Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171057 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2415 on: September 29, 2010, 12:35:33 pm »

Well, I'll be damned.  Another round of people saying "yeah it could be fun, sounds fun, I'd consider trying it".  Nobody ever comes through.  I almost had Jackrabbit and Lumbajack on board, then they got distracted, and now Cthulhu's dropping hints?  I'm going to join your ethereal Deathwatch game just to pitch Gorkamorka at every opportunity.

Hey, don't forget to post pics of whatever you're painting.  Don't want to leave those irons in the fire too long.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: September 29, 2010, 01:44:09 pm »

Aqizzar, I damn well said straight up, "I wanna GorkaMorka". And you didn't follow up on it. You just kinda let it die.

I STILL wanna GorkaMorka.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: September 29, 2010, 01:44:50 pm »

I'll show you, Aqizzar! I'll make myself a mob, or whatever they're called in Gorkamorka, and I'll challenge you to a game!

Gonna have to be over Vassal, though. I'm fairly sure I don't live anywhere near you.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: September 29, 2010, 01:46:32 pm »

I wanna Gorkamorka, but I have stuff on the side.  That won't stop me from Gorkamorkin' though, once I learn da roolz
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: September 29, 2010, 08:25:15 pm »

I'd like to point out I got distracted by a suggestion you and Jude made.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: September 29, 2010, 08:39:33 pm »

I almost had Jackrabbit and Lumbajack on board, then they got distracted

If you'd recall we're both just waiting for Jack.

I'm still good to go.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: September 29, 2010, 08:41:56 pm »

For the record, I always wanted to play Gorkamorka more, but GURPS was always a close second for me.

I'm stoked for playing Gorkamorka any way possible.  About a year ago, I used the Warhammer VASSAL module to play a test game against myself.  I've said this many times, because I've been pitching this for a year and never gotten a single taker.

No, I am not bitter.  I just love the ethos of Gorkamorka.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
ITT We contradict Aqizzar a dozen times over
« Reply #2422 on: September 29, 2010, 08:45:42 pm »

So yeah again when are we gonna play that
lolololol

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: September 30, 2010, 07:15:18 am »

Seriously, you keep saying no takers.

Maybe I need to be clear.

As soon as I learn Da Roolz, and look through Da Uvver Book if it's necessary, and decide on a team, I will Gorkamorka with you or anyone else interested (As long as they're not irritating)
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: September 30, 2010, 12:30:16 pm »

As soon as I learn Da Roolz, and look through Da Uvver Book if it's necessary, and decide on a team, I will Gorkamorka with you or anyone else interested (As long as they're not irritating)

Ain't that just the eternal fucking struggle?  But yeah, I'm game anytime I can make it online for a few hours.  This weekend might be perfect, don't know yet.  Da Uvver Book isn't strictly necessary for the matter of playing the game itself, but if you're worried about building rules-legal and point-total-legal gangs, and there's no reason not to, that's where it's laid out.  The rest of the book is about campaigns which, while hilarious, is a pretty lofty goal at this point.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: November 19, 2010, 03:56:05 pm »

Necroing this.  I've got a craving for some fourdykays, and I know Aqizzar does too.

Anyone else?  Maybe if we get enough people we could try to rekindle that tournament pipe dream or even try a campaign.  Barring that there's still plenty of room for pickup games if anyone's interested.  Is anyone interested?

Vassal, of course.
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: November 19, 2010, 04:46:44 pm »

Sure. The Insanely Baddass Autocannon Team shall return.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: November 19, 2010, 04:52:56 pm »

This is what I've always feared.  More Imperial Guard.  All the Imperial Guard.  We'll do a campaign and it'll be me as Chaos with 5 IG players.

Whatever, I'm all up in this.  I'm gonna need to make new lists, though.  I reformatted my computer and lost most of them, the only ones I still have are lolbad, like that one I used against Sir Pseudonymous.

How many points?

Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: November 19, 2010, 06:17:34 pm »

Up to you, really. We could do it a lolrandum way, roll a d6 then x500.

As for IG, probably won't be using the gits. Well, unless another 2v2 comes along.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 199