Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170946 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #285 on: September 22, 2009, 07:51:49 am »

Don't forget to give them a contrived name that stops being cool around the third time you say it.  Ooh, and model and paint your bases like the guys are standing over lava-filled cracks in the earth.  Awesome stuff.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 22, 2009, 07:59:41 am »

After writing that i kind of want to start a Space Marine army now. Excuse me while i go stick my head into a gauss generator like the traitor i am.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 22, 2009, 08:30:12 am »

Don't forget to give them a contrived name that stops being cool around the third time you say it.  Ooh, and model and paint your bases like the guys are standing over lava-filled cracks in the earth.  Awesome stuff.

The Crow Ravens

The Crimson Bloods

The Vengeance Avengers

The Emperor's Imperators

The Christmas Crusaders

The Emperor's Boot

The Fightan Mareens

Pauldrons!
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 22, 2009, 08:32:53 am »

Pauldrons!

I like it. If i make a Space Marine Chapter it will totally be called the Purple Pauldrons, just to give me an excuse to use all this purple paint.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 22, 2009, 08:36:39 am »

Pauldrons!

I like it. If i make a Space Marine Chapter it will totally be called the Purple Pauldrons, just to give me an excuse to use all this purple paint.

Am I the only one thinking it'd be a great laugh to enter in a Golden Demon contest, an army of Marines with pauldrons so huge they're just heads sticking out from two hemispheres?  Because I'd do it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 22, 2009, 08:39:10 am »

Pauldrons!

Am I the only one thinking it'd be a great laugh to enter in a Golden Demon contest, an army of Marines with pauldrons so huge they're just heads sticking out from two hemispheres?  Because I'd do it.

It's such a pity you don't live in Melbourne, i would totally do that.

And stubby little legs, they need stubby little legs.

Samyotix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 22, 2009, 08:41:54 am »

I hope you guys fucked up with the glue the first time too. I'd hate to be alone in this.

Most of the plastic jet airplanes I glued together as a kid have a milk-glass window ... because as soon as you think "Please let's not spill the glue over the transparent bits again" there's a *clink* next to your left elbow...

Hm, Warhammer ... I only ever painted a BloodBowl team and a handful of adventurers for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, but no armies.

Another suggestion for noob painters: Start with the cheapo plastic ones.

... and save ALL of the bits you don't use: Plastic weapons, half of a Bolter, a hand you cut off to attach that old fountain pen as a flamethrower, the spare left arm left over from something. As you expand your army, you may want to modify individual pieces, and it helps to have a plastic box full of sawn-off body parts.

(A friend of mine was quite a genius at this: He molded his own, almost foot-tall dragons. When one of his Orcs killed my human Star Player ogre in BloodBowl, he bought the Ogre figure, sawed off its face, painted it sickly green with tongue hanging out, and mounted that on the victorious orc as a knee protector.
The rest of the Oger went into the spare parts bin and was eventually melted into a small dragon.)

Also keep your eyes open for unusual shapes: I've seen game tables (castles and walls and destroyed artillery) made from plastic bits someone found after fixing a computer, or after kicking his stereo too hard, or from the broken bits that the mechanic removed from a car engine. Plastic's nicer than styrofoam for building a table; some machined metal parts may just look great.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 08:48:00 am by Samyotix »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 22, 2009, 09:05:09 am »

Behold the greatest of the Emperor's Angels of Death;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
!!&!!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 22, 2009, 09:38:37 am »

I used to have some spacey marines, their chapter name was the "Oracles".

Dark angels green with Bleached Bone Pads and some details, like the vents on the Powerpacks and helmets. (dark angels gren on the centre stripe)

Smurf blue eyes with Purple Details, i even drew on different coloured Pad-linings to denote the squad, painted the friggen Cheverons onto the pads, along with a sign denoting the TYPE of squad.

Man, i'm obsessed, i do too much work on each model. Although, unfortunately, they had been painted before so they all look really Chunky.

Goddammit.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 22, 2009, 04:52:41 pm »

40K lore is crazy. Go nuts.

Would an "Imperial Diplomat" Space Marine legion be acceptable in the lore?

The Imperial Diplomats specialize in manlipuating convicing alien races to fight against a common enemy (Necrons or Chaos), and then wipe out the survivors. Save on ammo, you know. Plus the Eldars do that, so why not the humans?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 22, 2009, 05:18:59 pm »

Maybe a librarian-heavy chapter like the Blood Ravens. The only reason the Eldar are so good at manipulation is a) because they're ancient and b) because they have ludicrously powerful psykers.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 22, 2009, 05:26:33 pm »

Right! Cookie Cutter chapter with a name that becomes tired after a short while and probably many, many mistakes with the lore!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 05:32:31 pm by Jackrabbit »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 22, 2009, 05:29:29 pm »

Can we see the fruits of your peinting/modeling labour when thoust art finished?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2009, 05:30:51 pm »

Yes. I'm still working on it.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2009, 05:33:45 pm »

Yay.

Y'know what would be cool to do, and what i was attempting to do for my Mreenz, is modify your bolters, I made them "reaver pattern" by simply switching the magazine from a Bannana clip to a drum.

Oh, and adding a scope, just to be counter-intuitive.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 199