Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170981 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2565 on: November 25, 2010, 12:36:19 am »

No, I always pronounce it Zeench.
Shoes...

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: November 25, 2010, 12:41:40 am »

I pronounce it so the you can actually hear the T. My friend pronounces is Tzeenitch, and the T sound is the loudest out of all of them. My other friend pronounces it much like Cthulhu does.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: November 25, 2010, 12:45:59 am »

Another stunning revelation that hit me a while ago is that Nurgle isn't the god of death, he's a chaosified god of life.

Makes even more sense when you realize that Nurgle was ripped off wholesale from the Babylonian god Nergal, patron of life and death, the sun, and... diseases.

Slaanesh, Khorne, and Tzeentch were probably all drawn from similar inspiration, just with better deviant spelling.  The symbolism is there though.  Khorne, god of honor, duty, warfare, and pride.  Slaanesh, the god of love, passion, artistry, and joy.  Tzeentch, the god of knowledge and so forth, who actually draws a lot of inspiration from the real "worship" of Odin - Odin was the Norse god of knowledge, but no one really "worshiped" him.  They just attributed to him anything they didn't understand.  "Why do bad things happen to good people?  Because Odin wanted it to happen, and he's the god of wisdom, so don't argue or you'll make him mad."
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: November 25, 2010, 11:13:02 am »

I'll be hanging around vassal for awhile probably.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: November 25, 2010, 01:54:02 pm »

Cthulhu, true to form, is officially marked for greatness by Tzeentch as the dice almost never failed for him or succeeded for me.

Cthulhu cheats, I'm sure of it. Maybe he knows a hack in Vassal's code.

Or he gives regular cunnilingus to Lady Luck.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: November 25, 2010, 02:04:42 pm »

Can it be both?
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: November 25, 2010, 02:20:26 pm »

I suppose.

Talking about giving oral sex to gods of chance, the chargen rules in Deathwatch are herptarded.

2d10+30, IN ORDER?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: November 25, 2010, 02:54:07 pm »

Don't worry about it, your unnatural characteristics mean strength and toughness are going to be superhuman regardless of what you roll, and you can reroll one result of your choosing.

The only real major issue I've seen with Deathwatch is that damage rolls can sometimes get difficult to manage.  Roll well with a heavy bolter and you're looking at potentially eight to ten hits, all of which are 2d10+10 and tearing.
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: November 25, 2010, 03:05:24 pm »

Feck you, Lady Luck. Everything is completely meh, except Perception(!!), Strength, and Toughness.

Sigh.

Re-roll going to BS: 10, how slightly-below-average.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: November 25, 2010, 03:10:37 pm »

Just spend your XP on attribute boosts and play a character that fits your strengths, you'll be okay.
Shoes...

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: November 25, 2010, 04:56:01 pm »

Question for anyone who happens to know. Does a IG Storm Trooper squad with Airborne Assault get to reroll on a scatter when deploying out the grav shoot of a Valkyrie?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: November 25, 2010, 05:32:11 pm »

Woo hoo.
Also, another meh.

So, yeah.

For anyone else interested in Cfoo's game, I'm going Dark Angel Devastator.

...Is anyone else interested in Cfoo's game? Besides Aqizzar

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: November 25, 2010, 05:55:30 pm »

I am.

But yeah, come on guys.  We still need two or three more people.
Shoes...

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: November 25, 2010, 11:02:57 pm »

Just put together a 2000 point loldar list, but I don't have much experience with them aside from my jetbike armies, so if someone who's played them a bit more could weigh in, I'd appreciate it.

Code: [Select]
Eldar: 2000
  Farseer: 143
    Doom +25
    Fortune +30
    Runes of witnessing +10
    Spirit Stones +20
    Singing Spear +3
  Warlocks: 523
    Warlock +25x10
    Jetbikes +20x10
    Enhance +15
    Conceal +15
    Embolden +5x8
    Singing Spear +3
  Howling Banshees: 317
    Howling Banshee +16x10
    Exarch: +32
      Mirrorswords +10
      War Shout +5
      Acrobatic +5
    Wave Serpent: 125
      Shuriken Cannons +10
      Star Engines +15
      Spirit Stones +10
  Rangers: 240
    Ranger +24x10
      Pathfinder +5
  Rangers: 240
    Ranger +24x10
      Pathfinder +5
  Dark Reapers: 217
    Dark Reaper +35x5
    Exarch +12
    Tempest Launcher +20
    Crack Shot +10
  2x Fire Prism +115: 320
    Shuriken Cannon +10x2
    Holo-fields +35x2

I'm a little doubtful about putting the warlocks on jetbikes, even though that toughens them up a bit, and gives them a lot more mobility, it still costs a fuckton. Also not sure about the dark reapers, since they cost more than a fire prism and all.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: November 26, 2010, 10:25:08 pm »

Question for anyone who happens to know. Does a IG Storm Trooper squad with Airborne Assault get to reroll on a scatter when deploying out the grav shoot of a Valkyrie?
Yes, the way it's written that's strongly implied, and were it meant otherwise the errata would have revised it. The grav chute entry reads "deploy as if deepstriking", so a "reroll when deepstriking" rule would apply.

I just finished reading through the new deldar codex. I like the new designs, and the expanded fluff. The new stats look decent, but then I never bothered to learn the old ones, so I'm not sure how much improvement there was. The fact that a new deldar army trounced cthulhu's chaos marines is heartening, but then that might just have been luck. I don't like that v40k lacks most of the information for them, or that they didn't bother finishing the model designs before releasing the codex...
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 199