Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 11971 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 02:46:08 am »

No, you fool! If such a thing comes to pass, the postal service as we know it shall be DOOOOOOOMED!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 02:57:23 am »

The definition of a non-sequitur.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 02:58:35 am »

What? The entire population doesn't read Pratchett? Obviously exterminatus is required.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 03:11:09 am »

Or the passing out of free books..... nah, I like that "Scour all life from the surface" option better.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 03:25:55 am »

Why scour all life from the surface by shooting books at them?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 03:29:22 am »

Why not?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 03:31:45 am »

Bleah, that's what I meant to say, I meant to imply we SHOULD do so. That's what I get for posting at 1:30.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 03:33:35 am »

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to purchase any propaganda you have on hand.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 09:43:23 am »

We could use a wheel based on that circle in a mail sorting machine, it could increase productivity a hundredfold!
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2009, 01:20:17 pm »

Every single thread on this forum quickly derails into one or two posters posting *hilarious stuff* about dwarfs, exterminatus, or whatever else for several pages. Toady needs to get moderators. or at least janitors.

Looks real unprofessional guys.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2009, 01:28:58 pm »

Take a Chill pill, Maaaaaaan.

Mellow ouuuut.

The Colours....

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2009, 01:39:09 pm »

Every single thread on this forum quickly derails into one or two posters posting *hilarious stuff* about lovecraft, warhammer or whatever else for several pages. Toady needs to get moderators. or at least janitors.

Looks real unprofessional guys.

This seems more accurate from my perspective.

Also, addressing the actual post, most of us are not professional forum posters. How would I go about becoming one?

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2009, 01:44:06 pm »

I meant it makes Toady look unprofessional, because he has a sloppy website.

Imagine being a programmer, and you live off of donations from people. Now your website is 4chan.

How much money is that really going to generate? Not as much as if the forum was semi-classy and could stay on topic for at least 2 pages, that's for sure.

(also, removing the random bigotry that occurs in threads would be cool. It's pretty tiring reading a thread in the suggestions forums about guilds and suddenly someone cracks out the "fucking americans and christians are retarded. kill em all".)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2009, 01:52:43 pm »

fucking americans and christians are retarded. kill em all
Barely if ever seems to happen.  It seems far more usual for the Japanese to be the targets of such racism...

Imagine being a programmer, and you live off of donations from people. Now your website is 4chan.
Well, it's not, that's the thing.  Threads do sometimes leave their topics, but there has been far less super weird stuff since the fall of VN.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 04:11:42 pm »

Well, this is a rant thread, so it's not going to get derailed but if this continues someone is going to get banned. So I'm not putting any view on the subject matter forth but this: stop. This will not lead anywhere good. If you don't like the place, we won't object to you leaving.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18