Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170822 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2009, 06:51:35 am »

I'd say eBay but that comes with unseen problems.

Why the hell does Games Workshop charge so much anyway?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2009, 06:53:14 am »

Profit.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2009, 06:56:26 am »

I was thinking more the fact that some things are so powerful you shouldn't be able to buy a lot of them, but then I thought, 'points'...

Why can't we have a nice megacorporation for once?

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2009, 07:40:09 am »

You know, other then Praxis from the Red Mars trilogy, I've never actually seen a non-villainous one.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2009, 08:53:16 am »

@BuriBuriZaemon: Do you know where the nearest GW shop is?

I suspect I'm going to Singapore, real soon, if I got the scholarship (I hope :P)

In Indonesia? I don't know any that was still running before I left to Australia, one and a half years ago. You may need to go to Singapore, although I've never known whether they have a store there or not.

Just wondering, anyone rich enough to buy The Spear of Sicarius?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:56:44 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2009, 09:19:23 am »

If your looking for something other than the little itsy bitsey hoomans and orkz fighting on a tiny map. Try out Battle Fleet Gothic. Space battles ftw.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2009, 11:19:03 am »

I'm looking at the Games Workshop site because I'm thinking about what side I'd play as. I think that the Imperial Guard fit my preferred tactics very well, but to get Assault on Black Reach, a Cadian Battleforce, an Imperial Guard Cadian Command Squad, an Imperial Guard Chimera, a Imperial Guard Leman Russ Battle Tank and an Imperial Guard Codex costs a total of $477 Australian. If I leave out the tank and the command squad, it's still $367. If I switch Assault on Black Reach with the rulebook, it's $348. I'd be willing to pay either of those last two. Anyone got any advice or recommendations for me, keeping in mind that this is all theoretical and I'm not about to go out and buy anything?

You don't need the Assault on Black Reach package at all.  That's an introductory box with a stripped down rulebook, some scenery bits, and piecemeal set of Space Marine and Ork figures.  If you want to start a Guard army from scratch, just buy the Guard stuff.

Your list of stuff to buy is a little odd to me.  A Battleforce set plus a Command Squad actually isn't enough units for a basic army - you'll need more infantry.  Trust me, the best way to start is to get the Codex, then decide how you want to build an army, before buying any figures.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2009, 02:36:12 am »

I'm looking at the Games Workshop site because I'm thinking about what side I'd play as. I think that the Imperial Guard fit my preferred tactics very well, but to get Assault on Black Reach, a Cadian Battleforce, an Imperial Guard Cadian Command Squad, an Imperial Guard Chimera, a Imperial Guard Leman Russ Battle Tank and an Imperial Guard Codex costs a total of $477 Australian. If I leave out the tank and the command squad, it's still $367. If I switch Assault on Black Reach with the rulebook, it's $348. I'd be willing to pay either of those last two. Anyone got any advice or recommendations for me, keeping in mind that this is all theoretical and I'm not about to go out and buy anything?

You don't need the Assault on Black Reach package at all.  That's an introductory box with a stripped down rulebook, some scenery bits, and piecemeal set of Space Marine and Ork figures.  If you want to start a Guard army from scratch, just buy the Guard stuff.

Your list of stuff to buy is a little odd to me.  A Battleforce set plus a Command Squad actually isn't enough units for a basic army - you'll need more infantry.  Trust me, the best way to start is to get the Codex, then decide how you want to build an army, before buying any figures.
Thanks. This is exactly the sort of thing I asked for. There is a shop nearish to me that sells WH40K stuffin Ararat so that might be useful to me.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2009, 08:25:38 am »

Thanks. This is exactly the sort of thing I asked for. There is a shop nearish to me that sells WH40K stuffin Ararat so that might be useful to me.
In Ararat?

And if its a Hobby Town you can get a Hobby Card.
10% first purchase, 5% off others.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2009, 08:47:04 am »

Oh yeah, I am going to Singapore anyways.

How much is a Tau army, anyway?

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2009, 11:17:53 am »

Probably a lot, like all the other armys.

Battlefleet Gothic FTW!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2009, 11:38:16 am »

Oh yeah, I am going to Singapore anyways.

How much is a Tau army, anyway?
Medium depending on what you take.
Hordes cost alot.
MEQs(Marines & Their Equivalents) cost are low

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2009, 02:19:08 am »

Personally i like fantasy more than 40k. I play with a high elf army. They are the cool elves not the treehuggers

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2009, 02:45:04 am »

IndonesiaWarMinister: Try this store, the only one in Indonesia listed on GW website.

Mall Taman Anggrek Lt 3 no 332
Jakarta
Indonesia
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2009, 02:55:08 am »

Allright... I'll hunt for that shop when I have time.

For now, I'm satisfied with DoWII (Yeah, I just got it)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 199