Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Ye gods RTD Turn four  (Read 8136 times)

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye gods RTD Turn two
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2009, 01:06:25 pm »

TURN 3: We got the key!

tell him dead man have no uses for keys and that my goddess is eager to please me... Did i mentions she a goddess of Fire AND Ice?
You threaten him and (2) fail to even make him flinch
"On your words alone we would be fools to accept 1000, but if you were willing to accompany us..."
I try to piece together the outline of the key from what is left of my glove.
(1) you only manage to tear up your glove even more
...i will calmly state he is bugging me. and mention my god.
i will also inform him that giving me everything he owns will make him much less bothersome.
and i guess i will put 125 gold in for the key if that fails. like it probably will.
and the price is now 930
You threaten him with your god and (8) frighten him so much that he gives you the key and runs out of the tavern. Gained Novice Persuasion!
I will ask random people upstairs what they know about the man selling the key.
You ask people what they know about him (2) but fail to get any information.
It seems he took my 200 gold, however if he doesn't reduce the price, i only want to give 117 gold, considering thats how much everyone has to pay. I'll also start reading my tome of light.
You read your tome of light (6) your left hand glows and turns into (6) light.
(Use of your left hand lost. You can navigate dark places with no torch)
Gained Novice Light Magic!
I will ask people upstairs if they know any good fishing spots.
(2) No one answers
I calmly ask the old man how much his head is worth, fingering the hilt of my sword threateningly while doing so.
The old man is gone.
This is an RTD, I could have rolled a 6 (or 8 in this set of rules) and the items somehow combusted.

Also the GM did not say anything about it  :(

Maybe I just didn't see this leaning to DnD and the likes...

Well this guy seems fishy but we live in a fantasy world....which is already fishy what with magic and the likes.

I'll ask my god to grant me invisibility so that I may steal a random person's key and replace the old mans key with it in hope to fool him.
Man is gone
Also, yes you could have rolled an 8 and it would have worked.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:46:42 pm by Rashilul »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2009, 01:20:20 pm »

YAY!!! Free key! ;D

I leave the tavern and see what buildings are nearby.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2009, 01:26:36 pm »

Yes we may have gotten the key but where do we go with? I'll go hunt down the old man for information.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2009, 01:28:14 pm »

I go out into town and find some quiet place, then I sit down and pray to Kurosh to grant me great strength, that I may spread his influence to all the world.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2009, 01:47:17 pm »

Pray to Carp, that he/she/it may grant me the knowledge of a brilliant fishing spot nearby.

Axil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Ye gods RTD Turn three
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2009, 04:44:42 pm »

Continue reading the tome of light, after reading a bit, leave the tavern and explore the surroundings, don't walk too far away.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2009, 06:42:24 pm »

convert people to my goddess
Back to Mafia with me!

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2009, 06:45:23 pm »

run out and grab him by the short hairs and tell him to show me the way to the door thingy.
if thats not an option ill go practice with my sword.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2009, 09:08:45 pm »

I suggest that we meet outside the tavern at dawn, ready to leave. I then try to buy a swag, bags, tools, tent large cloth and spars, food+water, water-proofing chemicals, vials, and random chemicals, in that order(I expect everything to be low quality due to my lack of funds...).
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye gods RTD Turn four
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2009, 09:40:00 pm »

Turn 4: The old man sure is fast.

YAY!!! Free key! ;D

I leave the tavern and see what buildings are nearby.
You (4) go outside and see an apocathery, tower, weapons and armor shop, a horse dealer, a goods shop, lots of houses, and a castle.
Yes we may have gotten the key but where do we go with? I'll go hunt down the old man for information.
You (4) find the old man and (3) almost catch up to him.
I go out into town and find some quiet place, then I sit down and pray to Kurosh to grant me great strength, that I may spread his influence to all the world.
You pray to Kurosh for strength (7). You feel stronger.
Gained novice prayer!
Pray to Carp, that he/she/it may grant me the knowledge of a brilliant fishing spot nearby.
(3) Carp isn't talking
Continue reading the tome of light, after reading a bit, leave the tavern and explore the surroundings, don't walk too far away.
You read from your tome of light (4) and learn the spell light! It is almost completely useless to you though. You stroll out of the tavern (6) and trip down some stairs (6). You recover, but bump your head on a post (8) and completely smash it.
convert people to my goddess
You (5) manage to convert some drunkards to your godess.
Gained a small amount of favor!
run out and grab him by the short hairs and tell him to show me the way to the door thingy.
if thats not an option ill go practice with my sword.
You (7) run out and see the old man (1) but trip on the tavern stairs.
I suggest that we meet outside the tavern at dawn, ready to leave. I then try to buy a swag, bags, tools, tent large cloth and spars, food+water, water-proofing chemicals, vials, and random chemicals, in that order(I expect everything to be low quality due to my lack of funds...).
You (7) find the goods shop, and (5) find that you have enough to purchase everything you need, but that it is all low quality.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:18:21 pm by Rashilul »

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2009, 10:04:09 pm »

Question: will more followers to our GODDESS (  >:( ) or god allow them to intercede with stronger abilities and such (a la populous) ?

Pray to have my socks uncursed
Back to Mafia with me!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2009, 10:17:26 pm »

Question: will more followers to our GODDESS (  >:( ) or god allow them to intercede with stronger abilities and such (a la populous) ?

Pray to have my socks uncursed
Oops. Converting people to your faith will help your favor since you're a priest,
killing people will bring Jay favor, etc. (I'm just putting this in now)

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2009, 11:17:33 pm »

buy food and medical supplies and practice with my sword till its time to go (or interupted)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2009, 12:45:06 am »

I try to build a camouflaged water-proof tent that can be rolled up into my swag and a cloth table that can also be rolled up. I pack my gear into bags and set up the tent and swag. I spend the night in the swag and get to the tavern at dawn. Or as much of that as I can get done this turn...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2009, 09:04:22 am »

I go to the weapons shop and see what they have. If they have something better than my current sword I offer to buy it, but refuse to pay any more than 50 gold.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5