Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171580 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #1095 on: November 26, 2009, 12:57:11 pm »

I'll screen them with Grots.

There's only so many they can kill each turn, especially the bloodthirster, and we get to shoot into Melee in these rules!

Fuck you Grotty Mcgrot!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 26, 2009, 01:22:41 pm »

I'll screen them with Grots.

There's only so many they can kill each turn, especially the bloodthirster, and we get to shoot into Melee in these rules!

Fuck you Grotty Mcgrot!
Thats dumb. Shooting into melee means that Space Marines win.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 26, 2009, 01:25:07 pm »

Oh?

Spess mareenz, they get to be Zapped with Lootaz, and then i do some drive-byes on the terminators.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 26, 2009, 01:26:49 pm »

Oh?

Spess mareenz, they get to be Zapped with Lootaz, and then i do some drive-byes on the terminators.
It means that as long as the squad is not using >3 AP weps, SPace marines still get their saves and do not have to worry.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 26, 2009, 01:46:30 pm »

TvTropes claimed that an entire planet was destroyed because of a rounding error in the Imperium paperwork.

How much paperwork does the Imperium have anyway?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 26, 2009, 01:48:56 pm »

Well, i'd assume a lot, but the 'guard use it as armour.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 26, 2009, 03:17:40 pm »

The imperium covers litterally millions of worlds, with litterally hundreds trillions of total inhabitants, along with endless amounts of flashlights, t-shirts, bolters, pieces of armour, purity seals, exterminatus gear, HERESY, RAEG, enemies, death, taxes, etc.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 26, 2009, 09:33:59 pm »

I just saw Event Horizon.  The first mission of my Rogue Trader campaign may or may not involve a fudged-roll induced Gellar Field malfunction.
Shoes...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 26, 2009, 09:54:04 pm »

It's generally accepted that Event Horizon is unintentionally set in the 40k universe at the discovery of warp-travel.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 27, 2009, 12:14:26 am »

TvTropes claimed that an entire planet was destroyed because of a rounding error in the Imperium paperwork.

How much paperwork does the Imperium have anyway?
The paperwork is so bad that one planet system is in a civil war because they're running out of room to put it all.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 27, 2009, 12:17:42 am »

There's also Acreage, which is in a civil war because of a typo in a writ of succession.  Since both warring parties are competing to gain the Emprah's favor via taxes, the Administratum claimed they did it on purpose and suggest doing it to other planets to increase revenue.
Shoes...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 27, 2009, 08:13:09 pm »

I'm hoping you guys are consulting the fluff, as opposed to just making up your own Imperium civil chaos.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 27, 2009, 08:14:16 pm »

I'm hoping you guys are consulting the fluff, as opposed to just making up your own Imperium civil chaos.

Even if we did, we'd probably get it right more often than not.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 27, 2009, 08:35:09 pm »

The more Warhammer fluff you read, the more you realize that Rick Priestly wrote every detail of the entire setting on some pizza boxes back in 1986, and every book and article since is just a rewording of the exact same lines from the original Rogue Trader background supplements.  You can make up anything you want really, as long as you kind of get the ethos right - GW's biggest cop-out since the beginning is that in a 40000 year old galaxy spanning magic space empire, everything is right somehow.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 28, 2009, 03:14:12 am »

Except for the Squa- *BANG*
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 199