Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170807 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2009, 03:39:57 am »

I don't know what you people are complaining about.  Even at the ridiculous prices listed on the Games Workshop online store, most armies can build a 1000 point force for less than $300.  Even at minimum wage, that's about a week's pay.  What do you spend on other stuff that a one time outlay of $300 is too much?  It's a hobby after all.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2009, 03:57:24 am »

I'm a child.

But yeah, minimum wage is still enough to get me a good sized army. Even if it's less than adult minimum wage.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2009, 03:58:41 am »

Huh. I always imagined that you were, like, late teens or something. Your declaration of childhood has put you in a whole new perspective for me. It's confusing.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2009, 03:58:50 am »

I don't know what you people are complaining about.  Even at the ridiculous prices listed on the Games Workshop online store, most armies can build a 1000 point force for less than $300.  Even at minimum wage, that's about a week's pay.  What do you spend on other stuff that a one time outlay of $300 is too much?  It's a hobby after all.

But I need 5 new PS3 games...

Huh. I always imagined that you were, like, late teens or something. Your declaration of childhood has put you in a whole new perspective for me. It's confusing.

Makes perfect sense to me.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2009, 03:59:32 am »

I'm close to reaching late teens. Teen=child, at least for me.

Why do you think I quit hellMOO? It was wrong and blasphemous and also I got bored!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2009, 04:00:25 am »

I'm close to reaching late teens. Teen=child, at least for me.

Cartoon Characters never grow old.  Unless they're Japanese, then maybe they might after a few hundred episodes.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2009, 04:01:12 am »

Confusing. Where are we going with this?

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2009, 04:01:46 am »

Confusing. Where are we going with this?

No where really, I just really like your avatar.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2009, 04:09:22 am »

Me too.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2009, 08:52:50 am »

I want to play...

But GW don't open shops here.

FOR TEH GREATER GOOD!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

They did, in our capital city, once. Very long time ago. It was the only shop in the country, I think, and it didn't sell well due to the price tags of Warhammer products, so it switched to selling Pokemon (and other trademarked) trading cards. Yeah, imagine that, switching from Warhammer to Pokemon, lol.

I did buy a starter's painting kit and a Chimera tank (I think it was that one). That was my first and last purchase of Warhammer products. Was (and still is) too expensive to maintain as a hobby, so I gave up on it.

I knew a friend of mine whose brother was an avid Warhammer collector, though. He didn't play it (it was/is relatively unaffordable in my poor, developing home country, so he might not find anyone else playing it), but what he did was he bought the models, paint them very neatly, and then put them on display.

Nonetheless, my ex's brother-in-law has been a Warhammer player since he was young and he still has his models now. If only I had the money to play with him.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2009, 04:42:42 pm »

They usually drop the prices of stuff at conventions so they can sell more of merchandise to the tons of people walking past, and don't have to lug all of it back to the shop.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2009, 02:58:41 am »

I'm looking at the Games Workshop site because I'm thinking about what side I'd play as. I think that the Imperial Guard fit my preferred tactics very well, but to get Assault on Black Reach, a Cadian Battleforce, an Imperial Guard Cadian Command Squad, an Imperial Guard Chimera, a Imperial Guard Leman Russ Battle Tank and an Imperial Guard Codex costs a total of $477 Australian. If I leave out the tank and the command squad, it's still $367. If I switch Assault on Black Reach with the rulebook, it's $348. I'd be willing to pay either of those last two. Anyone got any advice or recommendations for me, keeping in mind that this is all theoretical and I'm not about to go out and buy anything?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2009, 03:04:40 am »

@BuriBuriZaemon: Do you know where the nearest GW shop is?

I suspect I'm going to Singapore, real soon, if I got the scholarship (I hope :P)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2009, 04:12:02 am »

Man did I run into a bit of luck. My friend apparently played tyranids and he gave me a full tactical space marine squad he never used. It's missing one person, but whatever, still awesome.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2009, 06:49:30 am »

Oh, and this is what I was going to ask before I found out about this thread. What is the cheapest way to get into WH40K that you know of?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 199