Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171421 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #1725 on: December 09, 2009, 08:17:15 am »

Vassal is kicking my ass. Where are the vehicles? And am I supposed to be able to edit the pieces? All I can place is plain old guardsmen, how do I edit their names and stats so they're veterans, ratlings or whatever?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 09, 2009, 08:24:11 am »

Okay, I had trouble too. Press the button 'models'. Now, there are 3 drop down box menus above (occasionally 4 - 1 for different factions i.e. Ultramarines, Grey wolves and similar) an image of a unit. What this unit is is not important, although I believe it's a Space Marine Chapter Master. You first go to the top drop down menu, and select guardsmen. Then, you go to the Imperial Guard. The second box (occasionally third, as mention. The second box from the bottom, at least) allows you to select whether you want to take a HQ, an Elite, and so on and so forth. The last box allows you to change to different units within that unit (so for example you could switch from an imperial guardsman to a sergeant or a guardsman with a heavy weapon). To the right you'll notice the edge of the box that appeared when you pressed 'models' has little dimples in it. You can drag this. Do so and it will reveal all your troop choices for that section (so if you chose elites it would show Karsakins and Ogryns, for example). To edit a unit, right click on it, and you should be able to make your way from there.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 09, 2009, 08:34:12 am »

I think I just got an old version of the mod. It's 2.0.5., what should it be? And where did you guys find the latest version? I followed a link from this thread and that's what I got.

*edit* Nevermind, I think I found it. August 2009 is fresh enough, right?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 08:44:44 am by DJ »
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 09, 2009, 08:56:44 am »

3.5.5 I believe.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 09, 2009, 09:02:34 am »

What's going on here?

EDIT: By which I mean, what WH40k-related shenanigans are you guys up to now?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 09, 2009, 09:05:26 am »

There's this thing, right, called VASSAL, right, and it lets you play 40k online, right?

And that's my quota of 'rights' for the day. I doesn't have everything the tabletop version does and GW has a grudge against it despite it being legal under Fair Use, but it rocks.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 09, 2009, 09:05:53 am »

We're playing Warhams for free (except the books of course), over the Internet, thus saving us even the nerdy exertions of painting figures and going a store.  It's all the rage, apparently.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: December 09, 2009, 09:07:38 am »

Cool.

I'll bet GW's worried this'll put a crimp in their model sales? Hah.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 09, 2009, 09:17:46 am »

Actually, I've been waiting patiently for months to amass an army, build it, paint it, buy all the shit.

Now, having played it for free with my Ork army I NEED TO DO THIS NOW.

VASSAL has shattered my patience and, soon enough, my wallet.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: December 09, 2009, 09:33:41 am »

I dunno, I wouldn't be able to buy actual models for a while, but I'm considering it just a bit.  The big problem would be the painting.  I'm not a good painter, as far as I know.

Also, I found something cooler than Chaos Termies.  Deep Striking Monstrous Creatures.  Carnifex, up in yo trenches.

Also also, I've always wondered.  What's to stop someone from just using blue-tack or maybe little magnets to not have to glue models together, and therefore be able to customize wargear on the fly?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 09:35:41 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 09, 2009, 09:38:16 am »

I want to play Squats!
Darnit, are there any rules floating about this vassal for them under ed.5?
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 09, 2009, 09:41:28 am »

Also also, I've always wondered.  What's to stop someone from just using blue-tack or maybe little magnets to not have to glue models together, and therefore be able to customize wargear on the fly?

Ability to hold onto stuff for one thing.  If you've never actually seen a Terminator in your hand, those awesome high-res professionally painted examples don't really show just how tiny 25mm models are.  Good magnets that size would be difficult to work with, and bluetack would wear out too easily.  I have seen people use magnets for larger models like Carnifexes and Dreadnoughts though, so it certainly does work, it's just fiddly.

I want to play Squats!
Darnit, are there any rules floating about this vassal for them under ed.5?

There aren't any rules floating around for Squats anywhere, because they were officially axed before there was really an Internet, let alone a modern Warhammer.  Anything you'd be using you could just as easily make up.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 09, 2009, 09:54:12 am »

Yeah... anyone got an old codex lying around ready for scanning?
I only got the Epic v2 rules (the one without the Imperators etc) for Squat, which doesnt get ye far in 40K...

As copyright is concerned, according to GW the material doesn't exist, so even if Jarvis (or whatever author wrote it) did not die 20 years ago, they can hardly send lawyers after us for making up rules from non-existing source material. :p

...it is really hard to find any books online for them, even a copy of the original Rogue Trader is easier!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:07:46 am by Areyar »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: December 09, 2009, 11:01:18 am »

Okay, I finally got around to making a 1000-point chaos list.  This one is Slaanesh all the way, but I did it hastily and kind of threw it together, so I don't know how it'll perform.  Anyone want to play me?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shoes...

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: December 09, 2009, 12:14:47 pm »

hrmmf!
I just downloaded the wolfie-codex (not because I'm cheap, but may recieve it as a present later this month)
And the first thing that is confirmed is that wolfies don't have scout bikers only wheelyclaws. :(
I just assembled the one I was gifted the 5th.
...Maybe I can convert it to a goofy marine, but it's not very likely he'll ever fit in with the other swiftclaws.

With a codex, I'll attempt to build my favorite force. while hopefully excludig the more popular of the characters. ....A wolf cavalry army might be fun. :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 12:17:35 pm by Areyar »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 199