Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170747 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 09:56:43 am »

Well, I really like Space Marines because, hey, I'm new and they're frigging production line Chuck Norris. But if they're overpowered like you say, then no.

Another obvious one would Imperial Guard, who I also really like.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 09:57:59 am »

Tyranids are good for beginners, they're rules mean they can literally PEG IT towards the enemy, they friggen RESPAWN, and they have some cool shit.

Eldars have a lot of nice tech, too bad they look like pussies.

Oh, and Da Boyz? they are goooooooood, lotsa special rules, and also a Converter's dream.
No. Tyranids respawning cost +3 points per model and if you played them you would know not to. Specially in an Anhilation game.

Orks are good. Anything they specialize in, they will be the best at.

IG? Meh. They are okay, but kinda cheap, since they have the best tanks. And they are kind of confusing. Lots of stuff.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 10:01:57 am »

I started with ultramarines, then went on to grab Tau, I love them, they can actually be very tactical if you play them right, it's mostly about maneuvering into the right position to blow them up from, but I have noticed that most other players tend just to spam legions of fire warriors, as opposed to my tactics that favours hammerheads and battlesuits.

Necrons are a team I wanted to play, they seem to have the major flaw of not having enough aggressive firepower for my tastes though. I like blowing things up, hence tau.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 10:02:26 am »

So what would you recommend as a starting army? Tactics I would favor are ranged combat, infantry based.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 10:02:58 am »

There are rules for playing as an armoured IG division. A dozen armored vehicles makes an appreciable main battle line.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2009, 10:03:31 am »

Ig has lotsa infantry, but if you really want GODLIKE firepower?

go TAU.

FOR THE GREATER FUCKING GOOD!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 10:03:44 am »

So what would you recommend as a starting army? Tactics I would favor are ranged combat, infantry based.
Tyranids or Orks.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2009, 10:04:33 am »

Neither seem rather focused on ranged combat. Except, is it the Bad Moonz with the Smug Gitz?

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2009, 10:05:42 am »

you mean Flash gitz.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 10:07:40 am »

Datz da one, lad!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 10:08:34 am »

Neither seem rather focused on ranged combat. Except, is it the Bad Moonz with the Smug Gitz?
That is a total lie. I cant out shoot any army even IG with orks. Lootas, Battlewagons, Warbikers, SHoota Boys, Big Meks with SHokk Attack Guns, Deffkoptas, Trukks, Grots, Nobz, and all that.
Ha!

Tyranids:Carnifexes, Warriors, Termagants, Spinegaunts, Biovores, and more but I dont really know Im not a Nid player!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2009, 10:08:55 am »

Flash Gits suck. Too expensive.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2009, 10:11:08 am »

When i eventually go to the Bay12 gatherings, we shoukd totally have a battle.

I'll make M'sen a Tau army i guess.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2009, 10:11:14 am »

Like I said, I'm new, I know nothing. Eldar don't really interest me, Orks do. Tyranids and Chaos don't.

I personally always loved the gritty fluff of the IG, and the bombast of the Space Marines, and the Knight Templar-ness of the Inquisition.

I don't play WH40k myself, but the universe is pure awesomesauce.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2009, 10:12:16 am »

It's not a lie, it's a lack of knowledge.

See, what drew me to the Space Marines in the first place was small scale squads, utilizing, oh, I don't know, a lot of military stuff, bases of fire, stuff like that, to defeat there enemy. I like the idea of planned infantry combat and from what I've seen IG try to drown their opponents in fire, Orks do much the same except they actually try and close in and give you a beat down. I don't know much about the Tau.

Still, whatever, I'll learn. I gotta say, everything seems so overpowered that they balance each other out.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:14:38 am by Jackrabbit »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 199