Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171368 times)

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #930 on: October 21, 2009, 04:56:10 pm »

How does an 'Ard boy with a riot shield sound?

I'm making Rotgut as we speak.
Sounds kewl. :)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 22, 2009, 04:13:26 am »

I'm starting an ork army with a warboss I call Rotgut Ragescreamer.

Think ork whos constintly pissed in a dwarven fashion. I've converted his chopper to one of the powder kegs from the orge army and his ammo grunts carry around ale from the dwarf fantsy army.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 22, 2009, 04:52:51 am »

Awesomesauce.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 25, 2009, 01:04:49 pm »

Help!

We know Nurgle is a caring Chaos God who love his followers so much that he give out gifts like smallpox. But I need to prove it on a fluff forum, and I don't know how. I can't use Lieber Chaotica, as that only deal with Warhammer Fantasy, I need to find some fluff in Warhammer40K that proves Nurgle is a caring god.

For their part, the anti-"NURGLE IS CARING" crowd has this quote from codex:

Book of Nurgle, 3rd Edition Codex: "Nurgle's followers suffer under the burden of his 'gifts' as much as they benefit from them... The servants of Nurgle cry out to him to rid them of the gifts they so blatantly invited when they turned to worship him, and he takes great sport in prolonging their suffering through the granting of yet more marks"

Yes, that sure sounds like he wouldn't do anything to hurt his followers to me... epic fail.

I am trying to stress that Nurgle's followers "invited" these gifts and that they "benefit" from them, while they are stressing that Nurgle's followers "suffer" under the "burden" of these gifts, and that Nurgle is "takes great sport in prolonging their suffering".

I know that Wikipedia and other Warhammer wikis back up my point, but I can't use them because they are inherently unreliable. So, if anyone can help prove Nurgle is a caring god, who give these gifts of smallpox out of love, I'll...reward you...somehow.

I mean, somebody has to have has the Nurgle Codex with them?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 01:06:26 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 25, 2009, 01:10:25 pm »

They call him Father Nurgle, which would be some form of appreciation I would say.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 25, 2009, 01:41:25 pm »

Yes, but I need an actual codex quote though.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 25, 2009, 01:43:17 pm »

Apocalypse Reload pg whichever one with the Nurgle Plague Tower.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 25, 2009, 02:55:18 pm »

Fact: After the Damocles Crusade, in which the Space Marines and Imperial Guard forces attempted to push back the expanding Tau empire to little success, as they were quickly recalled to deal with Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade, the Tau then brought Imperial Guardsmen into the Greater Good.

In addition, the Tau using Human Auxiliaries can also use any Imperial Guard vehicle as long as it does not have Machine Spirit, and it can be retrofitted with Tau weaponry and upgrades.

http://tauonline.org/index.php?content=browse&cat=showcase&army=&article=586

Behold the Tau Railgun Baneblade.
!!&!!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 25, 2009, 03:03:55 pm »

Fact: After the Damocles Crusade, in which the Space Marines and Imperial Guard forces attempted to push back the expanding Tau empire to little success, as they were quickly recalled to deal with Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade, the Tau then brought Imperial Guardsmen into the Greater Good.

In addition, the Tau using Human Auxiliaries can also use any Imperial Guard vehicle as long as it does not have Machine Spirit, and it can be retrofitted with Tau weaponry and upgrades.

JESUS WEPT.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 25, 2009, 03:28:10 pm »

THE GOD-EMPEROR OF MANKIND, WHO IS COOLER THAN JESUS, WEPT.
Fix'd

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 25, 2009, 03:36:44 pm »

If somone showed up to a game and said "Hey, this is a Baneblade, only it's got Tau Railguns taped on it." I would probably have a heart attack and die right there.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 25, 2009, 04:13:17 pm »

Joke on the Tau. All machines have Machine Spirits, even the Tau's machines. It's just that the Ad Mech believes only human beings can treat Machine Spirits well, all other Xenos races abuse and enslave the Machine Spirits for their own means.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 25, 2009, 04:31:47 pm »

I tried treating my laptop as if it had a machine spirit in the hopes it would be pleased and work better.  A few seconds later, I found myself sensually rubbing the tilde key and decided it was a dumb idea.  Now all the keys around there stick, though, and I don't remember spilling any pop on it.  I don't know what to make of this.
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 25, 2009, 04:38:36 pm »

Wait, I recognize that from somewhere...
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 25, 2009, 04:40:11 pm »

That's not a good mental image.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 199