Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171561 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #1260 on: December 02, 2009, 01:49:42 pm »

what armies are you all using?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 02, 2009, 01:53:20 pm »

I'm not free to do anything for a few days (though I welcome the opportunity to procrastinate), but yeah I'm game.

I've just discovered a very weird problem.  I closed the program without actually retiring my slot as Player 1 when playing an offline game, and now I apparently can't claim the Player 1 slot at all.  I might have to restart my computer to free that "channel" up or whatever, or reinstall the program or something.  So everyone be warned - RETIRE YOUR PLAYER SLOT BEFORE CLOSING THE GAME.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 02, 2009, 01:55:08 pm »

I going to be Imperials.

Seems I'm with Cthulhus' SPESS MUREENS.

Grey knights/Orks is an unusual and heretical combo.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 02, 2009, 01:56:00 pm »

Actually, I'll probably play Chaos Marines myself.  A little underpowered (for Marine equivalents), but I like them.

I just pitched Grey Knights because they can field a 500 point army in like 11 models.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 02, 2009, 01:59:15 pm »

Chaos is also the coolest, except maybe Tyranids.  Slaanesh is my favorite, but maybe that's the tentacles talking.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 02, 2009, 02:01:24 pm »

My loyalties are torn between Nurgle and Tzeentch, they both have a lot to admire.  Actually building an army though, it'd be Undivided.  Not even particularly Chaotic, just Badass Renegade Marines Doin' It For Themselves.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 02, 2009, 02:03:30 pm »

Oh, you guys may have already noticed this, but the Player tabs allow models to be placed like a board, so you can have your whole army placed and wargear situated before you start deploying.
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: December 02, 2009, 02:06:04 pm »

I'm working out a 500 point Imperial army now, though I'll probably procrastinate a bit, thinking that I should theme it or something.

Bah, just as many guns as possible, and stay the hell away from Aqizzar.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1268 on: December 02, 2009, 03:29:04 pm »

Which version of vassal are you using? I used to play vassal 40K quite a lot so I'm pretty good with the program so could help out anyone having trouble. I am using version 5.2.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: December 02, 2009, 04:05:22 pm »

I'm also using 5.2

I'm also about to start my first solo game to fully acquaint myself with the rules.  500 points, Spess on Spess Action. 

Here's my list, I kind of slapped it together with a mind for getting cool stuff into the field to test out the rules, and will be using it for both sides.  Is there anything I'm doing definitely wrong, as in, rules violating stuff?  In addition, how tactically sound is this?  Is there something I definitely should've done different?  The map is a desert Capture Points map, with both armies deploying on opposite long sides.  No deep strike, no reserves, KISS for now.

Spoiler: List (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: December 02, 2009, 04:15:43 pm »

The Sergeant having a Storm Bolter and Chainsword is a little wonky.  Chainswords don't have any specials rules to them, they're just close combat weapons, and the Sergeant's Bolt Pistol already does that.  The Storm Bolter is cool, but you'll still only get one close combat attack, because he still only has one one-handed weapon because the way it's worded (if you're into that kind of rules-lawyering), the Chainsword replaces the pistol.

I don't understand what the Scouts are supposed to be doing.  "Normal Loadout" is boltguns, and combining that with a shotgun and two rifles is pointless as all get out.  I highly suggest picking one weapon for the whole squad (Sniper Rifles being good, since they're free and work great).

On the Dreadnought, I'd recommend the Assault Cannon for the same price.  One point less strength, half the range, it's not twin-linked, but two extra shots and it's Rending.  (I never realized they only shoot 24".)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: December 02, 2009, 04:22:35 pm »

Interesting you'd say that about the sergeant, because I was just trying to figure out why the sergeant wouldn't take a storm bolter and chainsword in Vassal.

And yeah, I was thinking they'd need a shotgun in case they got overrun, and I dunno.  It's my first time.  I'll switch to all snipers.
Shoes...

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: December 02, 2009, 04:25:05 pm »

Looks good to me, though I don't play space marines so I wouldn't be sure.
It looks like a good army, though the old scouts weren't cost efficient, I'm not sure about the new ones though.  The Twin linked auto-cannon is a good choice for a small game like this, Though an assault cannon would be better.

I'm up for a game anytime, as soon as I download the new version.
I'll probably be playing tyranids.
If I could only use troops and didn't need synapse I would have fun with this army.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The sheer swarming ability would be amazing.
Unfortunately, Gaunts still overpriced anyway, compared to the New Orks.
So stealer's are basically the only troops worth taking.

Ninjad...
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: December 02, 2009, 04:26:50 pm »

Note to self - stop giving tactical advice to potential enemies.

Eh, I'd be willing to honor the Sergeant having a sword, pistol, and Storm Bolter.  It only makes sense.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: December 02, 2009, 04:28:15 pm »

I dunno though, the sergeant won't take anything but a bolt/plasma pistol and a close combat weapon (With a good variety, but still).  Technically there is no sergeant in the model list, just a veteran.  Is that supposed to be the sergeant?
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 199