Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 12023 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2009, 12:30:20 pm »

Haha wow, there was one kid in my chemistry class who we would piss of by telling him he would end up going to Hull university any time he screwed up.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2009, 12:37:54 pm »

Be careful who you try this with... Because I wouldn't doubt telling you that smoking is bad. Punching me or attempting to hurt me in any way would be a bad move.  As I said, violence doesn't solve problems.  It creates them.

If someone told me that it would be a bad move to punch them, because violence doesn't solve anything, I'd punch them. Hard. Let's see who it causes problems for, and whether they'd just sit down and take it.

I find that annoying.. there's a lot of people who say all sorts of philosophical statements, but wouldn't do it. It's hypocritical.

"You need to jog more" is something a fat person would say. I'm too skinny, so I'm not going to waste my energy.
"You need to relax" is something someone with no life would say.
"You need to work harder" is something someone who doesn't have anything to do would say.
"You need to go out and see the sights" is something someone with too much money would say. I spend my money on education, not on walking around and taking pictures to show on Facebook.
"You need to motivate yourself" is something a worthless motivational person would say. Yes, middle managers, I mean you. I don't see why motivational consultants don't get the same pay as janitors.. they do the same work.. clean up the excess trash that everyone else is too busy to do. Except that janitors don't litter to pretend to do work.

"You need to sleep less" is IMO, the most stupid piece of common advice ever. Sleep is mental recovery, just as eating is physical recovery. Anyone who doesn't get sleepy is not thinking enough. "I spent the whole night studying" should often be followed by "..and I didn't learn anything", but people just don't get the point.

Yes, I'm in a cranky mood today because everyone around me are assholes who like shoving their so-called advice where it doesn't work. So, that was today's rant.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2009, 12:40:16 pm »

Hey Jakkarra/Maggarg, which side of Yorkshire does the pudding come from?

(There was more pointless ranting about cigarettes here but I deleted it. Take that, rant thread!)

Also, Muz, you need to cheer up  ;)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2009, 12:41:34 pm »

If someone told me that it would be a bad move to punch them, because violence doesn't solve anything, I'd punch them. Hard. Let's see who it causes problems for, and whether they'd just sit down and take it.
No, that's the correct response if someone says violence is the answer to everything.  If you do that, it's a clever and ironic statement.  If you punch someone who doesn't want to fight that's just a pointless assault.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2009, 12:52:10 pm »

I dislike violence.

But i will defend my personal self.

AAAAANYWAY!

It comes from Pudsey, yorkshire pudding. not anywhere else in the freaky-deaky other places. PUDSEY I SAY!

also. Leafsnail just server you! BITCH!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2009, 12:54:53 pm »

Hah, I don't get pissed off much.. but I launch into a rant if I do. You'd be cranky too if you've been spending the last 6 days doing crap for other people who could do it themselves, and then think they're helping me by giving me support. It's like spending my free time and money cooking for homeless people, and some homeless person who got fired from her job for being a bad cook decides to give me tips on how to cook (or some better analogy).

I'm just taking the oppurtunity to rant here, because I have something to rant about :P

No, that's the correct response if someone says violence is the answer to everything.  If you do that, it's a clever and ironic statement.  If you punch someone who doesn't want to fight that's just a pointless assault.

I was just sort of saying that because Alexhans worded his sentence in a way that it wouldn't end well if I did so. And it wouldn't because he could just call the cops after that and he'd be proven right, in that it causes everyone problems.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2009, 01:02:20 pm »

sigh... this is the rant thread after all...

I'll refrain all further comments about fighting seeing there's very little chance of meeting one another.

But, if you are more powerful, strong, whatever than the other person... how is it fair for you to impose yourself violently?  Remember, there's always someone out there who is stronger than you.  That's why, even if you can beat the crap out of the other guy... it's pointless and also sad to do so.

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2009, 01:11:38 pm »

RANT GUYS! RANT!!!!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2009, 01:19:15 pm »

Jakkarra is too loud and keeps on trying to give my character a seizure.
Not quite a rant,and not quite everything I want to say but I had to say it.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2009, 01:25:27 pm »

I'm his AWESOMESAUCE gland. I can't help it.

Also, it fits mah character.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2009, 01:26:27 pm »

Don't take it personally, Alexhans :P Violence has been a successful solution to a lot of problems. It's so successful in fact, that a massive % of the world has a career devoted to it. You can't exactly say it doesn't solve anything when there are dozens of martial arts schools, millions of police officers, and probably over a billion people in the violence national defense sector. Not to mention that history teaches us that there have been people who have eternal fame, fortune, and empires from violence uniting a nation/liberating a country.

Also, the threat of violence is what really keeps a lot of people from beating up another person. I could punch the nearest person right now in a tantrum, but then 30 guys would beat me unconscious in no time.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2009, 01:34:06 pm »

Thirty? how did you arrive at that figure?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2009, 01:37:38 pm »

Thirty? how did you arrive at that figure?

Simulation. By that, I mean Dwarf Fortress.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2009, 01:40:00 pm »

I thought as such.

also, Don't attack people randomly. it makes people dislike you.

you don't want to go on the LIST do you?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2009, 01:59:08 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: The ONLY forum with threads discussing whether or not it's okay to randomly beat people up!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18