Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171363 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #1950 on: December 17, 2009, 10:51:53 am »

A Raiding force of Dark Eldar accidentally runs into a group of Craftworld Eldar on patrol on the outskirts of an Imperial base; the conflict that ensues is sharp and fast, resulting in a tactical draw as both sides retreat to lick their wounds.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: December 17, 2009, 11:26:04 am »

Yes, that was a good game. I ended up doing both worse than I'd hoped and better than I expected. Damn wyches flying across the board. Damn bullshit wyches. I can confirm, however, that raiders are made of paper, and just love crashing. Fire prisms, on the other hand, are made of rape and win.

Well, it was an army that took away the biggest advantage my jetbikes gave me, especially with those bullshit wychs and their 12" charge. Which left me fighting in close quarters with nowhere to run. Fortunately, jetbikes are also tough as nails, and deldar are squishy, so it wound up a goddamn field of blood, as you can see above. Mind you, only eleven of those bloodstains are my troops. The other thirty or so are neruz's wychs and wych lord, and the lord and his retinue. :D

On "moving counts as moving": just because something is or is not under a particular heading doesn't change what it says. Given the batshit insane organization everything else in the book has, can you really expect better? Although even there, it's better than the space marines codex, which is just painful to read (even if 80% wasn't just shitty photos of fucking smurfs... >:| ).
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: December 17, 2009, 02:00:52 pm »

I read an interview with the guy who wrote the Spess Mehren codex.  He's a raging smurf fanboy, and said over and over that smurfs were the best and that's why everything was all smurf in that book.
Shoes...

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: December 17, 2009, 07:25:32 pm »

I think the logic is that Ultramarines are intended to be the standard by which other Space Marine chapters are judged by. Kind of like an equilateral triangle, an ideal form to which other triangles can be compared.
!!&!!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: December 17, 2009, 07:33:26 pm »

Yeah, i guess they are sorta the Default Spess muhreen.

They have some of the nicest tech of the Spesses, more on the Clagar-type scale than the Vehicles.

In other news, i bought a box of Warhammer orcs to use to convert my Boyz.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: December 17, 2009, 08:34:10 pm »

I think the logic is that Ultramarines are intended to be the standard by which other Space Marine chapters are judged by. Kind of like an equilateral triangle, an ideal form to which other triangles can be compared.

Pretty much.

The Space Marines are the 'default' 40k race, and the Ultramarines are the 'default' Space Marine, so they're the defaults of the default.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: December 17, 2009, 08:41:29 pm »

Anyone up for a 750 point game?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: December 17, 2009, 09:50:33 pm »

Pretty much.
The Space Marines are the 'default' 40k race, and the Ultramarines are the 'default' Space Marine, so they're the defaults of the default.
Look at us! We are ULTRAGENERIC!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: December 17, 2009, 09:53:43 pm »

Pretty much.
Look at us! We are ULTRAGENERIC!
You wish you could be as generic as them.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: December 17, 2009, 10:07:59 pm »

If you're been genetically altered to be more generic, why are you suddenly blue?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: December 17, 2009, 10:25:57 pm »

Thought the Fists, be they imperial or Crimson were pretty generic too.

Fanboys should be banned from writing rulebooks.

I got a box of chaos marauders recently. I'll go get that box of scouts (forgot to bring $$ last time) next week probably.
Then I can start modding some nice barbaric killers. . .X-mas is supposed to yield some 40k shit too.
Good thing I didnt spend my cash last week, bankaccount is down to two cypher numbers...

My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: December 17, 2009, 10:40:19 pm »

But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: December 17, 2009, 10:56:28 pm »

I could swear we've had this conversation before.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: December 17, 2009, 10:57:49 pm »

Look! RHINOS! RHINOS!

(It's funny, admit it.)
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 199