Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171186 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2220 on: April 16, 2010, 10:47:08 pm »

That's the idea with my army.

A Metric Shitton of Dakka. A literal WALL of lead.

I want to play you.  How many points is your list?
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: April 16, 2010, 10:49:29 pm »

Alright, I got over my warbike craze. Here's the list, redone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Proceed to heap abuse on me for my lackluster army making abilities.

By which I mean constructive criticism, if you please.

Looks solid; make sure the Warboss is in the Nob trukk with that Cybork body, since Cyborg is sloooooow.

Also; i would reccomend dropping something to put Nobz with Bosspoles in all your squads; with 10 Shoota Boyz you're not high enough to get the fearless Mob Rule, so you'll need those Bosspoles to avoid embarrising leadership failures.

Well, I just played against myself with a 1000 point Spesh murinsh army, because it's really easy to put together a good one of those. I lost, but only because I was exceedingly careless and lost all my Anti-tank troops. I learned two things. One, that Cybork body saved not a single wound, so I'm just giving him 'eavy armour next time, two, my boys get mowed down in one turn, so I need figure out how to get around that. More boyz? I'm kind of on a razor thin line with my points here. Maybe I should just have one big mob of boyz and count the Nobz group as a troops choice.

EDIT: Insofar as I can see, Cyborks aren't slower than regular Orks, they just have a 5+ invulnerable save.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:59:48 pm by Jackrabbit »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 16, 2010, 11:01:36 pm »

5+ invuln is a real hail mary.
Shoes...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 16, 2010, 11:04:27 pm »

Oh wait, i was getting Cybork Body mixed up with Mega Armor, nevermind.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 16, 2010, 11:16:43 pm »

Jack, you need to switch out the Shoota Boyz for Slugga Boyz. In a full mech list, there's no time to shoot. I'd also drop a deffkopta (do they all have buzz saws or just one? it's better with only one) in order to free up some more points, exchange the Grot Rigger with boarding planks, and get rid of some of the nobz big choppas for a Waaagh! banner.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 16, 2010, 11:23:46 pm »

Reworked it. I'm still up in the air about whether or not I should go for Cybork or 'eavy armor, but this is what it'd be if I go with 'Eavy Armor. I hope I haven't mucked up the adding up. As for boarding, I think that'd be a good idea, but only on the Trukk that my Warboss is on, so that's going in, and the choppas are back because really, these orks are going to be like two inches from the enemy when they disembark. I'm loath to give up my Deffkoptas because from what I've seen they can tear through enemies like a hot choppa through butter, so I won't. As for the Waaagh banner, nah. They seem to handle themselves well enough without it.

And yes, the Warboss rides with the nobz in the trukk.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:25:31 pm by Jackrabbit »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 16, 2010, 11:25:30 pm »

Choppa Boyz are only really worth it when on Trukks, when they are on Trukks they're totally worth it. If they're not on Trukks they're bawls.

Also remember to invoke your WAAAAGH!

I would seriously consider dropping the Koptas, at 350 points they're making up over a third of your army list, for 4 very fragile models. I just can't say Koptas are worth the points in 1k armies (they're totally worth it in 2k+ armies though.)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 16, 2010, 11:25:54 pm »

Yep. My Orks are Trukkers the lot of them.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 16, 2010, 11:29:18 pm »

So do you have the Koptas in reserve or deployed 1st turn?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 16, 2010, 11:30:32 pm »

They deploy first turn. It might be a good idea to keep them in reserve, but all my anti-tank troops are so fragile I want a lot of them in and doing damage fast.

Admittedly they'd do a lot of damage with the scout rule, but right now they're in immediately it depends on the situation and usually they're in straight away.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:32:58 pm by Jackrabbit »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 16, 2010, 11:37:34 pm »

I personal would have gone for a second squadron of buggies, I've had lousy experiences with Koptas.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 16, 2010, 11:38:17 pm »

Want to play me, Jackrabbit?
Shoes...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 16, 2010, 11:49:44 pm »

I personal would have gone for a second squadron of buggies, I've had lousy experiences with Koptas.

The big problem Koptas have is they're flying, which means they usually can't hide behind hills. That, combined with the fact that they're incredibly fragile makes them nightmares if they can get into melee with enemy vech's (Buzzsaws tear through enemy vech's like butter) but if caught in firing range they pop like soap bubbles

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 16, 2010, 11:50:44 pm »

Want to play me, Jackrabbit?

On you hop, then. I have a friend coming round but he's been delayed by a whole lot, so I've got time.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 17, 2010, 02:38:41 am »

So yeah, I need to become a better player, obviously, before I can use such an army effectively.

Edit: Okay, so my Koptas preformed... okay, that time round. I think I should have swapped them out for more buggies, but whatever. Turning from the path of the Speed Freek, I have done up another army, the last one I'm going to throw at you guys in hope for guidance tonight, promise.

Because more boyz is always a good thing. Also, I think there should be more than just a big shoota on the Deff Dread but I don't think a burna would be worth it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 03:14:57 am by Jackrabbit »
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 199