD

You're missing your music papillae.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2009, 03:48:50 pm »

Rant against people who rant against people who's music they don't like but are successful.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's fine to say something sucks. It's not so fine to go to a fan club (or a music video site), tell them that it sucks, and hope for a flame war.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2009, 05:08:15 pm »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:59:48 pm by Stany »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2009, 09:45:32 am »

Rant against people who rant against people who's music they don't like but are successful.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The point is that the Jonas brothers don't even write their songs, as far as I know. They certainly don't play their instruments, and chances are their voices are touched up with Studio magic. I don't dislike them because of their success, I dislike them because they got successful on little to no talent, and there are plenty of incredible bands who never made it because they had bad managers or no money. For example, Diamond Head. They should have been one of the big successes of the NWOBHM, but because of very poor management and a few bad decisions, they just vanished.
It's hardly as if I trawl around their youtube videos and post a load of senseless vitriol. I also don't give a damn if loads of people hate my music.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2009, 03:28:31 pm »

I hate the Jonas brothers, not because I've heard any of their music or actually know anything beyond the fact that they're a Disney band, but just because they always look so damn smug.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2009, 03:50:14 pm »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:08:58 pm by Stany »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2009, 03:58:32 pm »

We all know why they're so goddamn smug, because they have hundreds, no, thousands of 16-18 year old girls who want nothing more than to have sex with them and then they go, "no, we're waiting until we're married". Twats.
I didn't actually know that.
They now tick the boxes for unbridled hate now.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 15, 2009, 04:02:43 pm »

Ugh, the chastity rings.  Awful.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2009, 04:09:18 pm »

They are Disney incarnate.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2009, 04:23:32 pm »

Funny thing, imagine them without any money.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2009, 04:42:59 pm »

I'm hesitant to say this, but, prostitutes?

Or junkies looking for acting work.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2009, 04:59:05 pm »

I am angry because I only just figured out what Toonyman's avatar is!

Also I am stuck on one mission Puzzle Quest Galactrix. I have to destroy an enemy ship and the game seems to be horribly biased toward the enemy, it will make moves based purely on the pieces that it knows will slide onto the board (I am convinced of this as it will only ever ignore what seems to you as the player to be a better move if it means that some pieces will slide to reveal that it made the better move) And even if I over come this and almost have it beat all of a sudden on its move an avalanche of mines will come tumbling onto the board and send me from full health down to zero in a single move.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2009, 04:01:48 am »

I HATE HATE HATE all i (whatever) users. Be it the iPod, iPhone, iVibrator, I don't care. If you own one you are, without any doubt, a failure in the basic principles of monetary policy. It doesn't matter how pretty you think the iExtension is, the fact of the matter is that no matter WHAT you reason. No matter WHAT your budget. No matter whatever. You can get something better that would suit your needs (other than just pretentiousness... like driving a hybrid car) than an iWank.

iWhatever users. You're all, universally, complete failures. Don't ever come near me. You're probably the kind of person who thinks you're doing the environment a favor when you switch to a hybrid / electric car when the total energy consumed from the production of that car including the total energy those cars actually use exceeds that of a regular gas guzzler or that the world is a better place when you give to international aid foundations not realizing that over 80% of that money will go into bribes paid to warlords and dictators. Or vegans who don't realize that more animals are killed from grain harvesting or soybean cultivation than from pasture management. Posers. Worms. Cowards all. Don't infect me with your monotone and simpleton thought processes. If you want to be sheep, go ahead, but expect me to laugh at you when you wonder why you never progress anywhere in life.

I think Mac users are fine though. There are certainly good reasons to switch to a Mac. Just talking about the other "i" line of products like the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPod, etc.

I also hate HATE HATE HATE HATE people who constantly state the obvious. Argh, bloody dipshits have the permanent mindset of a three-year-old. "Oh, you're drinking milk now." "Hey, you're playing Guitar Hero." "No, humans need more than water, oxygen, and food to live." No shit? Any other sparkling pearls of wisdom you would like to spread? Would you like to state how big of a douchebag you are? It would give you a combo bonus multiplier. You don't pretend to be smart by saying things EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY KNOWS. I don't need you to point out that my sentence was a bloody sexual innuendo. Everyone knows my goddamn sentence was a sexual innuendo. I don't need you to point out that my plan to have a giant orbital satellite launch a giant fishing hook to pull people into space via their nipples is unfeasible because no one would pay for it. Of course no one would pay for it, you moron. Shut the hell up and lock yourself inside your room and starve yourself to death for all our sakes.

I also HATE people who act like I don't know what they're talking about like it's some super secret thing only idiots like them know about. Dude. I read Shakespeare. Everyone has read goddamn Shakespeare. I don't need your high-handed righteousness to explain to me the joke you made about holding that goddamn skull in your hand because every-fricking-body knows what it means. I'm not a child. I'm probably older than you. I have a fucking 3.9 GPA in one of the top business schools in the world who travelled halfway across the goddamn globe by himself right after graduating from a Christian high school in an Islamic country with only a backpack with clothes inside to stay in your goddamn frigging ice cube of a country and my capability in my goddamn second language, English, is better than 95% of your whole goddamn population. I know what that stupid reference of yours is.

*breathe*

*breathe*

I feel a lot better now. Please ignore everything I said. If I held that in any longer, I would have exploded.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2009, 04:10:30 am »

Wow that post was long... I had to stop part of the way through to play with my Iphone.

The joke here in case you don't get it is that I am responding to your rant by doing the things that you ranted about, even now.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2009, 04:15:05 am »

I too own an iPod touch. Really, I wouldn't dream of buying one, far too much, it was a gift. Still, if I had the money I would. It looks cool and works well and I like to think I don't have to always base my purchases on something being efficient and can buy something simply because it's cool every now and then.

Still, that's vanity speaking.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18