Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Your favorite god.  (Read 41595 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite god.
« Reply #195 on: March 04, 2010, 05:12:43 pm »

How about an entire pantheon?

Code: [Select]
The Perfect Nations - Human
Zitha the Putrid Spurts Skeletal Female Human Disease
Caspa the Directions of Driving Female Human Sun, Dawn
Posa Willfulgleam Female Human Day, Light, Rainbows, Rain, Lightning
Bikdá Rabbitsprang Male Human Moon, Fire, Metals, Crafts, Creation, Pregnancy, Children, Family
Hoth the Smear of Floods Female Human Torture, Misery
Vicu Apesitch Female Human Muck
Jalew Diamondglitter the Satiny Tactics Female Human Beauty, Gambling, Luck, Games
Kasat Female Human Revelry

In my world, Bikdá Rabbidsprang is the one who has the most spheres. I like to imagine that The Perfect Nations is polygamous society, and the men rule all while having an harem of women.

And Caspa the Directions of Driving is the ultimate backseat driver :P

I like how there are two seperate deities for sun (and dawn) and another for day.

Of course, having a harem might not be all that cool when you have a skeletal wife of disease, and another wife who is goddess of nothing but "muck", and to top it all off, another of "torture" and "misery".
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 04, 2010, 06:48:13 pm »

I like to think that when a god has a sphere that's out of place, it's part of a myth, like how Zeus would be associated with thunder, lightning, storms, and lust.

I mean, that guy got around!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2010, 09:52:11 pm »

WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?!

A titan just rampaged on my map... straight into my waiting cage traps.  Before she walked into it, however, I took a looksie at her histories, and it turns out that she's actually worshipped by some humans as a goddess!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm going to chain her up behind a little moat in my great hall, like King Kong!  (What could go Fun?)
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 04, 2010, 11:32:29 pm »

THE LAST TWO ARE ELVES! BURN THEM!
I'll need plans for a megaproject if I'm going to set a dwarf god and goddess on fire.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2010, 06:11:49 pm »

In my world, Bikdá Rabbitsprang is the one who has the most spheres. I like to imagine that The Perfect Nations is polygamous society,
Rabbitsprang indeed.

Of course, having a harem might not be all that cool when you have a skeletal wife of disease, and another wife who is goddess of nothing but "muck",
Hint: Mud + unarmed = ?
I'm going to chain her up behind a little moat in my great hall, like King Kong!  (What could go Fun?)
Use Ropes. :3c It'll be Fun.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2010, 07:54:18 pm »

and your dwarves arn't gonna be distracted by the GIANT NAKED WOMEN CHAINED BEHIND THE HALL!!!!!
Nom nom nom

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 05, 2010, 08:06:59 pm »

I'm...pretty sure it'll increase dinin' room 'alue. And you know about Le'endary Dinin' Rooms.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 05, 2010, 10:33:15 pm »

I'm...pretty sure it'll increase dinin' room 'alue. And you know about Le'endary Dinin' Rooms.
"My wife had her head chopped off and our only child fell into a pit of molten magma...but this table is AMAZING!! What was I upset about again? Eh, screw it, I'm getting a drink."

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 05, 2010, 10:41:27 pm »

"My wife had her head chopped off and our only child fell into a pit of molten magma...but this table is AMAZING!! What was I upset about again? Eh, screw it, I'm getting a drink."

Actually, I think the "value" of looking at a chained-up giant naked woman might have more to do with them getting distracted than the table...  Although that IS a superior quality chalk table.  Wait, is that studded with GREEN GLASS?  Look how well it's been studded, as well!
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 05, 2010, 10:43:12 pm »

Actually, I think the "value" of looking at a chained-up giant naked woman might have more to do with them getting distracted than the table...  Although that IS a superior quality chalk table.  Wait, is that studded with GREEN GLASS?  Look how well it's been studded, as well!
And this cat meat roast! This cat meat roast!

THIS CAT MEAT ROAST IS DELICIOUS!!

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 05, 2010, 10:44:40 pm »

By Armok's bloody bootprints!  This sunshine!  It's positively DECADANT!

edit: (And is it just the 7 gallons of sunshine, or does that titan look alot like a really hot dwarf if you sit far enough away?)
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 05, 2010, 10:47:26 pm »

edit: (And is it just the 7 gallons of sunshine, or does that titan look alot like a really hot dwarf if you sit far enough away?)
Holy Armok, you're totally right.

'Ey, 'ey! Get Urist o'er 'ere! He'd love this!

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 05, 2010, 10:54:38 pm »

Holy Armok, you're totally right.

'Ey, 'ey! Get Urist o'er 'ere! He'd love this!

NW_Kohaku cancels post: Crushed by quote cascade.

Oi! Forget this "far away" nonsense, I wanna see if she's hot up close! 

*hefts a new keg... looks up, thinks about it... takes a second keg with him, totters over, goes past the moat's drawbridge, and walks up to the titan*

"Hey, baby... You know, I lost my wife today." *wink*
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2010, 11:00:49 pm »

Blackburn cancels Fetch Urist: Kicking back and watching fireworks

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 05, 2010, 11:29:20 pm »

"You know, a theoretically infinite number of creatures, regardless of creature size, can fit 'on top of' - or rather, located within the same tile as - my bed, so I was thinki--"

NW_Kohaku cancels pickup line: Head squished between titan's right foot, big toe, and right foot, second toe.
NW_Kohaku's advances have been struck down.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16