Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171623 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #1005 on: November 05, 2009, 11:14:04 pm »

I was confronted by something that confused me today.

Orks are stupid - FACT
Orks are so stupid they warp the very fabric of the warp to make things like they believe - FACT

So why do Orks die? I mean, if you had something like a laser, the Ork might not even FEEL it - and if they don't feel it, they won't think they've been hit, and so they won't get hurt/die.

Does this happen? Or am I taking it too far?

Orks are highly psychic; they're the most powerfully pyschic race in the universe, they beat the Eldar hands down at psychic powers, but they don't know it.

This means whatever an Ork believes is reality, becomes reality; Ork technology works because they think it does, if you could convince an Ork that losing his chest wouldn't kill him, odds are it wouldn't.

The thing is; Orks think they should die when they take enough damage; this is also why bigger Orks are harder to kill; they think they should take more damage before they die, because they're bigger.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 05, 2009, 11:23:38 pm »

That's what I'm saying - there are plenty of real life examples of people in an accident not even realising they're injured. I'm picturing armless Orks charging towards the enemy and only beginning to bleed once they realise their limbs are missing. ;D
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 06, 2009, 12:57:30 am »

That's what I'm saying - there are plenty of real life examples of people in an accident not even realising they're injured. I'm picturing armless Orks charging towards the enemy and only beginning to bleed once they realise their limbs are missing. ;D

Canon; it happens.

It's one of the reasons why Orcs are so freaking dangerous.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 06, 2009, 12:58:49 am »

It's extremely embarressing to be bashed to death by an Ork you just decapitated, with his own head.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 06, 2009, 01:04:43 am »

Decapitation tends to slow them down a bit.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 06, 2009, 01:05:38 am »

I was planning on getting the starter set box at some point (no drivers license and all that), and it come with both Space Marines and Orks. Other army player would look at them and think "maybe I can pawn those". As a (to be) Ork player, I think "I wonder how I can convert these". The box set comes a dreadnought, so I was thinking I could loot that and make it a "count as", but I don't know if it should be a Warboss or a Big Mek. What do you guys think?

(yes, I realize that is would be a deff dread, but a single deff dread isn't all that intimidating)

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 06, 2009, 04:57:18 am »

take off the sarcofigace and replace with ork head and you have a deff dread! You can convert some weapons on it as well as it has two dreadnoght close combat weapons.

Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 09, 2009, 03:21:10 pm »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I have found an ANGRY MARINE codex
I just though you guys could use the link.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 09, 2009, 03:28:24 pm »

I thought i mentioned that before?

Meh, no matter.

Anyway, i'll be posting some pictures of my bases soonish, get ready for some sweet scenic bases!

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 09, 2009, 04:43:48 pm »

Wait, an actual Angry Marine codex? I know it's a very popular fan chapter, but someone actually took the time to make a codex.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 09, 2009, 05:39:05 pm »

After the Great Internet Explosion, everyone and their dog who was into Warhammer wrote their own horribly broken codexes to reflect their perfect vision of an army.  /tg/ made one for its beloved Angry Marines (and Rogue Traders too).  It's not a bad codex, since they're basically just Marines who can't shoot straight but beat things up better, so not much different than the many real chapter-specific codexes.

Also, great stuff like the Predator Angrinator and the Adamantium Sack of Power Doorknobs.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1016 on: November 09, 2009, 05:51:30 pm »

Might as well post in this thread. For a long while I tried to get into 40K, but in the end my love of buying and sticking things, and my hate of painting things led to me being defeated by the grey unpainted hordes and gave up fairly recentlyish. I'm continuing to follow the fluff- especially the Horus Heresy series and am occasional visiting a 40K forum to see new releases, but I'm largely out of it.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 09, 2009, 06:00:51 pm »

Y'know what it turns out that i can paint well?

Ultramarines, Bloody ULTRAMARINES.

I found this while painting my sceneic bases... I love the colour Ultramarines blue, by the way, i hate the chapter, but i love the colour...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 09, 2009, 07:15:06 pm »

Wait, if orks make their imagination reality, how many of the orks are actually real? Could those Orks use this same ability (i doubt it because they don't know about it)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 09, 2009, 07:25:26 pm »

Y'know what it turns out that i can paint well?

Ultramarines, Bloody ULTRAMARINES.

I found this while painting my sceneic bases... I love the colour Ultramarines blue, by the way, i hate the chapter, but i love the colour...

So make a new chapter; Superultramarines, or Epicmarines. :P
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 199