Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170871 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2009, 08:40:49 am »

I also feel i should add that Apocalypse is awesome; if you get the chance to play in an Apoc game. DU EET.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2009, 08:51:08 am »

I also feel i should add that Apocalypse is awesome; if you get the chance to play in an Apoc game. DU EET.

I don't need to post the picture again do I?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2009, 08:57:53 am »

Quote from: Awesome site
Space dwarves

Holy... beard?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2009, 09:15:50 am »

I don't need to post the picture again do I?

Toasters got their asses shafted off in Apocalypse. Sure the Monolith formation is nice and Pylons are excellent Anti-Baneblade detterals, but something else would be nice.

I've actually got a dozen 'supernecron' models i custom designed for shits and giggles which me and th guys at my local GW have been working out rules for Apocalypse games, just to break up the monotony of a 6000 point toaster army.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2009, 09:20:21 am »

I've actually got a dozen 'supernecron' models i custom designed for shits and giggles which me and th guys at my local GW have been working out rules for Apocalypse games, just to break up the monotony of a 6000 point toaster army.

Like this?

Okay, I really need to stop.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2009, 09:28:56 am »

Actually one of the models was in fact inspired by that image. Except it's more spidery (Monolith split into 4 legs, nonhumanoid, gigantic 'tail' with a flux arc projector on the end).

I've got a Tomb Stalker too. And an Abattoir, and, my personal favorite, the Soulspike. It's a big pillar of Necron skulls, and it stabs you in the soul.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2009, 03:26:02 pm »

I'm not really sure which army to get. I'm leaning towards Ork or IG, but I should base it on my typical tactics (Hit from long range, then charge into melee/short range)

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2009, 03:28:11 pm »

Orks

Use Lootaz and stuff like that to hit hard long range, and then combat with Slugga Boys

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2009, 06:26:08 pm »

Yeah, Orks or Marines are your best bet for combined long-range short-range combat. The other races tend  to either specialize in one or the other, or just be wierd.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2009, 06:31:45 pm »

Well, the Eldar can pull it off pretty well, just no with the same units.  Dark Reapers and Pathfinders for long range fire support, Scorpions and Banshees for close combat.  And of course, Dire Avengers can pull both off fairly well, if you consider 24" to be "long range".

Of course being Eldar, they're all made of plasticine, so they might not fit your style if you're into Marines and Orks.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2009, 06:39:53 pm »

Well, the Eldar can pull it off pretty well, just no with the same units.  Dark Reapers and Pathfinders for long range fire support, Scorpions and Banshees for close combat.  And of course, Dire Avengers can pull both off fairly well, if you consider 24" to be "long range".

Of course being Eldar, they're all made of plasticine, so they might not fit your style if you're into Marines and Orks.

That's the important part.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2009, 06:45:32 pm »

Plus Eldar are...well...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2009, 06:54:14 pm »

Best tag line ever. I'm so using that on Kevin next time i see him.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2009, 07:01:17 pm »

I used to do Wh40k.
And, yes, space marines.

I used to screw with the formula though, using a rule me and my friends agreed on:
Anything Goes, but don't break the points limit and be reasonable.

For example: The Super-Dreadnought, exactly the same as a dreadnought, but with every single weapon it can use glued to it. The points costs for the weapons also doubled for every extra weapon it used.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2009, 08:21:08 pm »

You mean 18" right? Or do you mean 6" move + 18" range? Because Avenger Shuriken Catapults are 18" assault Bolters
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 199