Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171312 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #885 on: October 16, 2009, 12:58:41 pm »

Check the last post for the new photos.

I'll be uploading more  to the same spoiler tags, so check back every few minutes.

Oh, and that tank will be a Gretchin-manned one, it's a bit small for my Boyz.

Also, is there a site i can upload several pictures at once?

Preferably permenantly, and free. I'm using tinypic.

After that second one, i'll shrink them down a bit, they are HUJE.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:01:21 pm by Jakkarra »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 16, 2009, 01:26:02 pm »

...Holy crap, that's creepy dude.  Like a year ago or more, I was at a hobby store looking around at random models, and I picked up that same damn tank and thought "huh, I bet I could make a cool Leman Russ out of this".  Almost bought the stupid thing.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 16, 2009, 01:33:46 pm »

Hehe.

I have a knack for creeping people out for some reason :P

People think i'm insane for some reason, but i can't be! I'm English! i have to be Eccentric.

Oh, and i have the last two pics to upload, and then i'll modify a new post with my other stuff.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 16, 2009, 01:45:14 pm »

Right, those ones are done.

That's the tank, it's a little small for the scale, but then again, Orkz are Huge buggers anyway. They raided a museum, people were smaller back then, whatever.

The next set will be; My arm conversion (simple, not finished) and the shells of my Trakk and my Trukk and finally, the base design i use, is that size base for a Killa kan?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I added a pic of my razorsaw! :D

DONE!

Any questions/Suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 02:34:25 pm by Jakkarra »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 16, 2009, 08:23:30 pm »

Plastic SHWING

▼EDIT: I like it, Jakkarra.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 09:02:33 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 16, 2009, 08:49:08 pm »

Wha?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 17, 2009, 04:25:44 am »

What's up with the red blue and white paint?

My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 17, 2009, 05:39:46 am »

French Orkz?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 17, 2009, 06:59:37 am »

The reason that those things are that colour is because they used to belong to a different person and army, i am scraping off most of the paint, and then i am re-painting them as Bad moonz.

I have an arm here that i've begun painting in the correct colours to test my scheme, but the skin is too dark, it's a mixed pot.

It is the perfect colour for my warboss though. I'll post my little trster Ork when he's done.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 17, 2009, 03:03:41 pm »

Ok, here's a taster of my colour scheme, the black pats will be yellow when i buy some. (the horrible armour plate next to it is just so the camera will focus.)

Oh, and there's a few non-painted bitz on the black parts Unavoidable currently...

Is anything else needed?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 17, 2009, 07:17:06 pm »

Personally i'd give the flesh a light yellow wash for some yellow highlights, i've found green with yellow highlights looks incredible for Ork flesh.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 18, 2009, 07:03:14 am »

Billious green or something similar works great.
I like bright greens more than the tint of goblingreen though, I don't know what your prefered colours are, you can also make a mix of a dark green (salamander/darkangel green or so) with some light colour like flesh or bleached bone for the highlights. Thats up to your personal taste.

One thing I can advice on is making the shaded parts of the upper arm, inner elbow etc less dark than between the fingers.
It helps distinguish differentation of the limbs as separate parts vs the same part.

(ofcourse your image is of an unfinished part, so if I'm preaching something you already know, don't take it as criticism.)
:)

edit
Just got back from a short visit to GW, me and the girl went by after shopping, so I didn't get to linger and be a k nowitall to the painting students. Did ask about rule changes in 40K, the guy said mainly cover and vehicles are affected. and codexes naturally.
Got a skaven engineer and a rattlinggun team. Looked at the 40K side, but without the new codex and rulkebook I'd rather not buy any bikes and such yet. A lot of great new plastic kits since I was there last!
Also got me one of those saws. :D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:47:32 am by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 19, 2009, 04:14:09 pm »

THIS! This is where the Bad Moonz Symbol goes when i get one drawn and Sculpted.

You will also notice the abscence of wings. I removed those eyesores for reasons that will become apparant in a moment.

Some Dags i made for the Bumper of the buggy, do you have any Improvements suggestions? Sorry for the bad pic, it didnt come out too well, there's a lot of (Well made In my humble opinion) Bullet holes and scratched modelled onto it.

This is where my Fuse-box will go, it'll power some gubbinz on the 'Buggy. There are some armour plates on other parts of the model, but i'll post them when they are done.

SUGGESTIONS?!?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 05:27:00 pm by Jakkarra »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 19, 2009, 05:41:25 pm »

Leave the old blue paint chips, it looks like they looted off some Ultramarines (or did you already say that?).  Paint some scratched out Ultra symbols and so forth for extra win.  The gray is a little too flat for believable metal, maybe throw some metallics on there.  Can't comment on the design until you assemble it into something.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 19, 2009, 05:46:49 pm »

Oh, it's an Oracles Landspeeder, my colourscheme i mentioned once, however having it as a smurf vehicle could work.

Also, I'm still scratching the paint off, it looks horrible right now, it's getting a complete overhaul.

The best part is i don't need to be careful! Anything i fail up is BATTLE DAMAGE!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 199