Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 12028 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2009, 11:58:37 am »

I don't like how shower heads are placed so low either. I have to kneel down, or sit if I want to get anything above my neck wet.

Oh god don't get me started.  My dad is just as tall as me (A little taller) and my brother is about my height, so our house is like... designed for giants.  Our furniture is HUGE and our shower head is HIGH UP, damn it!

Still though, whenever I use other showers it's just... so annoying.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2009, 12:00:25 pm »

I don't like how shower heads are placed so low either. I have to kneel down, or sit if I want to get anything above my neck wet.
I feel your pain.

Hey, i don't live anywhere particularly warm (northern england).

I live in the north.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2009, 12:03:05 pm »

Oh do you now?

What Province, matey boy?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2009, 04:15:13 pm »

There are advantages and disadvantages of being tall and looking old.  As one advantage, I was able to see 15 movies without question when I was 13.  As one disadvantage in a similar vein, I'm now asked for my passport whenever trying to travel on a child's ticket at the train station (damnit, I AM 15!).

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2009, 04:21:15 pm »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:54:50 pm by Stany »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2009, 04:31:26 pm »

There are advantages and disadvantages of being tall and looking old.  As one advantage, I was able to see 15 movies without question when I was 13.  As one disadvantage in a similar vein, I'm now asked for my passport whenever trying to travel on a child's ticket at the train station (damnit, I AM 15!).

I'm tiny. They card me all the time when I try to get into a bar. I don't like being short.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2009, 04:39:54 pm »

I dunno, the train ticket thing is just annoying since a child gets over 90% off their ticket :P.

Guess I shouldn't have a problem in bars though.  Hell, if I didn't shave for a couple of weeks, I might be able to get in now.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2009, 06:08:06 pm »

Ha, at six foot four, people mistake me for someone much older. I sort of feel your pain, except I love it

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2009, 06:12:47 pm »

I'm tiny. They card me all the time when I try to get into a bar. I don't like being short.

Is the drinking age 21 over there?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2009, 06:17:55 pm »

I look like an older guy that looks young. I'm not sure how that works. People think I'm older than I am and say I look like I could be younger than I am.

My height is average. I have no interest in most 18+ things, so no real problem there. Not like I have a drivers license or permit. Let me tell you, insurance rates suck for teenagers for obvious reasons.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2009, 06:48:47 pm »

Really short people go up to my waist.  It's ridiculous.  I keep thinking I am going to step on one.   :-\
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2009, 06:50:02 pm »

I'm 5' 7"ish, 17, slightly slim, and occasionally come into school with a face mildly in need of shaving, with "12" (for 12th grade) on my school ID, and yet people have trouble believing that I'm a senior in high school.  A lot think I'm either a sophomore or a junior, but some actually think "freshman."  It bothers me.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2009, 07:11:56 pm »

Is the drinking age 21 over there?

It's 18. :D

I was actually surprised to find that it was 21 in America.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2009, 07:19:21 pm »

Drinking age is 21 here because seniors in high school are retarded and buy tons of alcohol for their freshmen/sophomore/junior friends, who then go drive cars into trees.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2009, 07:22:59 pm »

Ah.

We don't tend to drink and drive. :D

Most of the high-schoolers don't drive, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18