Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171282 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2085 on: March 06, 2010, 11:49:01 pm »

This is the Blood Angels codex, the guys with the Battlebarge Litany of Litany's Litany.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: March 06, 2010, 11:52:16 pm »

Ah. Huh. Oh well. Still seems stupid.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: March 07, 2010, 12:02:36 am »

This is the Blood Angels codex, the guys with the Battlebarge Litany of Litany's Litany.

Isn't their big shtick supposed to be Assault squads or berserker rage or something?  What do all these crazy powerful vehicles have to do with that?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 07, 2010, 12:12:31 am »

Isn't their big shtick supposed to be Assault squads or berserker rage or something?  What do all these crazy powerful vehicles have to do with that?

Actually the Blood Angels army has always been one of the more vechicle oriented ones, their fluff is that they have a tendancy to occasionally go completely and irreversibly batshit insane during battle and then they get stapled into Dreadnaughts and chained to walls.

Or was that the Chaos Dreadnaughts? I can never remember.

The Wolf Wolves are the ones with the powerful close combat Spesh Muhreens, i remember that much.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: March 07, 2010, 07:47:55 am »

However, The Blood Angels do get Assault marines as troop choices, they are a C&C army, just a mechanised support one.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: March 07, 2010, 11:17:44 am »

Has anyone gotten the 5th edition nid book besides me yet?

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: March 07, 2010, 11:25:25 am »

nope.

i'm still waiting on the new ork one, i hope to god they put back some of the old ork units.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: March 07, 2010, 12:22:53 pm »

My friend has it.
We played a doubles game against a team of orks
We wre both tyranids.

Dual Parasite of Monthrax FTW

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 11, 2010, 12:46:43 pm »

Parasite of Monthrax

Parasite of Monthrax
 :'(

What are the special rules for that abomination?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: March 11, 2010, 04:21:29 pm »

Parasite of Monthrax

Parasite of Monthrax
 :'(

What are the special rules for that abomination?
Chances to impregnante outflankers with Ripper Swarms.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: March 11, 2010, 04:30:17 pm »

I've got the nid codex (I played IG originally). The parasite can create ripper swarms from any close combat kill. In general I find that the new nids are a lot of fun to play with. Very different than IG gunlines, but thats part of the fun.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: March 11, 2010, 05:00:14 pm »

Ya I wasn't sure if nids had been nerfed or boosted, seems like quite a few things were taken away but alot of stuff was added at the same time. One thing I was disapointed about was the ranged weapons arn't dependant on the stats of the unit mostly anymore but I suppose thats a minor gripe. Anyone know if whatever program we were using to play online with has been updated yet with the new units?

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: March 11, 2010, 06:22:03 pm »

Yes there have been graphics upgrades for Vassel.

As for the Blood Angels, they're not as OP as some of the people make them out to be. Yes, they do have scout outflanking baal predators that can take heavy flamers. Yes they have deep striking land raiders. Yes they have a librarian dreadnought. Yes they have a HQ choice with insane stats, but they are not impossible to beat, they still have weaknesses.

Plus, deep striking land raiders are not all that impressive considering how big they are and how often they would mishap.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: March 11, 2010, 06:27:46 pm »

As for the Blood Angels, they're not as OP as some of the people make them out to be. Yes, they do have scout outflanking baal predators that can take heavy flamers. Yes they have deep striking land raiders. Yes they have a librarian dreadnought. Yes they have a HQ choice with insane stats, but they are not impossible to beat, they still have weaknesses.

Plus, deep striking land raiders are not all that impressive considering how big they are and how often they would mishap.
Oh yes.
To the last part.
I mean, all you have to do is surround important units with weak ones aznd you cant get near to drop your termies onto them.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: March 11, 2010, 06:29:37 pm »

You lost me at outflanking baal predators.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 199