Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Your favorite god.  (Read 41602 times)

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite god.
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2010, 04:13:30 am »

Reg Gostarros "Reg Archthrown"

Reg Archthrone is a deity of the cooperative wip. Reg often takes the form of a skeletal male dwarf and is associated with suicide, death, war and fortresses.

And who worships such a mighty god?

Why a child from my first immigration wave of course. I picture him as some kind of angsty gothic pre-teen dwarf who mopes around my hallways all day. Probably destined for a macabre mood.
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2010, 04:46:37 pm »

Orshar the Mysterious Veil of Hoods;  a god of the stars.  I'm a bit bothered by the fact that so many of my dwarfs worship him.  After all, when are they ever going to see the stars?
However, if my fort gets a lot of worshipers of him, I think I'll build them a temple that goes to the highest possible Z-Level, to look at the stars... or they'll die trying.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Chaos341

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2010, 06:45:03 pm »

Holy crap this one is awesome.
Urist is a deity of The Defensive Armors Urist most often takes the form of a male dwarf and is associated with revenge.

Boatmurdered

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2010, 09:14:01 am »

Sheced the Love of Lovers, who is depicted as a male dwarf. What is he the god of? Pregnancy.

My dwarves have a god for getting women pregnant being pregnant.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 09:56:40 am by Boatmurdered »
I think this is where the DF-players-are-Hitler jokes go from being just jokes to still jokes but lose some of their irony.

Still. Someone has to open up a chain of McUrist's sooner or later.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2010, 09:21:09 am »

Sheced the Love of Lovers, who is depicted as a male dwarf. What is he the god of? Pregnancy.

My dwarves have a god for getting women pregnant.

... You know, I find it odd that people think it strange or awesome that there would be such a thing as a male fertility god
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Boatmurdered

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2010, 09:51:57 am »

... You know, I find it odd that people think it strange or awesome that there would be such a thing as a male fertility god
There's a difference between fertility and pregnancy you know.
Fertility -> Getting pregnant, or impregnating
Pregnancy -> Being pregnant

Looking back, I had it wrong. The god my dwarves have is associated with pregnancy, so its the period during which the dwarf is pregnant that Sheced rules over. Given that, it does strike me as odd that a male dwarf would be associated with carrying the unborn dwarf and all.

Also, I'm quite aware of male fertility gods :P
I think this is where the DF-players-are-Hitler jokes go from being just jokes to still jokes but lose some of their irony.

Still. Someone has to open up a chain of McUrist's sooner or later.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2010, 12:29:56 pm »

Oh, well, I guess he's the god that goes out in a midnight shopping run to buy pickle-flavored ice cream, then.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Foul Blendec

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2010, 08:03:38 pm »

Two I've run across recently:

Z god the Ace of Kings, deity: fortresses, war, death, suicide

and

Zon the Buttery Breakfast, deity: minerals, metals, crafts, labor (god of biscuits?)

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2010, 08:48:05 pm »

I've been genning a lot of worlds lately looking for a particular sort of site (and having no luck) so I've run into some really good gods.  The coolest I've found so far is Kashi, a firefly god of a human civilization.  I'm too lazy to post the screenie I took, but it reads:  Kashi was most often depicted as a male firefly and was associated with nightmares, dreams, the night, the stars, the sky, the moon, misery and torture.  That's one badass firefly if you ask me.  I actually plan to use it in a story I write in the future.

Just be sure to rename your god Serenity and have a small group of devout followers, including two champions, a mechanic, an elite marksman, a legendary comedian, an animal caretaker/record keeper, an alchemist and a female dwarf child with a constant strange mood.

i don't get it....?
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 23, 2010, 09:12:52 pm »

I've been genning a lot of worlds lately looking for a particular sort of site (and having no luck) so I've run into some really good gods.  The coolest I've found so far is Kashi, a firefly god of a human civilization.  I'm too lazy to post the screenie I took, but it reads:  Kashi was most often depicted as a male firefly and was associated with nightmares, dreams, the night, the stars, the sky, the moon, misery and torture.  That's one badass firefly if you ask me.  I actually plan to use it in a story I write in the future.

Just be sure to rename your god Serenity and have a small group of devout followers, including two champions, a mechanic, an elite marksman, a legendary comedian, an animal caretaker/record keeper, an alchemist and a female dwarf child with a constant strange mood.

i don't get it....?

It's a joke about Firefly, where the ship was named "Serenity" (and was also the name of the movie).  The rest are the crew.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2010, 07:05:51 am »

One of the most schizophrenic gods I've seen.

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2010, 07:25:21 am »

So he's the patron of mime parties.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 25, 2010, 07:27:37 am »

One of the most schizophrenic gods I've seen.

So he's the patron of mime parties.

No, it's the deity of Interpretive Dance - RUN!
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Dwarven WMD

• Bay Watcher
  • Amateur Aspiring Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 29, 2010, 05:53:09 pm »

Oh, well, I guess he's the god that goes out in a midnight shopping run to buy pickle-flavored ice cream, then.
That actually exists. There's an ice cream shop near my house that has every flavor you can think of.

Would someone like to tell me what the hell Salad Ice Cream exists for? Who eats that?
The Russian throws Steiner into a chair, screaming "I do not care about genetic research!"
The Russian pulls out a M1911!
The Russian screams "I am Viktor Reznov! And I, will, have, my, REVENGE!"
The Russian shoots Steiner between the eyes.
The Russian loses juice.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 29, 2010, 05:53:55 pm »

That actually exists. There's an ice cream shop near my house that has every flavor you can think of.

Would someone like to tell me what the hell Salad Ice Cream exists for? Who eats that?
Really stupid vegetarians.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16