Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171041 times)

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2460 on: November 20, 2010, 04:25:02 pm »

AoBR models aren't as detailed, but they're designed with newbies in mind. They have less detail for the simple fact that it's easier to paint, and it's pretty much totally uncustomisable and have less parts because it's easier to build. You can build the entire kit without any glue, all the units fit together quite nicely without, even the Dethkoptas and the Dreadnought, albeit with a lot less detail than the separate boxed Dreadnought/Dethkopta. However, they still do look nice, but you can get nicer.
If you're new to 40k, or you just want a nice, not so expensive addition to either army to get it on the table as quick as possible, it's a good buy.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: November 20, 2010, 05:05:14 pm »

THIS DAY BELONGS TO CHAOS

THE DICE GOD ARE HERETICS and Jesus you were bloody lucky with those Armour and Invuln saves.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: November 20, 2010, 05:17:01 pm »

I'd quite like to play Vassal, however I'm very, very new to actually playing the tabletop. I have the rulebook on hand, and can do things with a little bit of hand holding, if people are willing to put up with my newbishness. It's very hard to find games in my area, and I usually have to travel out of my way to get to my nearest gaming place.

ArbitraryII

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: November 20, 2010, 05:37:30 pm »

So I wander into Bay12 to see that there is an active 40k community and you play Vassal. I love this place already!  ;D

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: November 20, 2010, 05:51:10 pm »

Not too active.  We just got this thing back on its feet like yesterday.

But yeah, as of now active.

I'm also going to use this moment to say I'm considering hooking some jumper cables up to my languishing Deathwatch campaign, seeing as last time it died before even crossing the starting line.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:03:35 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: November 20, 2010, 06:34:18 pm »

Not too active.  We just got this thing back on its feet like yesterday.

But yeah, as of now active.

I'm also going to use this moment to say I'm considering hooking some jumper cables up to my languishing Deathwatch campaign, seeing as last time it died before even crossing the starting line.

*Generic INterest post*
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: November 20, 2010, 07:13:36 pm »

Chaos Playas, what do you think?  What should I change?  I'm getting rid of the land raider and termies most likely, they only got into the fight on turn 5 and didn't accomplish much.
Shoes...

ArbitraryII

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: November 20, 2010, 07:31:07 pm »

Personally I'd get some vanilla CSMs to pad out your troops. Get more boots on the ground/capping units.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: November 20, 2010, 07:32:18 pm »

Yeah, I just got done doing that.  Last game my win basically came down to putting my Rubrics on his cap point at T6.
Shoes...

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: November 20, 2010, 07:45:47 pm »

Alright, I got a 2k Ork army list up, pretty man heavy and built to be fun to play as/against instead of using kunning tactics. Anytime someone wants a game, I'm up for it, though I am very new so I'll need quite a bit of help. I have a rulebook on hand, though.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: November 20, 2010, 07:46:00 pm »

Chaos Playas, what do you think?  What should I change?  I'm getting rid of the land raider and termies most likely, they only got into the fight on turn 5 and didn't accomplish much.

I'd consolidate the Obliterators into two groups, and take that big Daemon Engine thing with the battlecannon.  Maybe dump one of the heroes to free some points, and load up on Rubric Marines.

I might post my preliminary Loldar list.  It's pretty shooty.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: November 20, 2010, 08:01:41 pm »

I dropped the chaos lord and termis with their landraider and got two squads of CSM with rhinos for taking and holding objectives, since I don't really trust slow and surefooted or whatever when it comes to last minute point grabs.

Also, I'm keeping three squads of Oblits because three lascannons/multimeltas/etc. will probably be overkill against anything but landraiders and the like, and if it's not I have two more squads to use.  Feels more flexible.

I'm making another army for playing against Orks and Guard and the like.  Interestingly, the points cost for the troops I'm using is an anagram for the points cost of the Rubrics in my other army.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:06:39 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: November 20, 2010, 09:44:22 pm »

I'll be hanging around on vassal while I work on some new troop lists, if anyone wants to play send me a wake up call.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: November 21, 2010, 01:13:45 am »

Shield Drones are basically the dumbest thing ever.
Shoes...

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: November 21, 2010, 01:28:01 am »

I kind of want to make a 2000 point IG infantryspam army just for the whole "fills up most of the board" and "more soldiers than can actually be killed in a game" factors. :P

Anyone feel like a 1000 point game? I want to try out my other IG army list. >:3
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:46:26 am by Sir Pseudonymous »
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 199