Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170742 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2925 on: May 08, 2011, 10:04:16 pm »

Heh, oops.

The one piece of fluff for the Spiders I can recall with any clarity was how a regiment was killed to a man making sure the rest of the retreating army could escape the planet they were on. I can just see them splitting along old gang lines and each taking a bit of the front line to hold in their own way: ex-Goliaths with some heavy weaponry but mostly just angry, hulking men smashing everything nearby; Van Saars delivering a withering hail of fire; Delaque hiding and delivering a sucker punch to their foes, etc.

Old fluff is awesome fluff, they're a forgotten regiment now.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: May 09, 2011, 03:29:10 am »

so just an question: what IG regiment do you like? krieg for me (they are the fearless guys who climbed an 100+ metres high cliff just to win).
I have no favorite regiment. Although I have a slight fondness for Catachans, it's only because I see them as the most Aussie of the official regiments. I dislike the Moradians because to me they sound like arseholes. Of the others talked about in the current codex, Cadians are ok; Vallhallans and Vostroyans are fine; Tallarns are nice; Attilans and Elysians meh; and the Steel Legion, Death Korps, and First and Only are all cool. But not one appeals to me, nor do any others I've read about.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: May 09, 2011, 05:37:15 am »

The Catachans were based off of US Marines in Vietnam, or so I've heard. But yeah, I do see Australian in them. And it only helps that everyone in the 41st Millennium speaks with an English, or English-based accent.
According to Final Liberation, Ultramarines, and Dawn of War, at least.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: May 09, 2011, 12:06:51 pm »

Mordian Iron Guard.

/thread

8)

Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: May 11, 2011, 05:52:06 am »

The Catachans were based off of US Marines in Vietnam, or so I've heard.
That's interesting.

But yeah, I do see Australian in them. And it only helps that everyone in the 41st Millennium speaks with an English, or English-based accent.
That's probably got a lot to do with the fact that GW is a British company.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: May 11, 2011, 07:49:31 am »

Started in my old hometown. Means I can go to Warhammer World quite easily.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: May 11, 2011, 11:06:46 am »

Dark Eldar Players may be interested that there are new kits up for preorder on the GW website.....

Cronos/Talos, Scourges, and the Venom. I like them all, might get a venom or two.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: May 22, 2011, 12:38:52 pm »

I just got soundly trashed by an Eldar Player, I was playing Witch Hunters. First turn consisted of him blowing the Organ off the top of my Exorcist and stunning my Land Raider, second turn he blows both up, and after that his Vehicles and Wraithlords just rampaged around for a while, as I had nothing to stop them. On the upside, Inquisitorial Retinues and SoB squads are hard as nails.

Really annoying thing was he never missed a lance shot with that Wave Serpent all game. I can never hit or penetrate with Lances, he made it look easy.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: May 22, 2011, 01:38:00 pm »

The Catachans were based off of US Marines in Vietnam, or so I've heard. But yeah, I do see Australian in them. And it only helps that everyone in the 41st Millennium speaks with an English, or English-based accent.
They where actually based on both sides of the war the design asthetic is pure Vietnam Marines the tactics are mostly Viet Kong inspired.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: May 28, 2011, 06:55:19 pm »

Finally got Retribution but I have a question. I never got around to playing Chaos Rising. Am I missing out on anything?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: May 28, 2011, 08:59:58 pm »

Other than the entire set up and introduction of the plot no.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: July 01, 2011, 06:01:04 am »

Hello, is there a more experienced player willing to have a V40K game with me tomorrow morning, about 9 AM my time (GMT+10)?
The only thing is, I still haven't gotten around to reading the vehicle rules, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
My full sig

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: July 02, 2011, 02:01:36 am »

Anyone tried any of the new 'Finecast' models? I have heard a lot of mixed reports about their quality, and I was wondering what other WH 40k fans thought.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: July 03, 2011, 04:34:13 am »

Last time I looked at the GW site, an Imperial Guard Battleforce cost 150 AUD. I just discovered that they now cost 190, which is about 127 pounds and thus just short of twice the British price, and 85 AUD (or, if you prefer, 90 USD) more than Americans pay*. How the bloody hell can they justify that?

*Conversions made using xe.com

EDIT: Corrected a stupid mathematical error.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 05:07:44 am by Archangel »
My full sig

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: July 06, 2011, 02:02:10 am »

Yeah, even as an American, the prices strike me as rather ridiculous. I used to do models before I got into 40k, and it is fairly simple to find
cheap, high quality WWII infantry models with tons of extra bits. GW kits, by comparison, seem to usually have too few of specific weapons (if they
come with the kit at all) to outfit a squad completely with a single box (one razorflail per wych box, etc). Combined with the price, it makes buying GW a difficult
choice for me right off the bat, but some of their recent choices have really made me question whether I should continue buying from them. (finecast
models costing more then metal despite being cheaper+miscasts, trying to keep distributors selling GW to places like Australia for prices that approach reasonable,
putting Witch Hunters in a White Dwarf Codex, etc etc.)

I would like for them to get their act together, and I love the Dark Eldar models, but I'm not sure now is the time for me to buy more GW products.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 199