Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Your favorite god.  (Read 41594 times)

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite god.
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2009, 05:13:41 pm »

"TREMBLE BEFORE ME, MORTALS! I COME TO BRING CRAVEN PLEASURES TO YOUR UNWORTHY SOULS."

"What is your name, oh well-endowed master?"

"...Dan. Dan the Hag."

"Lol."

What's also interesting to me is the fact that the civ name is the Guild of Blocking.  It seems to me that they are some sort of secret organization, going around the world, and causing inopportune moments when two dwarves try to get it on, in order to prevent this god from doing his dirty work!

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2009, 06:56:50 pm »

Where do you see Gods?

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2009, 11:15:45 pm »

Where do you see Gods?
Legends mode, or you can check a dwarf's relationship screen to see who he or she worships.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2009, 01:56:40 am »

My current world has this, which I find quite appropriate to add here.
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2009, 04:47:03 am »

My current world has this, which I find quite appropriate to add here.

Oh no! She's coming back to kill us all! The maadneeessss!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2009, 09:59:19 pm »

I currently have a least favourite god.

In my sandy, treeless, waterless desert of no-return, I have one god whom I hate very much. Very, very much. His name is Gigin Virabal, or Gigin Starpale. Gigin most often takes the form of a male monarch butterfly and is associated with the sky and rainbows. About 20% of my fort worships this god.

Thankfully, the rest of them worship normal gods (mountains and minerals and stuff), and a few even worship a god of nightmares, disease and decay. I'd like to think that the demon-gods are here to counterbalance Gigin's elfliness.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2009, 10:19:59 pm »

you know that the twenty percent that worship the butterfly have simply cracked from the heat, and gone dellusional, give em a good beer and they will be back to their melancholy selves.
Nom nom nom

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2009, 10:32:29 pm »

you know that the twenty percent that worship the butterfly have simply cracked from the heat, and gone dellusional, give em a good beer and they will be back to their melancholy selves.

Oh, yeah. A ROUND OF BEER FOR EVER-- What do you mean we have a booze shortage? ... F*ck.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2009, 10:52:01 pm »

My favorite God is the very god that has been only seen once these forums.

Kurtalmak, GOD OF KOBOLDS!!!

The god Urist's association is very fitting, Urist means knife, and revenge is usually done by assasianation and females are prone to all-out grudges.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 11:26:04 pm by Foa »

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2009, 02:08:20 am »

Had a god once called Bembul Spraylarge: Cave spider goddess of coasts, nature, rain, storms, thunder and lightning.

STORM SPIDER. I shoulda saved that world.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2009, 06:53:35 am »

Storm spider?  What fun! Spraylarge?...a storm of webs?
My favorite God is the very god that has been only seen once these forums.

Kurtalmak, GOD OF KOBOLDS!!!

The god Urist's association is very fitting, Urist means knife, and revenge is usually done by assassination and females are prone to all-out grudges.
Yay kobolds!...-,,-

"That? That's not an Urist. THIS is an Urist!"
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Halceon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:vile machinations]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2009, 10:36:44 am »

I've been genning a lot of worlds lately looking for a particular sort of site (and having no luck) so I've run into some really good gods.  The coolest I've found so far is Kashi, a firefly god of a human civilization.  I'm too lazy to post the screenie I took, but it reads:  Kashi was most often depicted as a male firefly and was associated with nightmares, dreams, the night, the stars, the sky, the moon, misery and torture.  That's one badass firefly if you ask me.  I actually plan to use it in a story I write in the future.

Just be sure to rename your god Serenity and have a small group of devout followers, including two champions, a mechanic, an elite marksman, a legendary comedian, an animal caretaker/record keeper, an alchemist and a female dwarf child with a constant strange mood.
I'm looking for your fort, maybe. Find out - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124606.0
ág sôd onol nekik
edir thol, kor egar
    berdan kälán
    alod kodor
absam abal aroth limul

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2009, 12:10:08 pm »

I've been genning a lot of worlds lately looking for a particular sort of site (and having no luck) so I've run into some really good gods.  The coolest I've found so far is Kashi, a firefly god of a human civilization.  I'm too lazy to post the screenie I took, but it reads:  Kashi was most often depicted as a male firefly and was associated with nightmares, dreams, the night, the stars, the sky, the moon, misery and torture.  That's one badass firefly if you ask me.  I actually plan to use it in a story I write in the future.
Just be sure to rename your god Serenity and have a small group of devout followers, including two champions, a mechanic, an elite marksman, a legendary comedian, an animal caretaker/record keeper, an alchemist and a female dwarf child with a constant strange mood.

OH YOU

Halceon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:vile machinations]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2009, 12:52:20 pm »

Gorram! Now i've tempted myself to start up just such a fort with a crew of big damn heroes.
I'm looking for your fort, maybe. Find out - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124606.0
ág sôd onol nekik
edir thol, kor egar
    berdan kälán
    alod kodor
absam abal aroth limul

CaptainNitpick

• Bay Watcher
  • [FINDS_FLAWS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2009, 08:34:04 pm »

Gorram! Now i've tempted myself to start up just such a fort with a crew of big damn heroes.

Be sure to start it on an ocean site with vegetation so you can "burn the land and boil the sea". I also suggest putting your fortress on a pillar at max-Z so you can tell invaders they can't take the sky from you.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16