Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171203 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #705 on: October 06, 2009, 08:22:43 pm »

The Old Ones got pretty desperate in their fights against the Necrontyr; the Necrontyr were winning, big time, the Nightbringer was systematically traumatising every form of proto-life in the galaxy, the Deciever was playing everyone against everyone else and showing the Eldar how it's done, the Void Dragon was coming up with more and more new and betterer superweapons to slaughter everything and the Outsider was dancing around on the corpses of other C'tan, the Eldar were coming up blank and even lost one of their gods when he went mano-e-mano with the Nightbringer, they tried to make use of almost everything, the Orks were their last ditch effort basically, and in theory might have won them the war, except the Enslavers came and rendered the whole thing moot, the Old Ones vanished, the Necrontyr went into hybernation, the Eldar orgied themselves their own personal Chaos God and the Orks fractured without any form of coherant leadership and became the amazingly awesome race of super cool guys that kill stuff and shoot and chop they are today.
Fixed

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 06, 2009, 08:31:23 pm »

Also, is there any credibility to the theory that the Warhammer Fantasy takes place on Terra tens of thousands of years before 40k? Besides the inclusion of Chaos in both, I mean.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 06, 2009, 08:36:04 pm »

just lazy fluff writers and recycling of models.
It has been officially denied often enough that fantasy does not take place on Earth. The deviating map should be an indication. (the similar shapes are due to a general template used by the toads during terraforming)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Rozenbuddy

• Bay Watcher
  • High on Caffine
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 06, 2009, 08:36:31 pm »

MOAAAAARRR DAAKKAAAA!!!!!
that is all  :)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 06, 2009, 08:37:29 pm »

Also, is there any credibility to the theory that the Warhammer Fantasy takes place on Terra tens of thousands of years before 40k? Besides the inclusion of Chaos in both, I mean.
No

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 06, 2009, 10:54:01 pm »

GW has officially stated repeatedly that Fantasy and 40k are wholly seperate universes and have nothing to do with each other except sharing a few concepts like Chaos, mostly due to lazy writing.

It's also been unofficially postulated that Event Horizon (the movie) is in fact set in the 40k universe (intentionally or not) and documents mankind's first encounter with the Warp.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 06, 2009, 10:56:23 pm »

All of that is right, apart from the Eldar God bit. It seems the only contact the Eldar Gods had with the C'tan was their Laughing God, who may or may not have (it was him or the Deceiver) been the one who tricked the Nightbringer/Outsider (confusion on that one too) into eating other C'Tan.

The Eldar Gods all got owned when the Eldar descended into decadence and Slaanesh arrived, barring aforementioned Laughing God and the Goddess of healing, who gets used as Nurgle's test dummy for all of his plagues.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 06, 2009, 11:39:47 pm »

I heard that in Old Fluff, either Warhammer Fantasy is set in a fantasy planet that is currently isolated in the Eye of Terror (Warhammer40K Old Fluff)...

...or the Warhammer40K universe is a plaything created by some bored Mage who is playing with it in some lonely Mage Tower in Warhammer Fantasy (Warhammer Fantasy Old Fluff).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 11:41:18 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 06, 2009, 11:52:47 pm »

All of that is right, apart from the Eldar God bit. It seems the only contact the Eldar Gods had with the C'tan was their Laughing God, who may or may not have (it was him or the Deceiver) been the one who tricked the Nightbringer/Outsider (confusion on that one too) into eating other C'Tan.

The Eldar Gods all got owned when the Eldar descended into decadence and Slaanesh arrived, barring aforementioned Laughing God and the Goddess of healing, who gets used as Nurgle's test dummy for all of his plagues.

My error, Khaine didn't die when he sundered the Nightbringers body, he just got royally fucked over.

The Laughing God\Deciever tricked both the Nightbringer and the Outsider into eating other C'tan, the Outsider went completely and dangerously loopy as a result, but the Nightbringer was already Ax Crazy, so it didn't seem to have any notable effect on him.

I heard that in Old Fluff, either Warhammer Fantasy is set in a fantasy planet that is currently isolated in the Eye of Terror (Warhammer40K Old Fluff)...

...or the Warhammer40K universe is a plaything created by some bored Mage who is playing with it in some lonely Mage Tower in Warhammer Fantasy (Warhammer Fantasy Old Fluff).

There's lots of silly theories like that, but GW officially denies them all. There is no connection between the two universes.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 07, 2009, 05:07:11 am »

Also, Eldar Gods are posculated to be Old Ones themselves.

Or at least a highly-prized creation of the Old Ones.

Or even... They were made by Eldar themself! Because, after all, Warp is composed of sentiences' emotions.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 07, 2009, 05:11:18 am »

I like this actually. It's cute and bipartisan.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 07, 2009, 05:18:51 am »

Warhammer is not allowed be cute! It is
GRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARK
GRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARK

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 07, 2009, 05:25:46 am »

neruz my goddam eyes

Also, point taken.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 07, 2009, 05:53:08 am »

I'd hate to think i didn't get my point across.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 07, 2009, 06:29:43 am »

Get your point across? You shoved it through our eye sockets.

All 44 lines of it.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 199