Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171139 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #615 on: October 04, 2009, 08:34:14 pm »

Holy shit the Space Wolves have brought a new meaning to the word 'Overpowered'.

I apologise to all the Ultramarines players i called out, i did not know the truth. This codex is just...

Seriously, it's like GW pretended to try and balance the Spaeyz Mureenz just so the impact of this Codex would be all the greater.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 04, 2009, 08:39:50 pm »

So if Oaths have no consequences, then why were they invented in the first  place? Does the Emperor love useless rituals/paperwork?  :-\
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 04, 2009, 08:42:07 pm »

No, I think GW just doesn't give a shit anymore.

The Grimdark is over guys, everyone go home.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 04, 2009, 08:44:50 pm »

I already bought Commander Wolfwolf McWolf, I'm going to equip him with Wolfhammer wargear and a Yiffgun.  Once I've got his retinue Wolfitywolf Guardwolves and Wolfinators, I'll have him sit back in the back of the army and use Wolf of the Wolfwolf Wolf to give my Wolfmen the Mark of the Wolf buff.

EDIT:  Sit back in the back of the wolfarmy, that is.

My army doesn't have its own battle barge yet, though.  Right now it's borrowing the Blood Ravens' battle barge, the Litany of Litany's Litany.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 08:49:35 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 04, 2009, 08:50:12 pm »

FUCK YES.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 04, 2009, 10:30:43 pm »

and yet more sign that the one and only thing Games Workshop gives a damn about after gutting it's long time design staff is selling more models.

come on now, its been the same way for the last 20 years.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 05, 2009, 12:08:45 am »

I already bought Commander Wolfwolf McWolf, I'm going to equip him with Wolfhammer wargear and a Yiffgun.  Once I've got his retinue Wolfitywolf Guardwolves and Wolfinators, I'll have him sit back in the back of the army and use Wolf of the Wolfwolf Wolf to give my Wolfmen the Mark of the Wolf buff.

EDIT:  Sit back in the back of the wolfarmy, that is.

My army doesn't have its own battle barge yet, though.  Right now it's borrowing the Blood Ravens' battle barge, the Litany of Litany's Litany.

Flawless victory my good sir. *Doffs hat*

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 05, 2009, 08:30:47 am »

Aw. I got SpazyWulfz.

What I liked about the wolves was their in-adherence to normal squadformat.
What I hate about the warhammer games generally is beardy (wolfey?) special rules and damned overpowered characters.
Some fielded armies are just characters plus the mandatory squads of troops. :(

My hatred for GW's continual revisions of the rules and codexes has been constant for about twenty years.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

kurokikaze

• Bay Watcher
  • Man of the black wind
    • View Profile
    • Mechanical World
« Reply #623 on: October 05, 2009, 08:39:46 am »

Whoa, 40K is quite popuilar here? :)

I have fast hit&run White Scars army, which i haven't played for around a year.

It's black as pitch 'cause we're trapped by our violent souls
In a deep mine, where deep rhymes won't keep my self-control
Too many foes, we feel snakebit, and we won't take it
Enemies need their face hit, we goin' ape shit!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 05, 2009, 03:32:20 pm »

Wolf it wolf wolf wolf wolfen wolfer wolf wolf wolf.

Fix'd

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 05, 2009, 03:36:34 pm »

I dislike the seperation of fluff and gameplay. If the Codex says that Commander Wolfwolf McWolf can eat tanks, then by golly, Commander Wolfwolf McWolf should eat tanks in the fluff! If the fluff states that you just need 10 Imperial Guardsmen to kill one space marine, then it should take 10 Imperial Guardsmen to kill one Space Marine in the actual game. If the Gameplay nerfs Orks, then Orks should run around acting like underpowered chickens who gets defeated by everybody.

Gameplay/fluff seperation annoys me. The fluff exist purely to provide background to the gameplay, and the gameplay helps to provide reasoning for the fluff. They should be equviliant, there should be no seperation.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 05, 2009, 04:47:16 pm »

I dislike the seperation of fluff and gameplay. If the Codex says that Commander Wolfwolf McWolf can eat tanks, then by golly, Commander Wolfwolf McWolf should eat tanks in the fluff! If the fluff states that you just need 10 Imperial Guardsmen to kill one space marine, then it should take 10 Imperial Guardsmen to kill one Space Marine in the actual game. If the Gameplay nerfs Orks, then Orks should run around acting like underpowered chickens who gets defeated by everybody.

Gameplay/fluff seperation annoys me. The fluff exist purely to provide background to the gameplay, and the gameplay helps to provide reasoning for the fluff. They should be equviliant, there should be no seperation.
Its somewhat close, but it never will be the same. Or Marneus could own everyone.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 05, 2009, 04:51:41 pm »

The Fluff/Gameplay segregation may be for the best.

After all, If the fluff is toned down, everyone will just get killed left right and centre (Dependant on yor tastes, good or bad) and if the Gmae gets cranked UP, well, i can see a few more people playing Speashe Muhreenes.

Anyway, the Fluff is effectively non-canonical after a while, so it's just another money-spinner.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 05, 2009, 04:59:06 pm »

A few years ago, White Dwarf printed what they called the "Movie Marines" armylist, under the title Chapter UNApproved.  Essentially, they were all independent characters with 2+ invulnerable saves, 10 wounds, and assault cannons (it was a little more complicated, but you get the idea), for like 150 points a model.

I read a couple combat logs on a forum describing the list in action.  It could single handedly mop the floor against a combined force of twice it's point value, with less than half of them actually dieing in the process.

Be careful what you wish for.  Although I love the idea of the fluff representing the effects of the mechanics, instead of the other way round.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 05, 2009, 05:13:27 pm »

Yep.  ;)

White Dwarf isnt too bad. I have bought them for the past year.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 199