Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171231 times)

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2145 on: March 14, 2010, 06:27:52 am »

Huh, you're right. I was thinking of jetpacks. :/
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: March 21, 2010, 05:02:03 pm »

Quote from: Blood Angels Codex
Commander Dante and the 3rd Company battle the Necron Legions of the Silent King amidst the dusty wastes of Gehenna. For three weeks, neither side can seize the upper hand, with Dante’s tactical brilliance stretched to the limits countering the time-space manipulations of the Silent King. The Stalemate is broken only when a Tyranid splinter fleet enters orbit, forcing the two armies to break off hostilities to fight the common foe. The impromptu alliance proves to be the Tyranids’s undoing. Following the final battle at Devi’s Crag, Dante and the Silent King go their separate ways, both forces now too battle worn to guarantee victory over the other, and, at least for the Blood Angels, the idea of turning on those they so recently fought alongside, a rather distasteful one.

Real quote.  That is canon.

Spoiler: Pic related (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: March 21, 2010, 05:18:26 pm »

Blood Angels...

Allying with Necrons...

And then not wiping each other out...

Jesus fucking wept GW.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: March 21, 2010, 05:31:56 pm »

That picture.

Is.

Awesome.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: March 21, 2010, 05:37:47 pm »

Waitaminute.

I totally missed the most rediculous part of that:

The Blood Angels found the idea of turning on the Toasters after the fight distasteful because they had both fought against the 'Nids.

Every single Blood Angel in that battle is now guilty of Heresy of the highest order. The only way they could make it worse heresy would be to actively convert to Chaos worship.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: March 21, 2010, 05:41:01 pm »

And then give all the Necrons hugs. Like I said, the Reasonable Marine's methods are apparently gaining weight.

Even they wouldn't be that thick.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 05:47:45 pm by Jackrabbit »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: March 21, 2010, 05:48:43 pm »

Even the Reasonable Marines would think twice about allying with the Toasters.

This Comic says it all really.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: March 21, 2010, 05:49:33 pm »

I guh ber de ah hurglebhlurglebhluegle REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGG!!!!

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: March 21, 2010, 05:50:41 pm »

Yeah, they'd do everything they could to remove them as a threat. Really, that was a retarded move.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: March 21, 2010, 05:52:33 pm »

Reasonable marines only talk to creates that actually respond.

They'd jump out, let the 'crons and 'nids fight, and then they would wait until one of them was Kaput and then they would crush the remaining offender.

Wait a second... If it's an uninhabited tomb world, why didn they just Exterminatus it?

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: March 21, 2010, 05:54:54 pm »

Remember that these are Spess Marheens. GW will always contradict with the actual fluff if it make the armored bastards look good.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: March 21, 2010, 05:55:40 pm »

Toaster Lords have been known to talk, as they retain sufficient individuality to have a personality. So while in theory it would be possible to forge an alliance with them, they tend to not be reasonable, at all.

Also, if it was a Tomb World, why were the Nids there? It's a pretty solidly established canon fact that the Nids avoid Tomb Worlds for some as-yet unknown reason.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: March 21, 2010, 05:57:52 pm »

They avoid tomb worlds because there IS NO BIOMASS THERE.

'Nids don't bother with the 'crons, the 'Crond attack the 'Nids if they are bored.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: March 21, 2010, 06:03:31 pm »

Also, if it was a Tomb World, why were the Nids there? It's a pretty solidly established canon fact that the Nids avoid Tomb Worlds for some as-yet unknown reason.

Necrons don't get tired for some unknown reason too.

I will say that I kinda like the "story", as it gives real players license to play group games with different armies in alliances that should never ever be.  I do gripe a little with the setting that it's always "everybody at each other's throats all the time no matter what".

That said, the "story" was some pretty blatant violation of canon all the same, with the tiring Necrons and Space Marines pulling their MarineSue bullshit of "we vow to kill absolutely everyone all the time, except when we have the opportunity for a dramatic tableau so we can prove we're the good guys."  Games Workshop, I am disappoint.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: March 21, 2010, 06:04:28 pm »

I don't think the 'Crons are too interested in the 'Nids either; no souls. Although they'd probably want to get rid of them to remove the competition.

Not all tomb worlds are dead either; some have life, there's at least one instance of a jungle covered Tomb World. The 'Nids still ignore it, in fact they carefully go around any system with a Tomb World in it. It's hypothesized that the Hive Mind can sense the psychic dead zones that are the Toasters and wisely feels it's best to leave them undisturbed.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 199