Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171346 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #960 on: October 29, 2009, 11:36:54 am »

The models are DAMN expensive in terms of points compared to the Boyz, and they HAVE to be equipped with Sluggaz and Choppaz.

This annoys me.

Also, I do see the use of A mob of Da' Ladz hopping out of a bunch of trees to go duff up some of those 'Eaviez, but it IS annoying that they don't even get 'Eavy Armour. Not even a Cybork body.

That's another thing, do you get to take Invulnerable/cover saves and the like as WELL as armour saves?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 29, 2009, 11:48:10 am »

No, only instead of. You should consider invul saves as cover saves outside of cover.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 29, 2009, 11:55:54 am »

Cocksicles.

This negates my need to have Cybork body on my Big Miek (Glitznaga) in a 500 point game.

People! Post your Army lists!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 29, 2009, 03:39:24 pm »

I'm a little surprised I haven't actually seen an army list yet.

As should be abundantly obvious by now, I'm a poseur who talks a big game and doesn't actually have an army.  Used to have some (badly painted) Thousand Sons (and not the kind with the ridiculous helmets), but I never had much success with them, and the models got obliterated in some bad moving.

But if there's anyone who's got an eye for this stuff, I did have a new Chaos Marine list in mind, since I might possibly kinda sorta have disposable (ain't that the word) income in the near future.  My heart belongs to the Guard of course, but fuck me if I'm going to paint all those guys.

It's a machine heavy army, intended to get up in the enemy's teeth and then shoot their teeth out.  The Predator is mainly to soak out infantry since the army is so thin on the ground.  The Lord and his Raptors (I'll call them The Magnificent Seven) obviously try to get into assault as quick as possible and daemon bomb the line wherever works best.  Bikes might do the job better, but they don't look that effective to me for their expense.

The biggest weakness is that the two infantry squads carry the only real anti-armor weapons, and they ain't much.  Hopefully I won't run into some cheesedick who brings a Land Raider or a Demolisher to a 1000 point game.  I know the Rhinos look a little funky, and are probably a waste of points, but they're based on a cool modeling idea I had.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 29, 2009, 03:46:05 pm »

It's currently having work done, and my 1000 and 1500 points lists are in the making, and i'm currently building up that 500 pointer.

Suggestions?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 29, 2009, 03:50:23 pm »

ALWAYS TAKE CYBORK BODY. ALWAYSSS....

1000 Army
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please dont use the Kustom Mega Blasta. Or at least take a Burna. You will almost never hit.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 29, 2009, 04:07:09 pm »

Glitznaga stays with the DakkaLadz.

A burna would be pointless from his range.

I can't take Cybork body, as i could not afford a Nob and Bosspole for said Nob.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 29, 2009, 04:27:03 pm »

Use to like it, but the retarded forum community and fake maps made me leave.

By fake maps i mean if you were to take a peice of paper, and draw lines on it, and your guys couldnt cross those lines, thats what DoW maps are. No height advantage, can shoot through 500 feet of steel and concrete, and somehow everyone has Xray vision.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 29, 2009, 07:45:38 pm »

We're discussing the tabletop game and some modding, not the videogame DoW. Which is a shootemup rts in comparison.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 29, 2009, 07:46:44 pm »

Quite. Wrong thread Micro.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 29, 2009, 07:53:33 pm »

Wrong thread entirely.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 29, 2009, 07:58:04 pm »

Actually, i believe in the fifth edition there is a WH40K Mission type called Dawn Of War.

I can't recall the rules and restrictions, but he MAY have been referring to that.

I highly doubt it though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 29, 2009, 08:00:46 pm »

Could be.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 29, 2009, 08:08:35 pm »

Actually, i believe in the fifth edition there is a WH40K Mission type called Dawn Of War.

I can't recall the rules and restrictions, but he MAY have been referring to that.

I highly doubt it though.
No.Dawn of War deployment type is not a game with fake maps!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 29, 2009, 08:20:25 pm »

Fair enough.

I was simply attempting to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Also, the wide-apart legs from the Burnaz sprue are perfect for dynamic Big Shoota operators.

So is the bandana head.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 199