Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170962 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #315 on: September 23, 2009, 03:30:38 am »

I was wondering, is it possible for there to be people that are loyal to the Emperor, but don't believe that he is a god?

Is it possible for SMs to have this view?

And if the first one is possible, how long would they last before the Ordo Hereticus or whoever killed them?

As the Dark Heresy source-chapters described it, one of the Ecclesiarchy's biggest goals is making sure that everybody in the Imperium doesn't sit down to compare notes on how they worship the Emperor.  If you can think of an interpretation of venerating the Emperor, someone out there follows it.  The Space Marines in particular (a lot of them anyway) really don't look at the Emperor as a God per se, but as a King cum progenitor.  Sort of how the Spartans looked at Ares, if the analogy isn't pressed too far.

Note that I probably got the trim wrong.

You've also got your left and right mixed around, but I like it.  I'd say it needs some embellishment somewhere, because the all-black across the rest of the body seems a bit much to me, but that's a job for when you actually paint one.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 23, 2009, 03:34:22 am »

Ah. Right. Oops.

Embellishment, I'm thinking pauldrons. I don't know what color.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 23, 2009, 03:48:07 am »

I was wondering, is it possible for there to be people that are loyal to the Emperor, but don't believe that he is a god?

And if the first one is possible, how long would they last before the Ordo Hereticus or whoever killed them?

As the Dark Heresy source-chapters described it, one of the Ecclesiarchy's biggest goals is making sure that everybody in the Imperium doesn't sit down to compare notes on how they worship the Emperor.  If you can think of an interpretation of venerating the Emperor, someone out there follows it.  The Space Marines in particular (a lot of them anyway) really don't look at the Emperor as a God per se, but as a King cum progenitor.  Sort of how the Spartans looked at Ares, if the analogy isn't pressed too far.
Ok. I had been wondering about this since I started looking into 40K.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 23, 2009, 03:49:15 am »

Any one read the Soul Drinkers books? I've read up to chapter wars then felt compiled to make a space marine army based on them.

I then dicceded to just make a couple of models based on main characters, inly done one so far =P
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 23, 2009, 06:12:17 pm »

Just finished putting my Chapter Master together. Fun, but I screwed up the pauldrons and placed them the wrong way round, with the badge on the left and the blank one on the right. Shouldn't matter too much.

Finished product:

Chapter Master w/combi-flamer, lightning claws (didn't like the initiative loss. Also, I lost the power fist), iron halo, krak and frag grenades, power armor - something something points.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 23, 2009, 06:29:38 pm »

And now, redesigned.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've been thinking and I quite like it all black. Now I need an insignia and banner.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 06:32:22 pm by Jackrabbit »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 23, 2009, 09:05:39 pm »

Keep in mind though that such obscure theologian distinctions usually don't play much of a role. There is really very little difference between seeing someone as the most powerful human being and a god. And I believe all Space Marine chapters have Chaplains though, even during the early stages of the Imperium when it was very anti-religious.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 23, 2009, 09:07:20 pm »

Chapter Master w/combi-flamer, lightning claws (didn't like the initiative loss. Also, I lost the power fist), iron halo, krak and frag grenades, power armor - something something points.

Here's the big question, how do you plan to get him near the enemy?  Command Squad + Rhino?
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 23, 2009, 09:13:30 pm »

RHINO RUSH!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 23, 2009, 09:16:24 pm »

Or, give him a teleporter/drop-pod, and deep-strike with a command squad.

Ah, memories...
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 23, 2009, 09:28:39 pm »

Or, give him a teleporter

Say what?  Is that some 2nd Edition thing I don't know about?  But yeah, I'm a fan of organic maneuverability myself.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 23, 2009, 09:34:53 pm »

Uh, whoops, I meant teleporter in the same way that terminators can deep strike using homing beacons.  I don't think non-termi CS's can use it. My codex is somewhere obscure and I can't find it for reference.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 23, 2009, 09:37:33 pm »

Or, give him a teleporter

Say what?  Is that some 2nd Edition thing I don't know about?  But yeah, I'm a fan of organic maneuverability myself.

"You know my Necron Lord and all these dudes? Yeah, now they're over here."

*Huggles veil of darkness*

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 23, 2009, 09:57:34 pm »

Here's the big question, how do you plan to get him near the enemy?  Command Squad + Rhino?

I would use the Captain, since Chap Master is a waste of points unless you are facing Meqs or Crons
Combie Flamer
Lightning Claw
MELTABOMB-You need anti-tank
And possibly Digital Weapons

=135 points IIRC

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 23, 2009, 10:00:35 pm »

I would use the Captain, since Chap Master is a waste of points unless you are facing Meqs or Crons

He's quite right about this.  The only difference between the Captain and Chapter Master is spending 25 points on a superbomb he has to stand still to use.  It's a nice bomb to be sure, but is it really necessary?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 199